bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

6max again

Villain was 63/4/0/51hnds

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($18)
Hero ($43.55)
MP ($37.60)
CO ($18.95)
Button ($43)
SB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $17.95</font>, SB folds, Hero?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Dr. J,

You are stacking the same guy back to back hands? Awesome!

hmm, you went from BB to UTG, but he went from SB to CO? It was 63/4 50 hands to 63/4 51 hands. Huge coincidence?

he busted out - reloaded and sat in a different seat?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 AM

DR Jeckyl, are you confused about whether these are good times for a slowroll or what?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. J,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
DR Jeckyl, are you confused about whether these are good times for a slowroll or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you guys.

I agree, nice hands.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:47 AM

Devin KK hand: Umm bet allin on the river? I don't think it's that tough, I know the board is scary but there's no way I'm folding if I check and he stacks, so might as well get it in myself. Given the description of the guy it is moderately likely I will get calls from hands like T8 and JT which will not bet if I check.

cleinen JJ hand: Bet the turn.

BHokie QQ hand: If you haven't seen him do anything unusual in those 10 hands, fold the turn, you are badly behind 100% of a typical player's range and this stinks of KK.

JBrochu KK hand (1): In situations like this raising heaps on the flop doesn't help much. If anyone plays with you it will either be with a set or made flush, which crushes you, or with a hand that is roughly even money with you like AsX or QsJx. IMO a better strategy is to flat call. Your pot equity will be clarified on the turn in two ways - if a spade comes you are obviously dead, plus if the turn blanks and it goes bet/raise to you, you can get out. If nothing like that happens, bet heavily on the turn, when you will be in good shape against a lot of the stuff that calls you.

JBrochu KK hand (2): I guess I fold. It sucks a bit because your hand is kind of underrepped, but it's hard to imagine what he might have that you beat. You probably win around one time in 4 or 5, i.e. not enough.

Slim Pickens AThh hand: I would just fold this flop, it's a bit drawish for my liking. As played checking turn and river looks correct.

Dr_Jeckyl A4cc hand: Fold pf. Playing suited aces out of position is really bad. Ugh, that river stackoff is unspeakable. You really think they're going to cream their pants over rivering a flush with the board double paired? Also CO can't have had a flush draw or he'd have bet the flop. You're up against an 8 close to 100% of the time.

Dr_Jeckyl A8hh hand: Against this villain I would take the following line: Bet heaps flop, bet heaps turn, bet heaps river. Your line is FPS.

[ QUOTE ]
Pot the flop and the rest pretty much writes itself. You'll get his stack, as soooo many players will call down any bets there with anything from the third nuts to middle pair. This is even more fun to do live, as people will be utterly dumbfounded that you flopped the nuts and bet it hard. They want to berate you but just can't seem to do anything but stammer as you stack their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. People always think the bet/bet/bet line is the bare Ah.

Dr_Jeckyl ATo hand: Fold, he has a hand. If he didn't, he would have bet turn when checked to. If he was worried you were trapping at that point, he wouldn't bluff raise the river when your almost pot bet wouldn't exactly allay his concerns.

Scuba Chuck AJo hand: It's close but I'd call river, I think you will beat worse jacks and hands like 86dd enough. In my experience vs this type of villain this size bet could mean anything (block, value, bluff).

Scuba Chuck KJdd hand: Looks good.

BHokie 97ss hand: I value bet the river, probably about half pot. The only reason to check is to induce a bluff, and what's going to bluff? It's unlikely you're up against the bare As.

cleinen 66 hand: Reraise smaller. Blasting stuff like A5 out of the pot is no good considering how far ahead you are. A smallish raise will make a call look attractive with hands like that as he incorrectly believes that twos are outs.

Slim Pickens JJ hand: Ugh. Fold I guess.

JBrochu JJ hand: Bet the flop, he will call with a ton of non queen hands. Probably not a vbet on river.

Scuba Chuck A9o hand: You guys are weird. Why react to a loose aggressive maniac by trying to bet him out of the pot? Your preflop advantage with A9o is probably not very great, so the pf 4bet seems really out of place. What are you going to do if he 5 bets you pf? Call? I probably wouldn't even raise A9o in the first place with this guy at the table. When I raise A9, it's because I'm aiming to win a small pot with it. Versus a guy who often wants to play for stacks, it's too hard to make a hand I really want to commit all my chips with. Beating guys like this is easy. Play hands that make good top pairs and then stack off with said top pairs when you make them.

Scuba Chuck AJo hand: I fold pf. I would rather have a ton of stuff than AJo to make this play. 86s, for instance. I particularly don't want to get involved with an unknown in a 3 bet pot with this hand. Postflop I might raise the river, I don't see him betting such a pitiful amount with a set or something. Hard to say without knowing the player though.

Scuba Chuck A7ss hand: Flat call the flop, the board is too drawish for you to try to push him off his hand. Turn looks like a call.

Scuba Chuck TT hand: I bet a bit less (~$10) and fold the CR I think.

Scuba Chuck KQss hand: I call, this is draws and random K's a lot.

slimon AKo hand: Don't raise the flop, it pushes out weaker aces and gets you stacked with a one pair hand.

Slim Pickens QQ hand: Why not just rr pf? I don't get it.

cha 87hh hand(1): Bet flop, rest looks fine. Second 87s hand looks good.

JBrochu 99 hand: Cold call.

dipstick JTo hand: Looks good.

Jeckyl 33 hand: Raise allin river.

Jeckyl AJo hand: Probably fold against a 0 AF, even over that sample size.

Phew [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 02:01 AM

Chris,

The last hand there.

It's the same villain as before (50, then 51 hands - same stats) - also there is a flush draw and a straight draw - also, no aggression also suggests slowplaying. Tilt? overprotection? semibluff? basic WTF? = you gotta call that guy there.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 AM

Yeah I had to go and was running through the hands quickly at the end and I can't really defend that. I'll switch to call, but with the following caveats:

- Why would you say his AF suggests slowplaying? To me it suggests he hasn't had a hand he's considered good enough to bet yet. He's PFR 4 and AF 0 - the obvious interpretation of those numbers to me is that he doesn't like to bet unless he's close to a lock.

- The stats aren't enough here - the central question is whether he'd do this with KJ and QJ. If he would it's a call, otherwise it will be a fold. If you haven't seen him play top pair before, you have to assume random jacks are in his range and call. If I'd seen him play TPGK passively before I could find a fold. I still think that a guy who never bets or raises probably has a hand when he raises three times the pot into two players, but the situation is a bit too uncertain to fold. I would definitely fold if those numbers were over like 400 hands.

- btw, obviously I'd instacall if he showed down anything but a 5 in the previous hand.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. J,

hmm, you went from BB to UTG, but he went from SB to CO? It was 63/4 50 hands to 63/4 51 hands. Huge coincidence?

he busted out - reloaded and sat in a different seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

n o different guys, similar stats, I think this was the 1st day I played w/ both players, therefore same # of hands
Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 AM

ChrisV,

That was awesome.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChrisV,

That was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]