check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: A9 unsoooooted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 60/41/2.46 over 160 hands.
While those stats are very large, it's very noticeable. In addition, different than other open min-raise donkeys who have large PFRs, his raise sizes are generally legitimate to marginally too much.

In this hand, villain thought for a short bit before calling my 4bet, and then near insta-shoved flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($47.95)
CO ($51.60)
Button ($46.75)
SB ($125.85)
BB ($85.25)
UTG ($56.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17</font>, SB calls $10.

Flop: ($32.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $38</font>, Hero calls $32.95 (All-In).

Edit: I should add, villain 3betting here was common, not uncommon (w/o regard to position).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd usually like a little better than to play back with. Either a bigger A, a pocket pair, or something suited. Axs or a SC or one gapper. Letting these guys pwn you for a bit, isn't always a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Devin here. Too many times I used to get fed up with a player and find myself getting into marginal ev spots. With a little patience these guys will often offer huge ev spots.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($50.20)
jb ($50.50)
CO ($50)
Button ($41.85)
SB ($90.05)
BB ($52.95)

Preflop: jb is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">jb raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, jb checks.

Turn: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">jb bets $2.5</font>, SB calls $2.50.

River: ($9.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, jb checks.

Final Pot: $9.50

Villain is 54/17/3.1 over 64 hands

Should I value bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not c-bet flop? and you're in position... if he CR... i don't know... if a big CR then fold, a small CR probably reraise?

as played check river, probably only a better hand is calling you

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here is my thinking. Well, not really my thinking as I've been heavily influenced by members of this forum and Jesus. (Seriously, Chris Fergusons chapter on postflop play in the FT book.)

I think betting the flop here is ok but I don't like to get c/r in this spot especially since this guy looks aggressive enough to c/r bluff.

You bet for 3 reasons,

1) Make a better hand fold
2) Make a worse hand call
3) Protect a vulnerable best hand

I don't think this guy is folding any better hands so that's a negative for betting. However, he's probably calling with some worse hands so that's a postive for betting. Sometimes though it's easier to get value out of worse hands on later streets if you check the flop so that's a negative for betting.

The board is fairly dry so there's not too many free cards I'm worried about so betting to protect a vulnerable hand isn't too much of a consideration so this is probably neutral.

I think this can be played either way but overall I prefer checking the flop.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 AM

fwiw jeckyll 77+ and prob 6X will call the river in J's JJ hand and betting there is absolutely mandatory.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw jeckyll 77+ and prob 6X will call the river in J's JJ hand and betting there is absolutely mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree FD. I'm getting better but still missing value in spots. FWIW villain had AT in this hand and I think he actually might have called a small river bet.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Default SSNL advice

Just read about some random dude who donked off his roll at nosebleed stakes.

Anyway, he wrote some pretty good general advice that we prolly all know, but it's good to hear again.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Stop playing your cards so much. For once forget what you have and just think what your oppenent has. Thats why position is so important. I hear some many ssnl players talk about position being important but i see so few exploiting it. Float more, mix up your play, c/r on a flop u missed such as 44 on a 389 board.

2. Stop playing so many tables. I see way too many players playing 9 tables on so on but i think 6 should be the max. Every hand i see posted comes with statistics as the read on a player. "My read on Player Z is he is a 20/16/3 over 40 hands." This information is basically pointless because it digs very thinly into how the player actually plays and the sample size is useless. You have to play less tables and actually get more reads on certain players. At 200 nl and below most regs have such glaring weaknesses that you can easily exploit them. Just stop seeing them as a 19/15/3 and figure out how to beat them.

3. Bet more, check raise more, b/3bet more etc. Play especially at 1/2 nl is so much easier when you take aggression into your hands more. If i hear playing for pot control one more time with AA on a ragged board im going to go mad. Its ok to put yourself into a difficult spot by going for thinner value than normal, do your best to correctly identify the situation/player/ and so on to make the right decision. By making these "pot control" decisions your are just making moving up that much infinately harder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: SSNL advice

lol that wasnt his roll but ya it was a good post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: SSNL advice

[ QUOTE ]
2. Stop playing so many tables. I see way too many players playing 9 tables on so on but i think 6 should be the max. Every hand i see posted comes with statistics as the read on a player. "My read on Player Z is he is a 20/16/3 over 40 hands." This information is basically pointless because it digs very thinly into how the player actually plays and the sample size is useless. You have to play less tables and actually get more reads on certain players. At 200 nl and below most regs have such glaring weaknesses that you can easily exploit them. Just stop seeing them as a 19/15/3 and figure out how to beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is brilliant
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: AJo, I don\'t really wanna call do I?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the first thing i ever learned was to wait for the BB. goes to show don't take things for granted

[/ QUOTE ]

At a full table, posting from the CO works out just about the same as posting from the BB. 6-handed I wait for the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember some article by Lederer that said posting from the CO was better in full ring rather than waiting for the BB. Of course, he might've said if you post from the CO then leave it's better. In any case, nobody plays full ring so I guess it really doesn't matter.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM

BTN is 17/10/14.0 (yeah, 14.0, not a typo) over 200 hands. Here's another one of my awesomely-retarded c/c lines. Is there any point in disguising my hand like this against someone who's definitely capable of firing all streets with nothing? If I c/r the flop, I basically represent a J and he shuts down unless he's crushing me anyway.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $101.60
CO: $131.05
Button: $133.50
SB: $94
Hero: $123.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $11</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($39.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN is 17/10/14.0 (yeah, 14.0, not a typo) over 200 hands. Here's another one of my awesomely-retarded c/c lines. Is there any point in disguising my hand like this against someone who's definitely capable of firing all streets with nothing? If I c/r the flop, I basically represent a J and he shuts down unless he's crushing me anyway.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $101.60
CO: $131.05
Button: $133.50
SB: $94
Hero: $123.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $11</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($39.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

argfluopi9juwnjkl; nfaa;ei;na.

Are you going for some kinda meta game thing here?

3bet pf.
bet flop
bet turn
bet river

fk his stats let him rr you and get him allin