Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: The Well: luegofuego

[ QUOTE ]
Luego, when you talked about staying ahead of the learning curve/experimenting, do you think if you were an unkown poster, playing the mid stakes, that some of the stuff you do that makes your game strong would be critisized as incorrect? assuming you post it openly in threads for discussion. I think i worded this question weird, hopefully its understandable?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, thats what always happens when i post. ppl are such drones. "oh he will never fold here, he calls with any ace" or if its a thin valuebet/raise "oh he will never call with worse, he folds pretty much all aces" and blabla.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you played anything on Svenska Spel? In that case what are your thoughts on it. What adjustments should a NL$100 player make to win big in 2.5/5nl kr game?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive sweated friends playing there. i have no idea what adjustments u should make since i dont play that small.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
should i move to sweeden?

oh and you should defintily look into trying shrooms. they are definitly +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

no u prob shouldnt. winter here is hell
Old 10-23-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always had some wierd psych issues with poker, maybe you can help me with this.

When you're down like 6-7 buyins in a session do you think it's best to quit for the day and just accept that there is nothing you can do to win on that particular day or do you think just grinding it out until you get even is better.

I tend to just quit when I'm down a bunch of buyins because I'm probably tilting but I don't get as many hands in when I do this and I also tend to get depressed and think too much.

Also, what provokes you to go play those ridiculous marathon sessions? I have a hard time playing for three hours straight, how do you do it? Do you like playing that much or what?

Also, you're my hero <3.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur approach is prob pretty decent. altho u dont have to quit for the DAY. just take a break for 30 minutes and u should be levelheaded again, no?

and thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 07:12 AM

1) Beatles or Rolling Stones?

dont like either that much, but def beatles. i loathe rock n roll.

2) One-on-one eye-staring contest to the death, who wins, Sklansky or Malmuth?

if u can sit for hours and hours and just fold and fold like they both seem to be doing, they would probably be capable of doing it til one of them dies of old age. so, whoever is younger.

3) Best custom title on 2p2?

<-------

4) BBV or OOT?

probably OOT overall, seems to be a bit more mature discussion over there. BBV does have some insane gems tho so it might win out. but both are incredibly dull to me most of the time.

5) Jazz or classical?

depends. both?

6) Best mod?

AJFenix. they call him boss. they call him boss. boss [censored].

7) Best 2p2 gimmick account ever?

the yvesaint anagrams were all hilarious. raptorchrist was hilarious. dont remember anything else right now.

8) Coffee or Tea?

coffee definitely. i got my espresso in the mail today!!!!

9) Coke or Pepsi?

who. the. [censored]. cares.

10) Favorite Banned 2+2 poster/account?

yves obv

Taken in the spirit of some older wells

I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Taken in the spirit of some older wells

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW MANY FIVE YEAR OLDS?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how many i could beat up right? i dont know, a [censored] cause i fight dirty. id gouge eyes, rip hairs, kick em in the balls and everything. if u cant stand the [censored] heat, stay out of the motherfuckign kitchen
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love your idea of putting people in tough situations, especially 3betting more often in position.

When I 3bet and they fold, it's great. When they 4bet, I can narrow down their range quite a bit so that's okay. But the problem I have with opening up my 3betting range is when I get CALLED and miss the flop. You talk about not investing money unless you're prepared to defend it. But the thing about 3bet pots is that they're so huge, you have to devote a huge portion of the stack to defend it. How do you decide what flops to cbet on in 3bet pots? Is your decision process any differen than if the flop was only a raised pot?

Basically, I'd like to know what to do when he starts fighting back with 4bets or checkraise flop. Do I fight back even more or do I narrow my 3bet range?

[/ QUOTE ]

3bet pots is in a whole other universe than single raised pots. it depends a ton on the opponent tho, obviously. imo u should still c-bet a pretty decent amount in these too since people calling 3bets and checkfolding flops is just about the most profitable thing in the whole world for u. however sometimes, esp OOP u just gotta give it up vs a creative or stubborn opponent. if u DO decide to cbet, u should have that second bullet ready a LOT.

if he is really going nuts vs ur light 3bets, there is no question that u have to let him go for a while. DO NOT start re-rebluffing, it is suicide. just wait for a hand this time.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Luego, great thread, thanks for doing this. The $0.86/spaghetti with no ketchup part of the story was especially inspiring.

1. [ QUOTE ]
kids, give me more detailed stats and i will dissect ur game for u for as long as i am in the well. ... i am more than happy to help ppl out

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the biggest leak or TAGfish symptom you see in the stats above (5- and 6-handed games only), besides having CO==BTN and MP==UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i think u should be playing more hands on the button first of all. thats #1. ur AF by street stats also look kinda messed up. dont know what is causing that but they do look very messed up. the rest of them look ok to me. would need to inspect closer to catch the rest.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 AM

2. [ QUOTE ]
for poker strat, there was this one pretty awesome [video] i made for cokerunners.com featuring a pretty [censored] hot line-up: fslexcduck, empiremaker2, jcmoussa, tongni... who else was in it. bakes?

[/ QUOTE ]Emm... can you elaborate? Can one see that video somewhere?

haha, not yet. it is very incriminating. very incriminating. i have it on my laptop and i havent even shown it to the other contributors yet. anyone that was in the vid can PM or AIM me for it tho.

3. Is your range on the BTN different in 3-handed game than in a 6-handed game where everybody else has folded?

no. it is not. my opening ranges from anywhere depends 100% on my relative position to the button. i open just as many hands 10handed when its folded to me OTB as i do 3h. lots of ppl on 2p2 will tell u that that approach is wrong but i dont think so. if u wanna discuss it further, start a thread and pm me and i will post my thoughts in it.

4. Do you ever call 3bets intending to (check-raise)-shove over cbets on most flops even if your hand is not paired?

not very often, but i do it sometimes. i prefer 4betting preflop, especially out of position.

5. How do iPoker, Party and Cake games compare at the levels you have experience at?

party has more games, ipoker and cake seem softer in general most of the time. i prefer the party software tho so thats my bread n buttah.

6. What is your outlook on the future of online poker?

pretty shtty lol. a couple of more years of goodness, but not much more than that. it will probably ALWAYS be more profitable than a refular 9-5 for the better players tho, but we have already noticed how tagfish and mediocre nits have started losing consistently (just check the [censored] threads etc)

7. What are the origins of your screen name?

its a song by a new york no wave band from late 70s/early 80s called Y Pants. its a pretty bad song unless ur into that arty noise punk racket. i just picked it cause i thought it sounded intangibly cool. the best screen names are the ones that just sound cool but u cant really put ur finger on why, imo.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you always cbet in 3bet pots, would you give up with AQ on K24 flop, or AK on a similar raggy board such as 249 after 3betting oop?

How much do you cbet, i find it gets expensive(1/2 pot? 3/4?)

What were you NL$25/50/100/200 winrates?

So far youve given good responses, thanks for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

re: cbetting etc, its more about flow and dynamics than it is about board texture, even if thats important too. also if i am in or out of position. its hard to explain.

imo, u should size ur bets in a way so that u can easily get it in if u wish to do so. pretty annoying to bet 3/4 pot on turn to realize u only got 1/3 pot on river. rather do ~1/2 pot, ~1/2 pot or just overbet shove turn the end.

dont remember my winrates from back then. probably pretty decent i imagine? shrug