Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
I take out the asics insole liner and put in a thicker arch support liner. I tried the sensor just under the center and its barely noticable at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run in the Asics Foundation 7; I may try that as well. I feel a little bit of numbness sometimes in the arch of my feet (I've felt this in several different pairs of running shoes), so I'm not sure if I need something with a little more arch support.

Back to Super Jock n Jill I go.

Measured 4.57 miles today on what should be ~5 miles (it was mostly [80%] a walk, not a run, since I'm going to cycle for an hour later today), but I think I paused during a small section when I had to retie my shoes, and forgot to log at least a small section, which probably accounts for .1-.2 miles of innacuracy. Then when I started walking again I noticed it wasn't tracking quite right and readjusted and it seemed to be going strong.

Rob
Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 PM

So, does anyone here have any marathon, triathlon, or other race aspirations this year? Since I've never been a runner and I don't think I'll be ready in time, the March 4th LA Marathon is pretty much out of the question, but I'd actually really like to do a marathon this year.

I think I'll plan on a mini-marathon or some other long run in the next 3-6 months and by the end of the year either a marathon or a mid level triathlon.

These are a few SoCal duathalons/traithlons that I think I could do if I keep this up (from here)...

Sunday, April 29, 2007 :: San Diego, California: Playa del Run - Mission Bay
Swim 1000 meters, Run 3.1 miles

Sunday, May 20, 2007 :: Santa Monica, California: Playa del Run - Santa Monica

Sunday, June 03, 2007 :: Huntington Beach, California: Playa del Run – Huntington Beach

Sunday, June 10, 2007 ::: Redondo Beach, California: Toyota Redondo Beach Triathlon - Swim ½ mile, Bike 6 miles, Run 2 miles

Saturday, September 08, 2007 :: Malibu, California: Playa del Run - Malibu

Sunday September 09, 2007 ::: Los Angeles, California: Los Angeles Triathlon
Olympic ::: Swim 1500 yards, Bike 24.9 miles, Run 6.2 miles (My ultimate goal this year may be doing this one)
Sprint ::: Swim 0.4 miles, Bike 20 miles, Run 3.1 mile

Sunday, September 23, 2007 ::: Los Angeles, California: Long Beach Triathlon
Sprint ::: Swim ½ mile, Bike 11 miles, Run 3 mile
Old 01-25-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, does anyone here have any marathon, triathlon, or other race aspirations this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up for the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon March 18th...setting my goals high but would like to break 137.30.00 (13 7.30's)

-----
on a side note, I was planning to play 1200 hands this morning before leaving for a weekend ski trip BUT FTP was down, so instead I made my longest run of ~8miles, and moved into first place!!! eat my dust [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 02:30 PM

DKSR,

I'll be running the LA Marathon again with a friend. His goal time is under 5:30. Last year I didn't get to run it with my friends because I had a faster goal time than they did (last year my friend finished in a miserable 7+ hours). That means this year I'll get to run it at a leisurely, comfortable pace.

With the mileage you've been packing on lately, I think you'd definitely be able to hack it (although maybe not at a pace you're used to).
Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, does anyone here have any marathon, triathlon, or other race aspirations this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I bought the book that Entity posted, and am planning on trying to run a marathon in the early fall/late summer. Not sure where yet. I've always wanted to go for it, and I'm going to commit to it now.

My grandfather, mom and dad all ran marathons, so I feel like I want to keep up the family tradition. Even if I'll be lucky to get within 2 hours of my dad's PR (2:39). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a side note, I was planning to play 1200 hands this morning before leaving for a weekend ski trip BUT FTP was down, so instead I made my longest run of ~8miles, and moved into first place!!! eat my dust [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, I forgot to upload my 6 miles or so from Tuesday. Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts. I'm going to add some more miles tonight and reach my 50 mile goal for January.

[ QUOTE ]
With the mileage you've been packing on lately, I think you'd definitely be able to hack it (although maybe not at a pace you're used to).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I can do the mileage (I've hiked nearly 25 miles in the mountains with a 50 pound backpack on the 5th day of a hike) but yeah, not sure what pace I could do. Your 5.5 hours is 4.76 MPH, so that's not too bad. At 4 MPH on the treadmill, I'm doing a very comfortable fast walk. 4.76 MPH sounds like an easy jog, but the distance is going to be the killer. With only a little over a month to the marathon, I don't think I'll be ready though. Give me 3 months and I could probably train for it.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get added to the 2+2 group?

[/ QUOTE ]

An invite has been sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I have one too please?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get added to the 2+2 group?

[/ QUOTE ]

An invite has been sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I have one too please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Username?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:46 PM

PS - I hate you all. My wife (krobinson42) should give some of you a run for your money eventually, but I'm definitely going to be way behind. I'll be starting official training for Ultimate Frisbee next month so my mileage will go down and my sprints will go up, but I'll still be part of the challenge, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Today is a rest day as yesterday was a tough day. 5 miles walk/run with two dogs followed by an hour of a kickass cycling class, then getting up at 5AM. I'm beat.

Rob
Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 AM

I tore it up tonight. Destroyed my previous 101 minute record by 1.86 miles for 9.07 miles. I just ran and ran and ran. I actually could have done much better, but I slowed down a few times to a walk to pace myself for the whole 101 minutes, but I don't think I needed to as often as I did. I think 2 things lead to this:

1) System of a Down. They kept my ass going.
2) I had my first professional massage yesterday and I felt fantastic physically the entire run. I felt so good, I could have probably restarted the machine and done it again.

I now have a pretty medal for achieving my first goal. I think I'll wait until the 1st to start my next goal of 75 miles (which I may actually reach this month).

Good luck everyone. It's great seeing everyone starting to pack on some miles. I am scared as hell of Entity's wife right now. She came out of nowhere. Also Nomar adds on miles very consistantly. He's going to make sure I don't take too much time off between runs.