Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Re: **American Idol Finals: Classic Love Songs

[ QUOTE ]
now that Kellie is eliminated, and with Paris going home next week, most of their votes are going to get shifted to either Chris or Kat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i predict the paris voters stop voting in general.

however, i can GUARANTEE that kellies votes will not go to kat. they are as different as blus state/red state. a true kellie fan throws her votes to taylor or chris due to the southern phenomenon.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:02 AM

You guys give WAY too much credit to the Southern Vote. I bet you guys think Vote for the Worst has a huge impact on idol!!@&* omg Kevin stayed for 3 weeks, all because of VOTE FOR THE WORST! 15 hits an hour woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fantasia didn't win because she was from the south, neither did Kelly/Ruben/Carrie/Fantasia. Look at s3 for example. It was because everyone [censored] blew (JPL? Conan Jr? Jasmine? That football guy? jfc). I know msot people hate Fantasia (including me) but out of the whole group, she was the only person with "talent" if you want to call it that.

Season 4's talent pool was that great either, other than Carrie/Bo, none of them were not really that great, and just because they were from the south, doesn't mean they only made it because "the south votes hard", it's because they're good. Same with Kelly from s1, she would still win if she was from Bumfuck, Alaska. If the "south" was that much of a factor, there is NO WAY Kellie would have been eliminated before Paris/Elliot, not matter how [censored] she was. You think people are going to change their "main pick" just because they sang bad? No, they're going to vote to who they want to see more/continue on.

You guys can book it now, Chris vs Katharine in the final 2, and Taylor and his Soul Patrol will troll internet boards saying how everything is rigged/he was robbed/the producers killed his dog for the next few months. wooooooooo whooooo im a spaz woooooooo tick tick tick woooooooooooo Soul patrol!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
now that Kellie is eliminated, and with Paris going home next week, most of their votes are going to get shifted to either Chris or Kat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i predict the paris voters stop voting in general.

however, i can GUARANTEE that kellies votes will not go to kat. they are as different as blus state/red state. a true kellie fan throws her votes to taylor or chris due to the southern phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... but at the same time, I think there is a huge "young" vote that will vote for anyone besides Taylor. I am in my twenties, and neither I nor any of my friends, or any random people or coworkers around my age like this guy. I know he is hugely popular and is getting a ton of votes from somewhere, but I think there are just too many people out there that despise him. Perhaps I am blinded by my opinion of him and it will cost me.

You have definitely proven me wrong so far on Taylor, we will see how far he goes.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:04 AM

Im in my early twenties, girlfriend is in her late twenties and we both like Taylor above the rest, since the auditions. General FYI neither of us vote, and I have bet several thousands this season.

I also have plenty of anecdotal evidence that supports Taylor in my age group, younger, and of course, older. Most of these people watch the show regularly and do vote.

I'm not trying to argue that there is support for Taylor in the younger groups, just that because you don't see it around you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe it's a location thing, I'm in NYC ....