Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You put a lot of effort into that, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere near the amount of effort Eastern Sports Propaganda Network puts into plastering BOS/NYY bullcrap on my TV! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah because we all want to watch the astros put up a .450 OPS in the postseason again, that's a lot of fun

hmmm... largest sports markets in the country, what might they be? boston, NY, chicago, LA.

if you don't like seeing our teams all over the TV maybe you should stop living in the armpit of the country, put some people in the seats and get some players who don't blow wild ass. what business is going to cater to a bunch of empty seats in the astrodome? ESPN is a business, it's not their fault your market and your team of choice suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned? lol. More like talking to a 7 year old.

What do the Astros have to do with this? There are a handful of great, exciting teams in the league that get almost no ESPN coverage, and you know it. I'm certainly not talking about the Astros.

Couple things, not sure if you are aware but the Astrodome is vacant, and has been for 7 years. They actually play in a newish stadium called Minute Maid Park, and they drew 3 million fans last year with a 73-89 record.

Hope this helps.

To Muresan: What am I doing in here? I'm an Astros fan? Sure I am. So? I'm a baseball fan first and foremost, which is why I switched from Cardinals to Astros when I moved here 11 years ago. It's a baseball thread, brother. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Red Sox fans need to get their come-uppance once in a while (even if it is from 'variance').

Y'all are way too cocky. It's funny because, for the exact same reasons Red Sox fans hate the Yankees, all other baseball fans hate both. I don't know why Sox fans can't see/understand this.

Anyway, go Cleveland! Three W.S. in a row with teams from the heartland (or 'armpit' of America as NT would say) would be awesome!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:33 AM

Lol, I think Mike and Mike has just played the Manny HR clip 15 times in a row.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:33 AM

Game 5 is tonight, but no reason for tension in Red Sox nation...

[ QUOTE ]
"Why should we panic?" Ramirez said. " . . . We're just going to go play the game, and move on. If it doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like the end of the world or something."

[/ QUOTE ]

I may hate the Saux, but it is impossible to hate Manny... he provides so much entertainment...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, I think Mike and Mike has just played the Manny HR clip 15 times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny that thats a national story, but not a Boston story. people here have just learned to ignore everything Manny says.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 AM

manny is manny, but how does he not get shot at for saying things like that by hardcore fans??

if wright said that, i'd come after him with a bat
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I saw that play, and even I said aloud "man that was really f'ing gay", and I'm a Sox fan. That was kinda bush, but A-Rod's had a history of looking like a queer, and he makes a billion dollars an inning so hes under more scrutiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to quote something 800 pages ago, but since no video has been posted...

Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 AM

ur enjoying this way too much sylar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
To Muresan: What am I doing in here? I'm an Astros fan? Sure I am. So? I'm a baseball fan first and foremost, which is why I switched from Cardinals to Astros when I moved here 11 years ago. It's a baseball thread, brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i was an Astros fan, i'd probably also be a "baseball fan first and foremost." iow, i'd tune into real (AL East) baseball even if the astros were on.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Y'all are way too cocky. It's funny because, for the exact same reasons Red Sox fans hate the Yankees, all other baseball fans hate both. I don't know why Sox fans can't see/understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You need to separate the teams and their fans.

Other baseball fans hate the Yankees: (1) for their success (and a belief that they reached that success unfairly) and (2) the disproportionate amount of coverage they receive in the national media. Unaffiliated baseball fans used to love the Red Sox for their lack of success (regardless of the means they used to not achieve it and the amount of attention they received). Now that the Sox have experienced success, many casual fans has moved the Sox over to the hate column and latched on to the Cubbies (and others)... you love the underdog and you hate the success-producing machine.

Fans of all teams get cocky about their own team when they experience similar success and it will always annoy the fans of their rivals... There are [censored] fans of every team...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
manny is manny, but how does he not get shot at for saying things like that by hardcore fans??

if wright said that, i'd come after him with a bat

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we got used to quotes like this from Manny like 5 years ago, and because no matter how much stupid [censored] he says in the media he performs in the playoffs.

I would much rather have 4 home runs in 7 games but says retarded things to the press Manny than no home runs and 38243423 double plays and gives a polished interview Jeter.