Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should we call the UIGEA event?
Black Friday 10 47.62%
Friday the 13th 8 38.10%
Other (suggest below) 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: SEPT #2

[ QUOTE ]
FINALLY! (ship the 28k month - more if i win wcoop ME obv!)

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats.

we should meet up sometime, i think i met both ure flatmates?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:43 AM

Since I got my coach...

Brag: So total winnings > showdown winnings = goot?

Beat: Needed a coach to get me to this point (is that really a beat though?!?)

Variance: I guess I'm not running too hot either *sigh*

Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 AM

Felix, I'm researching coaches now as my game sucks and isn't improving as fast anymore, who'd you use? Can you give a quick review?

Cheers
Old 09-29-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Felix, I'm researching coaches now as my game sucks and isn't improving as fast anymore, who'd you use? Can you give a quick review?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..goofyballer, yes, really, is my coach. Now, somethings to note here... (meh, the rest moved to PM).
Old 09-29-2007, 01:58 AM

Why not offer a public review? It's certainly in everyone's best interest. It gives goofy public feedback which he can use to improve. It gives prospective students an idea of what to expect and could increase his business.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 AM

[censored] rigged [probably better suited to BBV]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $203.55
Hero (BB): $248.00
UTG: $147.55
FTKorea (MP): $374.00
CO: $302.80
BTN: $249.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, FTKorea calls $4.00, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">FTKorea raises all-in to $374.00</font>, BTN calls all-in for $230.55, Hero calls all-in for $198.00
Uncalled bet of $124.45 returned to FTKorea

Flop: ($752.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Turn: ($752.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

River: ($752.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $752.10 ($3 Rake)

FTKorea had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and WON (+$499.55)
BTN had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$249.55)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$248.00)
Old 09-29-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not offer a public review? It's certainly in everyone's best interest. It gives goofy public feedback which he can use to improve. It gives prospective students an idea of what to expect and could increase his business.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's because SirFelix just told me that goofy doesn't actually coach, he just spends billable hours freestyle rapping on skype. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I get that. I do. But as far as I know, he's not actively looking for students. I kind of hunted him down and coercered him into it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But, that said, here it is:

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well..goofyballer, yes, really, is my coach. Now, somethings to note here... (meh, the rest moved to PM).

1) When I moved up to 200NL, I developed some UGLY holes in my game for w/e reason. I chose him for a few reasons: 1) I needed to nit up some 2) I HIGHLY respect his posts on here 3) I had previously spoken to one of his students about him as a coach about 4-5 months ago and he spoke highly of him

Now, that said, while there have been a few new tools he's taught/incorporated into my game, he hasn't TAUGHT me a TON. It's more of a way of thinking as well as reinforcing some things I already knew. That's not to understate the change in my game or how much he's helped, but it's not like after 2 sessions w/ him, I woke up and BOOM, I'm aba.

It's lots of little things and ways of thinking about things is all.

The key is finding someone you respect and are comfortable with. I think those are the most two important features of a coach. I'm glad I chose him and it's worked out well. Note here, though, that he is not actively seeking students...I just asked him if he would mind taking me on. I'm not saying he will you, but even if not, if you chose him even, just find someone you're comfy with!

GL!

As for pricing, that's between you and him. But if you want to know more, PM me.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's because SirFelix just told me that goofy doesn't actually coach, he just spends billable hours freestyle rapping on skype. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo Shizzle!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else up for a 30k hand prop bet for October?

Yes, I know that some of you play 30k in a wknd, but for us grown ups who have lives, I think this should be a solid challenge.

PM if so!

[/ QUOTE ]

And for us recent college-grad kids who still go out every night and sleep all day. :-)

Looks like SirFelix and I are getting this 30k hands in October challenge going. let us know if you want in (no more than 2 or 3 others though).
Closed Thread