Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm supposed to be taking a 2p2 break, but it's the fricken NBA playoffs...

Some thoughts on Golden State/ Dallas...

-S-Jax is a poor man's Tracy McGrady. I like his game and love his attitude. He also plays very good defense, which goes against his reputation.
-Baron Davis will expose Nash badly next series. He is healthy and dominant going to the rack.
-Dallas's lack of a point guard or interior scorer was really exposed. Many of the regular season posters may recall I predicted a poor playoff effort by Dallas all year.
-Pietrus puts up mediocre numbers, but good things happen when he's on the court. This groups him in my Chris Duhon, Rajon Rondo, Renaldo Balkman and other favorite players club.
-Biedrins has earned himself a balla contract.
-The Golden State crowd is by far the best NBA crowd I have ever seen. Anyone have an idea how many points they are worth?

I really like Golden State's chances against Phoenix. I think Utah, Houston, and SA are all favorites against GS because of Boozer, Duncan, or Yao, but Amare has zero post game, and is not that much better than Biedrins. Baron Davis is the best penetrator in basketball. Nash is an average defender. Golden State also has good three point shooters. That combination does not bode well for Phoenix.

I do see a lot of similarities between the teams...

Baron - Nash
Monta - Barbosa
Pietrus - Diaw
Barnes - Marion
JRich - Bell
Biedrins - Amare
SJax - James Jones

Both play relatively short rotations, small lineups, and fast break basketball. I think it should go 6 or 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez man, I usually agree with you a lot, but this post is all over the place.

The Suns don't play the Warriors next.

GS matches up very well with Houston imo but not well with any of the other western teams.

What exactly makes Biedrins so good? I watched him closely all series due to the hype he gets here, and I was EXTREMELY UNIMPRESSED.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a Euro he's not soft. His free throw shooting form might be worse than Shaq but he's a good young player. Not sure how good he can be but I'd want him on the Kings if we could get him.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 PM

GKA,

Stop player hatin on barry plz. He's aight.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 soft ass 7ft euros I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a big, scary dude, with sharp, scary hair.

10/10/2 as a 21 year old is pretty good. there's no reason this guy couldn't be a 16/12/3 guy in a few years.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God the Jazz fans are annoying. They boo EVERY TIME the Jazz don't score or the Rockets do, and EVERY FOUL call on the Jazz. WTF why are they booing constantly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure exactly what you're upset about here...isn't it fairly standard to boo when something bad happens to your team and to cheer when something good happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

After EVERY Rockets basket, there was a sustained boo from the crowd. That's not standard where I come from. Do you stand up and boo every time an opponent scores, no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, but I'm a pretty relaxed fan and don't get too rowdy. I would think that a great playoff crowd would not only react to every basket but to every little play that happens on the court.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

LOL @ calling biedrins soft.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that the warriors matchup well againt the mavs and play well against them recently right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate how we keep hearing this.

Dallas is just really unprepared for playoff basketball, regardless of who they are playing (they could have beaten the Lakers or Nuggets), but IMO would have lost to any other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, that doesn't make any sense. The Warriors won because they match up so well (especially having a coach playing against his old team) and are healthy. Dallas looked fine through their first three series last year.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Amare has zero post game, and is not that much better than Biedrins

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I stop the blood that is spurting out of my eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:36 PM

Biedrins seems like a decent player right now, but he will not be able to handle Amare, who is more atheletic than Dirk and loves hanging around the basket on his pogo stick.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM

Why are we arguing the difference between Amare and Biedrins again, that [censored] isn't even close. Sure, Biedrins is a nice player for his age but age goes out of the window when they are going at it in the paint, age is only something that matters when projecting a player but when talking about right now it really doesn't matter. Amare is on another planet that Biedrins hasn't visited yet. I do think Biedrins is good now and will get much better though.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Amare is head and shoulders better than Biedrins and I'm pretty sure GS signs a trade for the two straight up. Biedrins does fit GS needs. He doesn't need shots to succeed and he's a solid defender and rebounder.