Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: SHEEP Playoffs - Week 4 of 5 (Friday Reveal)

[ QUOTE ]
it's just like Erich, Eric, Erick, and Erik are the same name

[/ QUOTE ]
This and Sean, Shawn, etc are not direct translations of a specific name. The Jones in Arabic analogy is much better. Even so I don't think anyone would complain if Erik, Eric et al. were lumped together as one answer in a sheep question (I think something like this actually HAS happened during the regular season).

I don't have a problem with Terp's ruling, obviously it's final because it affected the results. And since I put "Lee" I'm not trying to squeeze more points out of it. But just trying to set the record straight.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM

ok i call do-over
Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 PM

WTF @ putting on sunblock before going to the beach (and swimsuit for that matter). Clearly not a pickup-artist...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM

it's just like John, Sean, Ivan, Eoin, and Jan are the same name, right?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Roger
:P
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are Ivan and John different in Russia? Yes.

Are Li and Lee different in China? No.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 PM

First, the Consolation Standings. It's clearly a 2-man race here, and Hogie and bojtun will pretty much have a one-game playoff next week for the coveted 21st Place Trophy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Third place will get recognition as well, and that appears to be a battle between eurythmech, reno expat, and Mark K. If and when we have a Season Two, they all might be contenders for the real thing.

And now the Championship Race! Patton4 has been super-solid all playoffs, and takes a 6.5-point lead into the final week. He's the only on that controls his own destiny. JCool came to play this week too, and his Week 4 victory leaves him in second. If he wins in Week 5 as well, he'll need Patton to finish in a tie for 2nd or worse. If JCool finishes outside of the Top 3, he'll need Patton to finish seven places lower.

I'd say everyone down to 8th place still has a shot, but if the Champion comes for that 3rd-8th group, they'll probably need to win the game outright next week. And they'll still need some help: Taking the top and bottom of that bunch - for fmxda (currently 3rd), he'll need a win, a 7th or lower by JCool, and a 14th or lower from Patton4 to take the title. For jjp (8th), he'll need a win, a 3rd or lower from fmxda, a 14th or lower from JCool, and a 20th or lower from Patton4. An unlikely parlay, but certainly not outside the realm of possibility. Everyone in between has a similar scenario, which I'm sure you all can figure out. And even if this turns out to be a 2-man battle next week, it's still good drama for the bronze medal.

Also, remember that the tiebreaker for first place is the Week 5 score. So whoever's coming from behind here will have the tiebreak should it come into play. No ties for second place and below will be officially broken.

Hopefully we'll get a lot of participation next week so there are a lot of points up for grabs. One more week to go!! Good luck in the final week!!

[ QUOTE ]
wtf you always bring sunblock to the beach, especially if you plan on getting in the water.

Clearly you suck at going to the beach. The correct answer should've been "a cooler of beer"

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on people... Lunch.. ie Ham Sammich.. How dumb are you all!!??!!??

BTW, I take caboose this week, cuz Eskimo doesn't count! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

suppose the question was: something you find in a bathroom

are toilet, john, and head lumped together or treated separately?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AlexM, I'm not changing it, but we'll obviously keep it in mind. You would have finished 3rd this game if I had combined them (which cost you 8 Championship Points to Patton: -3 to +1 differential in the standings, and his 2 bonus points would have been yours). Those points are obviously significant. If it ends up being the difference next week, you still won't "officially" win, but you can complain about it for forever, and maybe you can get a Custom Title out of it or something. And every time anybody talks about the Sheep season, you can bring it up in the discussion. It's the best I can do.

I really can't change it though - Alex Jacob was one that PMed me during the week and asked if I would be combining those two. I told him no, because I was thinking in English terms (and I still think my ruling is reasonable, even though you make a good argument as well, give nthe wording of the question.) Lee and Li aren't the same name here. If I had told him "yes", I'm pretty sure he goes with Lee/Li instead of Chan, and he beats you for third anyway. Somebody else asked as well, though I don't recall who.

I also don't want to start a precedent where people fell like they can argue til I change my mind. I've thought about all of these decisions before they come up in the reveal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: You understand that I'm right and you're not going to change it anyway.