Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

*sigh*

The wife is pregnant. We have one that is 19 months now and the new baby will be born in late august.

I love my daughter to death, but we were only wanting one. Guess I am still a little shocked.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*sigh*

The wife is pregnant. We have one that is 19 months now and the new baby will be born in late august.

I love my daughter to death, but we were only wanting one. Guess I am still a little shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhhh, congratulations?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Got a due date for the master list?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the congrats. I am excited as I have thoroghly enjoyed my 1st child. Just wasn't ready carrer/financial wise to take on a second child. But, I would give up anything in the world for my children and we will just have to comprimise a little more.

We go to the doctor on Jan 12th for the first visit, so I will have a due date this friday.

Congrats to all those with recent additions. Hope all is well.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Just so you know, one that comes as a shock and makes you consider you don't want it early on can have a few ramifications down the line. Not big ones, mind but they're there. There might be a day you're sitting with your second kid having a good time, when suddenly you remember how you felt back when you first heard, and you get a rush of guilt like a kick to the head.

don't beat yourself up, your initial reticence is natural, your guilt in the far future is natural, just accept you feel it and let it go, and get back to the joy you were feeling that for whatever reason precipitated the guilt.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM

I don't know how to make a post like this on a message board, but I do want to follow up the post I made yesterday.

At our appointment this morning, we spent about 50 minutes talking with a genetic counselor, discussing what the results of the quad screen meant, talking about possible mitigating and compounding factors, and taking an elaborate family history, looking for chromosomal problems and a history of miscarriage. All this turned out to be moot.

The ultrasound went about as badly as it could. Not 10 seconds into the examination the technician said "I see a problem already". The baby's lungs were filled with fluid. It went downhill from there.

Without going into all the details at this time, there are numerous physical problems, pockets of fluid in body cavities, and a likely chromosomal abnormality (possibly Down Syndrome, but more likely Turner syndrome). With this combination of problems, there is, by all accounts we've been able to research, literally a zero percent chance of survival.

Given that there's really only one possible outcome for this pregnancy now, that really just leaves us with a couple of difficult and unpleasant decisions to make.

Keep us in your prayers... if you do that sort of thing.

jb
Old 01-10-2007, 02:08 AM

oh, man, that's terrible.

My sympathy, and I hope you two weather it none too badly.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 AM

so sorry, jamzfive. hang in there.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM

jamzfive,

Sorry to hear the horrible news. My wife and I went through much the same experience as you're describing (I posted about it last month), so I can definitely relate to how you're feeling.

It's not uncommon for a first pregnancy to not be successful. You're both young, so there's definitely still a lot of time for you to keep trying.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:07 PM

I went back and read what happened last month, and I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. It is "easier" when a miscarriage occurs early on, but it's never "easy". My wife's sister has lost two in the past year that way (ultrasound showed that growth had stopped), most recently on New Years Eve.

This is my wife's and my second pregnancy. The first ended in miscarriage back in 2002. We weren't trying, and didn't even know she was pregnant until the miscarriage.

jb
Old 01-10-2007, 04:33 PM

jb,

Very sorry to hear your news, you and your wife will be in our prayers.