Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 03:40 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL Stars 1Million***

why the [censored] did u fold AK with a short stack?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter if im short? Why would I get my chips in if I think im behind. I would much rather open push trash from utg then call in that spot with AK
Old 04-10-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter if im short? Why would I get my chips in if I think im behind. I would much rather open push trash from utg then call in that spot with AK

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have some seriously specific online read to fold AK with 231 people left and only 9 BBs. There is no way I would have folded that.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You must have some seriously specific online read to fold AK with 231 people left and only 9 BBs. There is no way I would have folded that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think he would do that to make everybody think that they have no foldequity and like me fold AK... as a steal?
Otherwise I have a hard time imagining any hand which I beat. Maybe I am weaktightminded in this situation but I put him on AA-QQ... and he played it unorthodox since he was utg and utg raises had gotten alot of respect at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It matters MORESO that you're short. If you had 15BB, I could actually find a fold, but you don't have time to waste with 9BB and UTG is NOT just QQ-AA. Sorry man, you, nor anyone else, can put him on just those 3 hands. We aren't good enough, nor should we be.

Depending on his style, he could have 88-JJ, AJs, AQo.

If you had more BB, a fold could be found.

However, pushign trash from UTG is NOT better than the situation here.

Shove 100% of the time.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It matters MORESO that you're short. If you had 15BB, I could actually find a fold, but you don't have time to waste with 9BB and UTG is NOT just QQ-AA. Sorry man, you, nor anyone else, can put him on just those 3 hands. We aren't good enough, nor should we be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know UTG isnt just AA-QQ, but I really think a 5xBB from UTG is TT+ atleast. And I have no fold equity, so I would essentially just be calling of my chips as a dog.
But I se your point and agree that we need to gamble. At the time I just felt that I could find a better spot. I ended up pushing from MP with KJ and got called by K8! who drew out.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know UTG isnt just AA-QQ, but I really think a 5xBB from UTG is TT+ atleast. And I have no fold equity, so I would essentially just be calling of my chips as a dog.
But I se your point and agree that we need to gamble. At the time I just felt that I could find a better spot. I ended up pushing from MP with KJ and got called by K8! who drew out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't following. His 5xBB UTG doesn't mean a pocket pair. I don't know the stack sizes or images, but as I've said in other posts like this, UTG can have ATs+, AJo+.

ATs doesn't really want a call, so 5xBB could mean that too.

You have to shove here, bottom line.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:52 PM

ehh... I NEVER fold AK in that spot....thats just silly.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very general, but I tend to think of preflop raises of more than 4 BB in this type situation to mean hands that don't want a call, such as A/less than queen and medium to small pocket pairs, or just outright steals. With 9 BBs, what better situation can you reasonably expect to get than getting it all-in with Ace King?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You aren't following. His 5xBB UTG doesn't mean a pocket pair. I don't know the stack sizes or images, but as I've said in other posts like this, UTG can have ATs+, AJo+.

ATs doesn't really want a call, so 5xBB could mean that too.

You have to shove here, bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I think your right. Its just that the weird big raise kind of got me confused. I thought that such a clowny play from utg must come from someone who likes his hand, but I guess I it was a bad fold now.