Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: ******** October Omaha Low Content Thread ********

sqwisssssss,

Lets set a timeframe for the 10k. That way you'd be more likely to get a prop (extra 5k in your pocket) and have a schedule to keep you focused. Win/win.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sqwisssssss,

Lets set a timeframe for the 10k. That way you'd be more likely to get a prop (extra 5k in your pocket) and have a schedule to keep you focused. Win/win.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooo.......lol.........NO. no time frames. i only play online when i feel good. online is the easiest place to make money yet the easiest to snap and lose your mind. sometimes i dont play for 3 days. i might not want to play for a month. i got other ventures.........women........live play etc.

online is rather new to me. i know some great live players who cant play online because they snap too easy. personally, i dont see what the problem is but one thing i'm not going to do is put the pressure of a time frame on myself unless it was for huge money and theres no way thats going to happen.

the formula to my success was always never being in a hurry to win.

quite frankly, i dont see how people can put 40k hands in a month let alone 100k hands a month. my personality is not geared for that.

i'll hit 10k in my spare time. the games arent going any where. i'm going to build a little nest egg online that i build slowly while i watch "i love new york" and what not.

hell, i dont even have rakeback, lol.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sqwisssssss,

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooo.......lol.........NO. no time frames. i only play online when i feel good. online is the easiest place to make money yet the easiest to snap and lose your mind. sometimes i dont play for 3 days. i might not want to play for a month. i got other ventures.........women........live play etc.

online is rather new to me. i know some great live players who cant play online because they snap too easy. personally, i dont see what the problem is but one thing i'm not going to do is put the pressure of a time frame on myself unless it was for huge money and theres no way thats going to happen.

quite frankly, i dont see how people can put 40k hands in a month let alone 100k hands a month. my personality is not geared for that.

i'll hit 10k in my spare time. the games arent going any where. i'm going to build a little nest egg online that i build slowly while i watch "i love new york" and what not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet you $5000 that you will have a 10 buy-in downswing during your next 100,000 hands played at the .50-1 level or higher.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM

Why not offer up a hand total if not a timeline.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 PM

I haven't had huge downswings in PLO yet (haven't played that long), but I've had some demoralizing swings in stud hi and lowball draw games. Do you think limit or PL/NL is the swingiest?

Ugh, when reflecting about it, I think a 200 big bet downswing in stud hi made me stop playing stud hi, even though I can beat it pretty well. Now I never play stud hi because I feel rusty
Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No timeline? LOL, I'll offer a similar bet, but I have to reach 400,000,000,000k. Much more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this in Canadian or US dollars or pounds?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM

Also, will currency devaluation be taken into account
Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sqwisssssss,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet you $5000 that you will have a 10 buy-in downswing during your next 100,000 hands played at the .50-1 level or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that about as gutsy as my initial prop bet.

naw, i'll pass.

my prop bet is not inevitable......but downswings are.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not offer up a hand total if not a timeline.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, one trillion hands.

prop bet is off guys......it aint going to happen......but........10k is.

see you at the top boys.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting to look at all hands I have in Pokertracker, I would never have thought I had >10 buyin swings. I don't think I tilt, but there are stretches where I know I've played poorly and have tried out new things. The first downswing was when I read Reuben's book and started reading 2+2 and tried to be a "LAG". When someone says they are on a 10 buyin downswing, I don't ever buy that they aren't at least a little bit culpable.

It'd be nice if you could easily annotate different sections with metrics like VPIP, pre and post flop aggression, etc.