View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
Not really. They would just have to set the max number at 15 but then have 6-Max tables count for 1.5 and full ring tables count for 1 in the personal totals.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I think this would be a good idea.

It doesn't make sense that one genre of players has the ability to play 50% more than another.

I think when Stars implemented the max tables they didn't consider this.

You can also play as many tournament tables as you want. I don't think this is bad policy.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 AM

The following is a short list of certain changes we (VIP/SuperNovas) would like for Stars to consider making changes to for next year:

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SNEs should not be dropped off at the end of June.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The 'milestone bonuses' could use a little adjusting with a little extra juice between 500k and Elite.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The tournament packages for SNE could use a little balancing so that they are equal.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Most players would favor the SN freerolls being replaced by a bonus.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The maximum tables policy should be revisited such that it doesn't penalize full ring players by not allowing them to play as much as 6-max players.

Anybody have any others?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Most players would favor the SN freerolls being replaced by a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most SuperNovas who posted in this thread agree, but I'm not sure it would be accurate to categorically state that the vast majority of all SuperNovas would strongly prefer a bonus.

Personally, I prefer the freerolls. That said, I'm disappointed with the dramatically decreased value and believe that the prize pool should be increased to reflect the large increase in # of SuperNovas. The value is getting too diluted.

I think a solid option / compromise might be to allow players to choose between a small bonus or the freeroll, ala FullTilt's IronMan promo. I can't imagine anyone would object to that change and the cost to Stars could be calibrated to remain fairly flat over time (in term of actual $s per SuperNova) by adjusting the prize pool and/or charging FPPs for entry.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 AM

I agree with all of those.

For the extra between 500k and 1M I was even thinking having a Supernova quasi-elite category. Maybe give them 4X instead of 3.5x. There seems to be a big gap between 100k and 1M where other then the milestones nothing happens.

Re: table issue. Obviously the concern for Stars was a individual's ability to make decisions. They don't want people waiting on someone who is playing 20 tables and taking max time on each. Since 6-Max involves considerably more decisions then full ring the limits should be different. It is something that should take less then 5 minutes to implement.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the extra between 500k and 1M I was even thinking having a Supernova quasi-elite category.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been suggested before.

It could be in its' own category called 'SuperNova Plus' or 'SuperNova Advanced'. A multiplier would be good, and maybe throw in one tournament package; even if it is just a seat in the WCOOP main event.

But IIRC Stars didn't like this idea at all.

Scotty said something to the effect that 'elite' was just what it says; they wanted to reward a very small group of players on Stars (who, of course, pay the most rake).<font color="green"> I stand corrected on this. Somebody else (not Scottyy or anybody who works for Stars) said this in a different thread. </font>

I could dig up the thread where this was disgusted if you are interested in reading it.

In my game I'm going to pay well over 6 figures in rake (using the dealt method of calculating). Many others would pay more; anybody playing tournaments or SNGs would have paid $150,000. So I don't think asking for something like this (even if it does get shot down fairly quickly) is such a horrible idea.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:37 AM

Adding a SuperNova level

I stand corrected. Scotty didn't comment on this idea before.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most SuperNovas who posted in this thread agree, but I'm not sure it would be accurate to categorically state that the vast majority of all SuperNovas would strongly prefer a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would be accurate.

There are currently &gt;2000 SNs and probably 800 of them play the freeroll. I think it's safe to say the 1200 who are getting nothing right now would rather have the bonus.

Besides, most of those that play the freeroll would also rather get the bonus (based on responses here). Even if we just assumed it was half, that would still leave us at 4-1 in favor of the bonus.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:49 AM

"this was disgusted"

Think you guys are letting this SN stuff get to you a bit too much!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:59 AM

The one thing I would have liked would have been for the targets to be based on a rolling 365 days rather then a calender year. I realize that is way too hard to implement so not a realistic request.

Maybe a bonus for first to reach SNE would be interesting.

An update on the status of concierge for 08 and what will replace the Aston Martin would be useful.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 'milestone bonuses' could use a little adjusting with a little extra juice between 500k and Elite

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. The milestones were kind of a double edged sword for Stars.

On one hand they got players to play at their site trying to hit the milestone bonuses but as soon as players realize they are not going to hit the next milestone bonus there is no incentive to play at Stars anymoe

Once I hit the 500K milestone I will stop playing on Stars and play somewhere else for the remainder of the year. That should happen this month sometime.

I am not going to hit the 750K milestone so why play on Stars? I have rakeback at many different sites where the games are softer and the extra hourly rate from the rakeback is equal to Stars FPP system.

I would however continue to play on Stars if there was something I could achieve after I hit 500K VPP. Or if the FPP went up a little tosay 4x instead of 3.5 x The gap between 500K-750K-1 Mill VPP points is a little to large for my taste.