Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]

what if they own a machete', a screw driver, or an Honda Accord?

maybe you are being sarcastic...

[/ QUOTE ]

once you accept a mental evaluation test, it must be done periodically I think, logically. yearly? monthly?

maybe a snitch line where if someone dimes you out for being "stressed", you must get tested within 3 days or something or have your guns confiscated.

if anyone can disagree with this logic, let me know.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM

maybe a yearly or every 2 years mandatory checkup, with a x% random chance of being randomly tested every month., like 1% chance of being tested every month.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the term assault rifle because I think it's the father its bastard child "assault weapon", which is a loaded political term that ignorant people use.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] me people say that liberals are politically correct.

Don' YO call ma gun thaaa'

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone is opposed to the use of a term because it creates a misconception, then that person is politically correct?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I don't like the term assault rifle because I think it's the father its bastard child "assault weapon", which is a loaded political term that ignorant people use.

If someone is opposed to the use of a term because it creates a misconception, then that person is politically correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

interestingly the supreme court said a sawed off shotgun could be outlawed because it had no military purpose, yet rifles that are basically single fire only replicas of army select single or auto fire rifles are demonized because they are too "military".
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

once you accept a mental evaluation test, it must be done periodically I think, logically. yearly? monthly?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, "When Hell Freezes Over?"

[ QUOTE ]

maybe a snitch line where if someone dimes you out for being "stressed", you must get tested within 3 days or something or have your guns confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, brilliant idea. Lets give everyone with a grudge the ability to put their enemies through government Re-Education classes. Great Orwellian concept.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. But before I do, and with knowledge that you are probably not an expert in human psychology, could you, for the sake of argument lay out a rough sketch of your "evaluation"?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, "When Hell Freezes Over?"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, brilliant idea. Lets give everyone with a grudge the ability to put their enemies through government Re-Education classes. Great Orwellian concept.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. But before I do, and with knowledge that you are probably not an expert in human psychology, could you, for the sake of argument lay out a rough sketch of your "evaluation"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

interestingly the supreme court said a sawed off shotgun could be outlawed because it had no military purpose, yet rifles that are basically single fire only replicas of army select single or auto fire rifles are demonized because they are too "military".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, single fire replicas of full-auto assault rifles don't really serve no practical civilian purpose. All you get is a relatively poor rifle (with a few honourable exceptions like the M-21 and derivates) for any civilian purpose (marksmanship, self defence, hunting) so you'd typically connect them with couch-soldiers and wannabes. So in essence they do deserve their bad rep. I can't speak for all, but I can't take a person who own such replica weapons seriously, and I am gun enthusiast.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What misconception?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

what I mean is once you accept the *premise* of mental health evalutions then the rest follows logically.

obviously you don't accept the premise, which is logical, but my point is that once you accept the premise then the rest follows logically.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, single fire replicas of full-auto assault rifles don't really serve no practical civilian purpose. All you get is a relatively poor rifle (with a few honourable exceptions like the M-21 and derivates) for any civilian purpose (marksmanship, self defence, hunting) so you'd typically connect them with couch-soldiers and wannabes. So in essence they do deserve their bad rep. I can't speak for all, but I can't take a person who own such replica weapons seriously, and I am gun enthusiast.

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc, in the LA riots korean shopkeepers defended their shops (successfully) with semi automatic fully legal AK-47's.