View Poll Results: Pick 2
Parker @ CHI 1 8.33%
Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

lol @ Red Sox fans. It's nice to see a team with a bunch of classless punks go down in flames. WTF is up with Manny?! I mean, really...anyone else wish to see a midget run up and kick him in the nuts when he stands there like he's parting the f&cking Red Sea? I do.

This team is full of players that nobody outside of Boston can root for. That team is no different than the Yankees. I take pleasure in both teams crashing and burning.

LIFE IS GOOD!!! GO C.C.!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM

I heard on the radio a little while ago that the Sox had an optional workout and 4 guys didnt show. Paplebon, Ortiz, Crisp and Drew. I can live with Paplebon and Ortiz but how the [censored] do Drew and Crisp not even show. Absolutely pathetic if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL DUSTIN FRAUDROIA HAHA LOOK AT ME IM SO CLEVER

[/ QUOTE ]

....QFT hahaha. Maybe Pedroia should worry less about slapping mitts and more about NOT GROUNDING OUT WEEKLY TO THIRD BASE EVERY SINGLE AT BAT AARRGRGGHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been grounding out more often than once a week.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Red Sox fans. It's nice to see a team with a bunch of classless punks go down in flames. WTF is up with Manny?! I mean, really...anyone else wish to see a midget run up and kick him in the nuts when he stands there like he's parting the f&cking Red Sea? I do.

This team is full of players that nobody outside of Boston can root for. That team is no different than the Yankees. I take pleasure in both teams crashing and burning.

LIFE IS GOOD!!! GO C.C.!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a pretty stupid post. Manny is like a little kid that is just so happy with himself when he hits a home run. I can understand not liking Drew and Schilling but calling the entire team "classless punks" is just retarded.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a pretty stupid post. Manny is like a little kid that is just so happy with himself when he hits a home run. I can understand not liking Drew and Schilling but calling the entire team "classless punks" is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

one bad apple can ruin it for them all
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one bad apple can ruin it for them all

[/ QUOTE ]

Every team has schmucks. Every fan base has lousy fans. That's why I try not to view all Astros fans in the same light as AcesHigh and phb.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

Sorry to crash this awesome party, but is anyone else annoyed at Jhonny Peralta's parents for giving him that retarded spelling of his first name? The dude has to go through his whole life correcting everybody. If he didn't make it to the bigs and it wasn't splashed on a TV screen nobody would ever get it right, ever. Stupid ass parents trying to give him an "original" name.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to crash this awesome party, but is anyone else annoyed at Jhonny Peralta's parents for giving him that retarded spelling of his first name? The dude has to go through his whole life correcting everybody. If he didn't make it to the bigs and it wasn't splashed on a TV screen nobody would ever get it right, ever. Stupid ass parents trying to give him an "original" name.

[/ QUOTE ]

from Wikipedia:

The unusual spelling of his first name is attributed to a clerical error on his birth certificate.[1] He has refused to have it changed. The letter combinations "Jh" or "Gh" are sometimes used in the Spanish language to represent the English "J" sound, as the "J" in Spanish is normally pronounced as an English "H".
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Hitting a line drive right at a fielder is a bad break.

Hitting a bloop down the line is a good break.

Over the course of a season, the breaks usually even out. But in the small sample size of the playoffs, the breaks will have an inordinate effect on the outcome.

The Diamondbacks outhit the Rockies in their series yet they lost all four games. I'm pretty sure that is an extreme rarity.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he kinda halfway flailed at it but didn't really follow through / make contact. and unlike arod he was also in the process of diving headfirst into the bag so he was moving in that direction anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

so we, and by we, i mean you, red sox nation, don't believe that he only went head first to have the opportunity to swat at the ball with at least a little cover??

WHOLE lotta whining going on in this thread, to the point that it actually pisses me the [censored] off a little..and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

that's all that's been going through my head all day, AND WE'RE UP 3-1!!

life as a cleveland sports fan.

and lol at boston fans. all of a sudden everything is 'variance', as if coming back from 3-0 against the yankees in the series before they finally won their championship wasn't.