T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guess I shouldn't of given up so soon. Quite a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mets have the best bullpen in baseball when its 7-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm learning [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guess I shouldn't of given up so soon. Quite a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mets have the best bullpen in baseball when its 7-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm learning [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mets are gonna run away with this division though, all our bad relief work and errors have come at the wrong time and we are still 11-6. I'd be shocked if someone else won it, this loss just irks me because Atlanta fans for a few days will think they have a chance. The only thing that didn't come at the 'Wrong' time was Heilman. It is not a fluke that he stinks in close games and is awesome when it is 4-0, he has done this way too much. This is gonna be a huge problem in the playoffs. He's one of only 3 players on this team that I just can't stand.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Why does it matter what Brave fans think? I only come in to this thread to discuss the game with you/others, not to have you repeatedly say how the Mets are going to run away with the division. You don't have to repeat yourself everyday at least. I'll take the under on 10 games if you still want it.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:07 PM

Eh, I keep telling myself "it's just April." I just hate losing to the Braves. There's also a little bit of me that wants the Braves to do well just because I want it to be somewhat interesting in September. Don't get me wrong though, I'd take a 30 game lead goin into Sept. as well.

I also am a little disappointed that Glavine didn't get 294, I just want him to get to 300 ASAP and I am hoping there isn't that stretch between 298-300 that lasts a whole month.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:55 AM

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you here. I've about had it with Heilman. He's a bigger headcase than Ollie. His stuff is unhittable at times (that changeup is just sick), but whenever it matters, he just grooves meatballs down the pipe, one after another. I really like Heilman, and always root for him, but it's just getting ridiculous.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 AM

disturbing trend with heilman, he just can't gear up in tight spots...that being said, what are they going to do with him?? u can't save have a reliever for garbage time, it's too much of a waste and heilman has good stuff...

it's one thing putting the ball in play and letting ur defense make plays with a 5 run lead, but grooving it is...aiy, too much it seems...
Old 04-23-2007, 10:28 AM

My guess is that Heilman is hurting. There have been several times this year when Heilman ordinarily is used, but wasn't. I don't think we've heard the whole story about him yet.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 AM

^^hurting?? this happened last year too when he had problems in close games...if he was hurting, the mets would shut him down...no reason to mess with a key setup man this early in the season and with a good grip in the division (i think they will pull away due to sheer talent compared to the rest of the NL east)...
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 AM

Heilman is definitely hurting. He has elbow tendinitis. He's had it throughout spring training (some speculate he might have had this problem last year too). There were questions during spring training about whether or not he would be able to pitch in back to back games...

At this point we can't count on Sanchez coming back this year in any capacity. And Mota can't pitch for another 33 games. Really, who else are we going to put out there in the 8th inning in a close game? Schoeneweis & Feliciano should probably only pitch to lefties. Burgos...no way. The rookie, Smith...I don't think so. This is going to be our bullpen for awhile, we better get used to it.

In Heilman's defense that inning could have been completely different had Valentin not made that error. That was a tough play to make, but he usually makes those plays. The Mets defense has been very good this year, but when they commit an error it always seems to come at the wrong time.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 AM

^^the tendinitis issue was there last year too, wasn't it?? he said he could get through it...also, how exactly is this injury dealt with?? even with rest, it could flare up at any time right??

i mean, sanchez is iffy, who knows how mota will do without the enhancements, the mets can't afford to have heilman go down too...