Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you'd take Biedrins right now if you could over Amare?

[/ QUOTE ]

check it

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've seen this post, you have Biedrins @ pick #24. You obv like this guy and hes a good young player, but not that good. <3 soft ass 7ft euros I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it. You say that Amare is "not much better" than Andris Biedrins, but, before the playoffs, you had STAT the 7th most valuable player in the NBA.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well what you consider to be their main concern?

I think this series really showed the lack of depth that Dallas has.

Also both of you are making big assumptions that Harris will continue to improve. Next year will be massive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this series showed they don't have a true star on their team who can take over when all else is failing.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: I Hate ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
I log on, go to ESPN. I see a live chat going. It's w/ Chris Sheridan blah, but I figure what the hell, I'll check it out. His 2nd reply is this...
[ QUOTE ]
Kyle (Apple Valley): Chris, as a Mav's loyalist should I be worried about next season, and the future? Any chance Cuban spends big bucks to bring in a big, powerfull guard like Billups, or another powehouse. Besides that what else is wrong?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: (12:05 PM ET ) If a player like Jermaine O'Neal comes on the market, I think they have to take a long hard look at giving up Dirk for him _ especially if they think they've gone as far under Dirk as possible. Let's face it, that team has had mental meltdowns the past two postseasons that would make Britney Spears envious. Maybe it is time, despite what Cuban said last night, to blow it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?! Let's just all say outrageously stupid things & become sports journalists.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah. I think Sheridan is OK, but seriously he should probably get suspended for a couple weeks for this.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. He only took 13 or so shots. That's horrid. If this were Bird or MJ or Kobe, he would've been 2 for 30. If you go down, you go down swinging.

[/ QUOTE ]

How quickly game 7 of last year's series against PHX is forgotten. Kobe was 8 of 16 and only took 3 or so shots in the second half. He completely gave up and, even though I'm a PHX fan, I was offended by it: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...O20060506.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess Kobe was a bad choice of words. He completely gave up on his team for some reason. The point still stands, though.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Baron Davis will expose Nash badly next series. He is healthy and dominant going to the rack.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, GSW won't be playing PHX until the Conference Finals. Second, how is Davis "healthy". Or was I watching a different game featuring a guy wearing #5 who couldn't guard anyone because of his hamstring?

[ QUOTE ]
Amare has zero post game, and is not that much better than Biedrins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly the worst post ever. No way in hell Biedrins can guard Amare.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. He only took 13 or so shots. That's horrid. If this were Bird or MJ or Kobe, he would've been 2 for 30. If you go down, you go down swinging.

[/ QUOTE ]

How quickly game 7 of last year's series against PHX is forgotten. Kobe was 8 of 16 and only took 3 or so shots in the second half. He completely gave up and, even though I'm a PHX fan, I was offended by it: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...O20060506.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the thing about Kobe was you could tell it was a spiteful move by him to kind of show up his teammates for sucking so bad. I'm sure if he chose to he could have put up 20 points in the second half with ease. But he is Kobe so he pulls gay [censored] like that.

With Dirk...I don't know what to think. Even if he had tried to shoot the ball he probably would have airballed it.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM

Huh? = Dead

?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he meant they choke hardcore in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think that is what he meant or he would have said they choke hardcore in the playoffs and a loss somewhere in the postseason would be expected but to say that the only teams they could beat were the Lakers and the Nuggets is flat out retarded.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? = Dead

?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the 900th time..I'm not Dead
Old 05-04-2007, 01:38 PM

After finally catching up with this thread (instead of "pulling an Assani" and replying to things that were already addressed), it was pretty good reading.

That said, it's good to have you back GKA (and in fact it's not my business but I don't get the self-imposed exile in the first place) but that first post of yours was so LOL WTF that you should PM a mod to delete it, but the worst parts have been quoted already.

kidcolin is a pretty good drunk writer.

doubLe a tom comes off like a bitchy, condescending dick.

offTopic, those are some awesome pics.

W/r/t Jazz, a friend of mine is friends with Scott Layden, who recently told him (before the playoffs) that of all the teams in the west they fear the Suns the most. Seems strange seeing the way the season series fell, but he's obviously speaking more to matchups than the game results, which going from memory were pretty close anyway.