Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: FT Sweat--WCOOP Shootout

[ QUOTE ]
Junglen,
You shouldn't be blinding him out because it is the right thing to do. Not because you will lose prestige or people will think less of you or your bracelet will be tainted. If you are arguing the latter you are arguing that it is more +EV to let him reconnect and keep your reputation not that you are doing the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well most people become reputable from being nice and doing the right thing. I agree you shouldn't blind him out because it's the right thing to do - the rest is a by-product.

It just bothered me when you said this

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats,
BTW if I'm Zock and Rock there is like a 98% chance I'm raising everyhand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 PM

Pokerstars support was very, very, very helpful. Many thanks to them. I didn't get to read the chat (for obvious reasons) but thank you to Zock if he initiated anything.

That being said, when I spoke to Pokerstars support (Janice, Jane???? I was tired) I kind of got the idea that they were giving me 20 minutes to get to a different computer, regardless of what went on in chat.

Now, I never asked, "If he says, 'Let's play', what will happen?" So, I can't answer that.

With all that being said, THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL THAT I WOULD'VE PLAYED UNTIL MY OPPONENT CAME BACK IN THAT SITUATION. Anyone who says that they would do anything else, should have their head examined.

I don't even know how much it matters, but I was running over him both before and after the disconnect and the only thing that kept the match alive was a K88 board where I held Kx and he held 8x. He was aggressive 3 and 4-handed so I was surprised how passive he was HU.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM

I wanted to write a completely separate post for this:

Adam, don't sweat a thing. You're probably already over it but you played well.

If that Q doesn't hit the flop for him in that AK v. AQ hand, you would've been in ridiculously good position to take that thing down. I also thought your shove with A9o was fine. I just got lucky to have 10/10 against you.

God, my first post in this thread was so on point. (AK>AK and AQs>AA)
Old 09-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Oh, and ty for the sweat!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:12 PM

my issue is that i truly believe over 80 % of the people would keep stealing the blind when hu... so its crushingly -ev to not do it when its your situation...
Old 09-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Mastr--I missed the chat...did pokerstars ask him to allow the break or tell him that they were taking a break? Either way, kudos to Zock.

As an aside, I was verrrrrrrry worried that he would come back playing more aggressively. I was taking the large majority of the pots pre-disconnect and I couldn't believe my bad luck to disconnect when I was certain that he would be forced to make a bad shove in short order.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:50 PM

support didn't say anything.
zock asked for a break.