50001-75000 7 10.61%
75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

also my comment was a after a game in which he struck out 3/4 batters he faced. silly me for assuming a guy with a track record as extensive as gagnes perhaps had settled in.

i assumed all of you thought so also, since you know none of you said anything until after the game was, you know, over.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was going to whine that paps was throwing here, then realized we have gagne (obv i dont put much stock into his 3 bad innings).

i heart the red sox bullpen.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF games are you watching? You smoking rock? I thought, WTF is Pap doing in there w/a 4run lead? Why why why?

Gag-me is a black hole in the pen at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey thanks for chiming in w this after the game is over!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I guess I'll have my friend Mark, Adam, Ben and brother Dave call you? Is that what you need? Do you want one of them, two? All four? Or can you finally say the Gagme blows, he was hurt, has been hurt this year, been on the DL and is a shadow of his former self who is a plague to the team atm.

Choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, what?

why do i need anybody to call me?

i say before the start of the game that we have gagne to close....nobody says a word...he blows a game, and everybody is like "lol you were wrong, zomg i am so smart"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the context of what I said. When the brought Pap in the first game, I said, "Why do this now, they've got a four run lead, save Pap for a closer game as the Angels games always are. God forbid he's thinking to trot out Gagme in a close game in Fenway." to my brother and friends this afternoon.

Hear me now?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I guess I'll have my friend Mark, Adam, Ben and brother Dave call you? Is that what you need? Do you want one of them, two? All four? Or can you finally say the Gagme blows, he was hurt, has been hurt this year, been on the DL and is a shadow of his former self who is a plague to the team atm.

Choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it could be any of the things you said above, but it isn't really a fair question, since it REALLY could be variance over a very small sample size. Closing pitchers (and relief in general) can look much worse than they actually are (or better) due to not that many innings compared to starters. I would assume that having 4 bad innings over one game (in the long run) is the same as having one bad inning for 4 games straight. Also, and I cannot find 'the book' right now (I think it was in there), but obviously blowing a one run lead is much easier than blowing a 3 run lead. How many games has Pap (or any any closer) blown when they had a one run lead vs a two or three run lead?

Do I personally 'feel' comfortable with Gagne pitching in the playoffs, not really. But, [censored] feelings. I also don't personally 'feel' comfortable moving all in with aces after I have been beat up all night, but I will do it.

craig
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 PM

also

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I guess I'll have my friend Mark, Adam, Ben and brother Dave call you? Is that what you need? Do you want one of them, two? All four?

[/ QUOTE ]

really confuses me. what are they going to tell me that i need to hear? "gagme sucks" brilliant insight!

any of you guys know who buchholz was before todays game, or was he another jacoby ellsbury who slipped 'under the radar'?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was going to whine that paps was throwing here, then realized we have gagne (obv i dont put much stock into his 3 bad innings).

i heart the red sox bullpen.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF games are you watching? You smoking rock? I thought, WTF is Pap doing in there w/a 4run lead? Why why why?

Gag-me is a black hole in the pen at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey thanks for chiming in w this after the game is over!

[/ QUOTE ]

Choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, what?

why do i need anybody to call me?

i say before the start of the game that we have gagne to close....nobody says a word...he blows a game, and everybody is like "lol you were wrong, zomg i am so smart"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the context of what I said. When the brought Pap in the first game, I said, "Why do this now, they've got a four run lead, save Pap for a closer game as the Angels games always are. God forbid he's thinking to trot out Gagme in a close game in Fenway." to my brother and friends this afternoon.

Hear me now?

[/ QUOTE ]

again.

eric gagne this SEASON has been a very good reliever. for his career he has been one of the best in MLB history. PECOTA projects him to be very good for a few more seasons. his LAST OUTING he STRUCK OUT 3/4 hitters he faced. WHY WOULDNT I ASSUME HE WAS OK TO CLOSE A GAME?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess it could be any of the things you said above, but it isn't really a fair question, since it REALLY could be variance over a very small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

F this sample size bull. I really dont care to wait and I think the Red Sox dont really care to wait either.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]

but, he just doesnt seem to be able to put hitters away. reggie [censored] willits took him to 13 pitches, for crying out loud. everyone was sitting fastball cause his changeup has been garbage.

i still like gagne [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that's exactly what i was thinking during that at-bat. this had straight-gassed-fastball-gagne written all over it. by the time figgins went up, he'd already thrown 20 pitches and was all-over the strike zone.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:30 PM

seriously, what is wrong with you people? EVERY ONE OF YOU was pumped we got this guy a few weeks ago. he blows a few games (which sucks obv) and now after his track record (both recent and in the past) francona is supposed to say "ok thats it kid, youre done?"

maybe we shoulda benched manny after april.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess it could be any of the things you said above, but it isn't really a fair question, since it REALLY could be variance over a very small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

F this sample size bull. I really dont care to wait and I think the Red Sox dont really care to wait either.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the same thing happens with Papelbon, and it will at some point, should BOS just get rid of him? Come on, man. I know you are upset, as am I, but I think this is a pretty short leash to put players on.

craig
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F this sample size bull.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey if you were a professional gambler you would understand sample size a little bit better...

oh wait..........