Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God the Jazz fans are annoying. They boo EVERY TIME the Jazz don't score or the Rockets do, and EVERY FOUL call on the Jazz. WTF why are they booing constantly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure exactly what you're upset about here...isn't it fairly standard to boo when something bad happens to your team and to cheer when something good happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

After EVERY Rockets basket, there was a sustained boo from the crowd. That's not standard where I come from. Do you stand up and boo every time an opponent scores, no matter what?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas is just really unprepared for playoff basketball, regardless of who they are playing (they could have beaten the Lakers or Nuggets), but IMO would have lost to any other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the basis of this post? Where do you get this from? They went to the NBA finals last year meaning they beat every team in the West and then beat everyone except for GS this year...then they played GS and lost to GS in the first round. How do you know they "weren't prepared"? This comment is out of nowhere.

I could understand if they weren't the WC Champions and then got beat by GS, but they proved the year before that they could play in the playoffs. Why don't you just say Pho can't play playoff basketball? Such a weird post.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:43 PM

Default I Hate ESPN

I log on, go to ESPN. I see a live chat going. It's w/ Chris Sheridan blah, but I figure what the hell, I'll check it out. His 2nd reply is this...
[ QUOTE ]
Kyle (Apple Valley): Chris, as a Mav's loyalist should I be worried about next season, and the future? Any chance Cuban spends big bucks to bring in a big, powerfull guard like Billups, or another powehouse. Besides that what else is wrong?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: (12:05 PM ET ) If a player like Jermaine O'Neal comes on the market, I think they have to take a long hard look at giving up Dirk for him _ especially if they think they've gone as far under Dirk as possible. Let's face it, that team has had mental meltdowns the past two postseasons that would make Britney Spears envious. Maybe it is time, despite what Cuban said last night, to blow it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?! Let's just all say outrageously stupid things & become sports journalists.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dallas will go down in history as one of the regular season greats and postseason regulars to never win a championship. Joins Utah with Malone and Stockton

[/ QUOTE ]

ive gotta stick up for my boys here stock and the mailman, there was one reason they didnt win a championship(s)... choking at the free throw line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amare has zero post game, and is not that much better than Biedrins

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I stop the blood that is spurting out of my eyes?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Al,

I am glad I am moving back up to CT for 5 months on Thursday. I don't know if I can handle Dallas media this summer, they will wear this thing out.

It has been a crazy 2 years to be a fan in Dallas:

Hockey- Last year the Stars collapsed and were swept, this year they lose a nail-biting battle of the goalies 7 game heart breaking series...both in the first round.

Football- The Romo fumble this year...in the first round.

Basketball- The NBA finals collapse. The first round collapse.

Baseball- Eliminated in the first week both years! =)
Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Ralph Wiggum,

Standard media knee-jerk reactions. In 3 months the media will be talking about how Dirk is irreplaceable.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry. He only took 13 or so shots. That's horrid. If this were Bird or MJ or Kobe, he would've been 2 for 30. If you go down, you go down swinging.

[/ QUOTE ]

How quickly game 7 of last year's series against PHX is forgotten. Kobe was 8 of 16 and only took 3 or so shots in the second half. He completely gave up and, even though I'm a PHX fan, I was offended by it: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...O20060506.html
Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
also, i think if you beat the #1 seed, YOU should be the #1 seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

TO BE THE MAN, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas is just really unprepared for playoff basketball, regardless of who they are playing (they could have beaten the Lakers or Nuggets), but IMO would have lost to any other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the basis of this post? Where do you get this from? They went to the NBA finals last year meaning they beat every team in the West and then beat everyone except for GS this year...then they played GS and lost to GS in the first round. How do you know they "weren't prepared"? This comment is out of nowhere.

I could understand if they weren't the WC Champions and then got beat by GS, but they proved the year before that they could play in the playoffs. Why don't you just say Pho can't play playoff basketball? Such a weird post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant they choke hardcore in the playoffs.