Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

I had this hand against Roc on Saturday night in the hold em round of our 80 mix that has been driving me nuts for some reason. I open sb with KQ he calls bb flop A93r he raises and I call planning to maybe fold turn maybe call turn fold river and maybe (probably) call down. Turn Q check check river is like an 8 and I c/r and he calls and wins with A6. It's so annoying when someone plays a hand well.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Four Idiots

I sit down in the 40-80 at Commerce. I give cash to the chip runner and say I'm playing 2 racks behind. I post in the cut-off and all fold to me. I see 5-2o and knuckle. Button raises, and when both blinds fold, I tell button that I owe him four chips and push my cards forward to fold.

I am in seat 1 and button in seat 2. As I push my cards forward, button points to seat 9 and I now see, around the dealer, that seat 9 had raised. Button took my knuckling for a call of the raise. He now insists that I must call for 8 chips. I ask him why I would have said that I owed him 4 chips if I had known there was a raise. Now raiser pipes up and also says I called. I say "OK, I'm in for the raise."

Of course flop comes 5-5-6 and I beat pocket queens and pocket 8s.

By and by I get into the 60-120. First time I get the button I raise first in with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Big blind calls and flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise, he calls. Turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he check-raises, I call. River comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Clever player that I am, I realize almost immediately that I have the nuts. So when he bets, I raise and when he 3-bets, I 4-bet. Now he 5-bets.

I have just gotten back from an overseas trip and I'm jetlagged. So, I re-check my hole cards and re-check the board. Yes, I still have the nuts. So here we go again: I 6-bet, he 7-bets, I 8-bet, he 9-bets.

Now I'm certain I must have misread either my hole cards or the board. So I re-recheck my hole cards and re-re-re-recheck the board. I still still have the nuts.

So here we got yet one more time. I 10-bet and he 11-bets.

Now I'm sure I'm not going to win the pot. Certainly the deck must be fouled and he has 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], that's the only hand that makes any sense. So, clever player that I am, I call his 11-bet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

He proudly tables K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I sheepishly table my winning hand. As the table gasps in horror, he rips off his dark sunglasses and screams that he thought the ace of spades was on the board. As I'm shoveling the chips in, a couple of players ask me why I stopped raising to which I reply, truthfully, that I'm an idiot.

A half an hour later, the table was still trying to decide on who the bigger moron was. I won the vote, 4-3, with two abstentions.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

I think the biggest pot I have won in the 1/2 at Commerce was when I said "call" after someone said "raise" and put 8 chips into the pot only to have the action get back to utg who points out that he has raised already and the dealer just sitting there with the typical moronic jackolantern look on their face making it clear they were completely oblivious to everything going on in the game. So I have to call 2 cold in the bb with 75o against what I thought was just a button open. UTG realizes what's happening and caps of course. Naturally I flop bottom 2 on a 3 flush board and snap like tptk with nut flush draw and AA.

Poker used to be great.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 PM

San Diego is burning...

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Then come to LA. What day will you be up this week?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
San Diego is burning...

-Crazy Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] San Diego.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He proudly tables K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I sheepishly table my winning hand. As the table gasps in horror, he rips off his dark sunglasses and screams that he thought the ace of spades was on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post Andy. And this is yet another reason to make fun of people who wear dark sunglasses at limit holdem games.

(Though CDC has recently convinced me of the hilarious merits of wearing shades at the table -- I have yet to do so and misread my hand/the board).
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM

great post. on the bright side you won 11 BB with the nuts on the river in a 60-120 game! wow.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM

We once played in Tommy's room in the Mirage; the lighting was so bad we had to move the game to be near the lamp, or the lamp to be near the game, I can't remember which. Anyway, Justin and I go a hundred and forty three bets on the river when Justin says to me, "You know, there's no straight flush possible." I didn't even see there was a flush possible. Which, of course, there was. And which, of course, he had. I thought I had the nuts with top set. Maybe this was in the back of my mind yesterday . . .
Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Andy, how much did that K9 moron have left after you just called his bet?
Closed Thread