Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Your five favorite games of all time?

1. Zelda Ocarina of time
2. Super Mario 64
3. Resident evil 4
4. Zelda TWW
5. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Old 06-09-2007, 01:38 PM

1. super mario world, great for its time
2. legend of zelda
3. starcraft
4. warcraft frozen throne
5. not sure ?? about this one
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 PM

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII - the characters, the story, the style, the sheer amount of hidden stuff, incredible.

Ninja Gaiden - Best. Action. Game. Ever.

Street Fighter II (and all its incarnations) - why won't they make more of these?! God throwing fireballs and dragon punches around was so much fun.

Neverwinter Nights - astonishing value for money for a single-player game thanks to the toolset that allowed consumers to create their own quality adventures.

Deus Ex - I don't think any game has come close to emulating it's blend of RPG, shooter, and stealth, though many have tried. Remarkably open-ended.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 PM

1. Ultima Online (pre-tram)
2. Warcraft II (once I discovered Kali)
3. Counter-Strike
4. Diablo II
5. L.O.R.D. (Legend of the Red Dragon)
Old 06-10-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In no particular order:

Final Fantasy VII - the characters, the story, the style, the sheer amount of hidden stuff, incredible.

Street Fighter II (and all its incarnations) - why won't they make more of these?! God throwing fireballs and dragon punches around was so much fun.

Neverwinter Nights - astonishing value for money for a single-player game thanks to the toolset that allowed consumers to create their own quality adventures.

Deus Ex - I don't think any game has come close to emulating it's blend of RPG, shooter, and stealth, though many have tried. Remarkably open-ended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your NWN review is good in theory, but nobody ever really used those tools in the way that people envisioned. They had everything there to make their own AD&D lands to play in with their friends, and everyone said screw it and went to WoW instead.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 AM

Hard to put together a top 5.

Best of the best:
World of Warcraft
Warcraft 3
Battlefield 1942

4 and 5
Half Life (CS)
Runescape
Old 06-11-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In no particular order:

[/ QUOTE ]

Your NWN review is good in theory, but nobody ever really used those tools in the way that people envisioned. They had everything there to make their own AD&D lands to play in with their friends, and everyone said screw it and went to WoW instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but that isn't true at all. You know about the Vault right? There are a huge number of community created adventures and other custom content, and a lot of them are excellent. I played NWN for about 3 1/2 years solid thanks to the modules people created using the toolset. I guess if you're thinking that the online aspect never really took off, you may be right, though there are a lot of persistent world servers. That was never the point of NWN though.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:39 AM

1. NCAA Football series (PS2):
I've just spent more time on this than any other game. The replayability factor is just off the charts as there's so many little things to go for when building your dynasty, the seasons are short enough to keep you interested, and the computer AI's still pretty strong. Even after buying about three or four different years of the game and playing maybe over 20 seasons, I still haven't beaten the game on Heisman. The closest I came was a 13-1 season with Georgia Tech where I finished #2.

2. MarioKart 64 (N64):
Another super-fun game that you can go back to again and again. When I first got the game, I played it again and again until I could sweep the circuits on a semi-regular basis and even after that, it was still good for hours of fun with friends. When someone on my floor in the dorms brought an N64 to school a couple years ago, I found that MarioKart was still just as much fun to play against others as ever.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (N64):
Such a huge leap forward in gameplay at the time, Zelda was both the first game to have a huge world of lavish graphics and was also the first to have truly enjoyable mini-games that you could play for hours. The whole tone and story were perfect also and made a great package altogether.

4. Super Mario World (Super Nintendo):
Another game that was endless fun on the SNES and was still worth going back to again as an emulator. Really, a huge factor for something like this is that it's fun not just the first time, but is just as fun all over again when you play it years later.

5. Super Mario 64 (N64):
Yeah, pretty much the same criteria as above. The little challenges to get the stars are designed so well that they're just as fun going through again years later as they were the first time around. Also, another game that was absolutely one of a kind when it first came out.

Honorable mentions: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 03 (for some reason I liked this version better than the new one), NBA Courtside featuring Kobe Bryant, Super Punchout, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 2
Old 06-16-2007, 06:04 AM

Defender, Robotron, Joust, Galaga, PacMan.

In college, I was good at Blades of Steel, and some Nintendo baseball game. I suck at every game now. I did okay for me at Max Payne. You guys would laugh if you saw me play, but I made it through. I play Madden just because I love the NFL, but I would never play another human between the ages of 5 and 40 at it. I got Splinter Cell Double Agent on my PC, I got no stealth. Just kill everyone.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:24 PM

1) Subspace ( Called Continum now )
2) Aces High 2 ( still the greatest flight sim going )
3) Red Orchestra ( Easily the most realistic WW2 FPS out )
4) Ulitma Online ( The most brutal PVP rule set ever back in the day)
5) Jagged Alliance 2 ( still a classic )