Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
At this point it looks like Absolute discovered the PAYUP account before everyone here did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? It's much more likely the hacker's just using different accounts to play on to avoid drawing attention.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point it looks like Absolute discovered the PAYUP account before everyone here did. They must have some information on how these accounts were "cheating" - otherwise they would not have discovered PAYUP - unless someone here let them know. At least they are doing some research without the help of the angry mob.

It also looks like these were fairly unused/low limit accounts prior to the recent update. Somewhere around the middle of August. Anyone have an exact date on this?

PS - Who was talking about this at TOKYOHANA in HOUSTON, TX last night?? Out yourself plz....

[/ QUOTE ]

someone said 22nd or 23rd of august..
Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM

PAYUP won on 8/23. He was still playing, with an unlocked account, on 9/7. No doubt that, without exposure, potripper/steamroller would be taking turns playing the 1K with this guy.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS - Who was talking about this at TOKYOHANA in HOUSTON, TX last night?? Out yourself plz....

[/ QUOTE ]I eat there like once a week. Not last night though.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I eat there like once a week. Not last night though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat there about once a week too. Mondays - all you can eat rolls! We need to have a Houston meet up.

Adanthar - I was saying it looks like absolute closed the PAYUP account before it was brought to their attention. Perhaps the discovered what was going on with DD and POTRIPPER and linked it somehow to that account.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At this point it looks like Absolute discovered the PAYUP account before everyone here did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that? It's much more likely the hacker's just using different accounts to play on to avoid drawing attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

people are saying that because AP earlier reported 5 accounts were frozen for investigation. Its speculation the fifth account was PAYUP, since we don't know any specifics about which 5 accounts were frozen. We can only assume it are the outed accounts.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:20 PM

the problem with this assumption is that it relies on the veracity and up to date knowledge of AP's crack team of security howler monkeys
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gbecks I think most believe the cheating did not start until the new ap interface was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that still doesn't answer why they intentionally get last place (how else do you explain that many dead lasts?)... Do you realize how hard it is to get last? You have to move in AND get called in a 1k and still lose the race.. You have to try to be busting to have those stats IMO..

and Adanthar.. You say they would have taken turns with this guy in the 1k... Who is to say this isn't a single guy on multiple accounts? And is there any way for us to see the IPs that these accounts played from?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and Adanthar.. You say they would have taken turns with this guy in the 1k... Who is to say this isn't a single guy on multiple accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's almost certainly one guy, which I'm basing on the fact that he plays identically (badly) on every account (thx for making it obvious enough that I can see it in an orbit or less, hacker dude)

[ QUOTE ]
And is there any way for us to see the IPs that these accounts played from?

[/ QUOTE ]

tell absolute to hire me as chief of monkey security, problem solved
Old 09-18-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS - Who was talking about this at TOKYOHANA in HOUSTON, TX last night??

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you pass my greeting through to your wife?
Closed Thread