Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Panthers vs Seahawks
Panthers 22 64.71%
Seahawks 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather?

size really means nothing compared to skill. only when the skill level is VERY CLOSE does size matter.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 PM

i didn't read any replies but you'd have no chance and i sincerely doubt it would last more than 30 seconds.

unless mayweather doesn't throw any punches like he did(nt) vs dlh.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I couldn't stand to gain some muscle, but no, I'm not scrawny. Body type/shape changes appearances enough that comparing heights/weights and guessing what we all look like is pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt change that much. You may not look scrawny in clothes becuase of broad sholders, or having a "wide body", but anyone who knows how to size someone up, ie a weightlifter/fighter/athlete, would be able to see right away that you arent big. I dont know if Im explaining it well or not, but for someone who hangs out in a gym etc, knows what Im saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I agree with you there; I go to the gym regularly. I was just saying by average standards I'm not horribly thin or anything, just not big by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, but we arent talkign about "average" standards here. My average standards for whether someone is hyooge or not is a lot different than your average slub off the street. hence why I called the op small.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can 6'3", 215 be small by any standards? I understand it is not huge or anything, but if I saw a guy that size with low bodyfat, I would certainly not say he is small by any means.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

Another thing OP has to consider, how would you ever hit Mayweather. Mayweather could probably spend the first two minutes of the round with his hands on his sides and you would still never hit him.

Take a look at this fight: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...agim-magomedov

Yes, it's MMA, but it's mainly stand-up. Notice that even though Magomedov is a trained fighter and throws quick punches, he never hits CroCop. CroCop's reaction times are so fast that he avoids everything.

Now remember that CroCop is an average boxer (at best), and Mayweather is the best in the world. Then consider that Mayweather is a lot smaller and faster.

Even those who say OP can run for 30 seconds are exaggerating things. What makes anyone think OP is faster than Mayweather or that Mayweather doesn't know how to cut off the ring?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I couldn't stand to gain some muscle, but no, I'm not scrawny. Body type/shape changes appearances enough that comparing heights/weights and guessing what we all look like is pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt change that much. You may not look scrawny in clothes becuase of broad sholders, or having a "wide body", but anyone who knows how to size someone up, ie a weightlifter/fighter/athlete, would be able to see right away that you arent big. I dont know if Im explaining it well or not, but for someone who hangs out in a gym etc, knows what Im saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I agree with you there; I go to the gym regularly. I was just saying by average standards I'm not horribly thin or anything, just not big by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, but we arent talkign about "average" standards here. My average standards for whether someone is hyooge or not is a lot different than your average slub off the street. hence why I called the op small.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can 6'3", 215 be small by any standards? I understand it is not huge or anything, but if I saw a guy that size with low bodyfat, I would certainly not say he is small by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

comomn belief is that for every inch someone is, subtract 10lbs to compare physiques. Just becuase someone is tall, doesnt mean they are big.

6 3, 215 is comparable to a 6 footer @ 185, hardly "big"
Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 3 and 215 is fairly lanky and skinny

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 6'2" and 235. I could lose ten pounds at most without making a huge issue about it. I'm way too skinny.

Course, I have wrists and forearm bones and shins and ankles like a girl's. Kinda shameful, but oh well. A lot depends on how you're put together rather than sheer weight. I could probably get to 260, if it were an athletic build without much fat, before people started to say, hey, that guy's gettin' pretty buff.

Maybe I'm an exception, but I've known other guys like me with bird bones. We look like we weigh WAY less than we do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this varies widely, but I questioned it because I'm about 6'2.5" and about 175. While I'm definitely thin, I'm not scrawny by any means and I feel like if I got up to 215-235 range I would be absolutely ripped.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 2.5 175, puts you at more than "definetely thin". You either arent over 6 2, or weight more than 175 to classify yourself as non-scrawny. Hell, Im 6 foot, and at 175 I look too thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When I was 175, I was super skinny and people used to ask me, and I mean regularly, strangers would ask this out of the blue, if I ran marathons.

Putting on weight in the legs for a guy like me can be barely noticeable. Unless you knew me from before and saw me with shorts on. Doesn't look much different in long pants. When you start with sticks, you've got a long way to go.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM

I never said "big", I said not small.

So if 6'3", 215 is small to you, 240ish would be medium and to be big, you would need to be what, 275+? Do you see a lot of (any) 6'3" 275+ low bf% guys around besides the 1 steroid freak at the local gym?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

comomn belief is that for every inch someone is, subtract 10lbs to compare physiques. Just becuase someone is tall, doesnt mean they are big.

6 3, 215 is comparable to a 6 footer @ 185, hardly "big"

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you're really small boned, whatever you do have doesn't really show. Guys like that can look completely out of shape until they take off their shirts and then you can see they're sort of "athletically scrawny" or something.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:37 PM

ah yes, the marathon runner body
Old 05-07-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said "big", I said not small.

So if 6'3", 215 is small to you, 240ish would be medium and to be big, you would need to be what, 275+? Do you see a lot of (any) 6'3" 275+ low bf% guys around besides the 1 steroid freak at the local gym?

[/ QUOTE ]

6'3 240 to me is big, not "medium", that would be the equivalent of 6ft 210. If someone is at low bf at those numbers, they are pretty [censored] hyooge, if they are at high bf, they are just fat.