Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
i would save all of this "outrage" over the way the school handled everything until all of the information is out.

yeah they likely made a big mistake, but the full story is not out so i think the "OMG WTF WAS THE SCHOOL DOING VT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEATHS" is a bit ridiculous at this time.

that may very well be the case of course, but it just seems to be jumping the gun without the full story out there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more comforting to think that someone can't just do this...that mistakes have to be made for it to happen...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would save all of this "outrage" over the way the school handled everything until all of the information is out.

yeah they likely made a big mistake, but the full story is not out so i think the "OMG WTF WAS THE SCHOOL DOING VT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEATHS" is a bit ridiculous at this time.

that may very well be the case of course, but it just seems to be jumping the gun without the full story out there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT WASNT UNTIL 10 AM WHEN THEY SENT OUT AN EMAIL ABOUT THE MORVA SHOOTING EITHER!!!!! THEY'RE TARDINESS COST LIVES THEY COULD HAVE CANCELED 8 AMS LET ALONE THE [censored] 9AMS WHICH IS WHERE 21 PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIVES!

sorry for the caps, but they clearly [censored] up.

Never have i been in a room where every single person was trying not to cry when the news said it was atleast 20 dead and not injured.

For those talking about evacuating the campus, how do you envision this being conducted? You've got a crazy gunman on the loose looking to kill anybody he can and you want to have what I would presume thousands if not tens of thousands of people milling around in the open? How much likely was this to produce a better result? Where are the kids who live on campus supposed to go, particularly if they don't have cars? It doesn't sound like Blacksburg is a thriving metropolis.

[ QUOTE ]
2 comments. The swat surrounded Norris instantly which is awesome.

And second, on Fox news press conference it took one question for this whole situation to become political. [censored] them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? Was it finger-pointing or gun-control?

And agree, It's pretty sad that the second they think the situation is over, the finger-pointing and politicing begins. So sad.

[ QUOTE ]
32 confirmed dead per FoxNews

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my god [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

those emails need to be made public fast! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 comments. The swat surrounded Norris instantly which is awesome.

And second, on Fox news press conference it took one question for this whole situation to become political. [censored] them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? Was it finger-pointing or gun-control?

And agree, It's pretty sad that the second they think the situation is over, the finger-pointing and politicing begins. So sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

gun control.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM

dear God i seriously am about to throw up

i just feel sick right now
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those talking about evacuating the campus, how do you envision this being conducted? You've got a crazy gunman on the loose looking to kill anybody he can and you want to have what I would presume thousands if not tens of thousands of people milling around in the open? How much likely was this to produce a better result? Where are the kids who live on campus supposed to go, particularly if they don't have cars? It doesn't sound like Blacksburg is a thriving metropolis.

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably starts with "there was an incident earlier in a campus dormitory in which one person was killed and multiple people were injured. classes will be canceled today as police investigate this tragedy further. if you live off campus you are encouraged to stay off campus for the day."
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM

yeah like it i said it is obviously very likely that the VT administration handled it anywhere from 'not well at all' to 'terrible as possible'.

that said i don't like throwing out sweeping claims of blame without the full story coming out, where one can accurately determine the level of culpability of the administration.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IT WASNT UNTIL 10 AM WHEN THEY SENT OUT AN EMAIL ABOUT THE MORVA SHOOTING EITHER!!!!! THEY'RE TARDINESS COST LIVES THEY COULD HAVE CANCELED 8 AMS LET ALONE THE [censored] 9AMS WHICH IS WHERE 21 PEOPLE LOST THEIR LIVES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Do you think if the shooter goes to the engineering building and the class isn't there he decides "[censored], I totally wanted to kill some people but now they aren't where I planned, guess I'll stop?" It's really hard to say how the situation would have turned out then but I can't imagine that it would have been much better.