Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: ******** October Omaha Low Content Thread ********

Shot at 2007-10-23

adfasdfasdfasdfasdfsd

I was gonna try to get total of 40k hands in by end of october but this is depressing
Old 10-23-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Shot at 2007-10-23

adfasdfasdfasdfasdfsd

I was gonna try to get total of 40k hands in by end of october but this is depressing

[/ QUOTE ]

repost when you break out to the upside dude.

thanks for the examples guys.

i really think that with my style, a 10 buyin downswing is about the limit......unless i just so happen to run into extreme variance.

i'm trying to get some hand statistics form pokerstars but they havent sent it to my email yet. i'm really interested in seeing what my percentages are.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:11 PM

You don't need extreme variance to have a 10 buy-in downswing. You can get your money in mostly good, and lose a lot of 60/40 hands in a short space of time. I had never had more than a 4 or 5 buy in downswing until this weekend, when I had a nice 12 BI one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 PM

well, i'll tell you what, i usually make sure that when i'm full stacked.......i stack off when i'm on the 60 side of the flip. if i'm on the 40 side, its usually against half stacks on down or i'm getting multi way action.

i think with that style, its pretty mathematically tuff to swing down 10 buy ins but anything is possible.

lets see........i dont know how to do the math but if lets say u were a 55/45 favorite on average.......whats the odds of losing 10 buyins in a row?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i'll tell you what, i usually make sure that when i'm full stacked.......i stack off when i'm on the 60 side of the flip. if i'm on the 40 side, its usually against half stacks on down or i'm getting multi way action.

i think with that style, its pretty mathematically tuff to swing down 10 buy ins but anything is possible.

lets see........i dont know how to do the math but if lets say u were a 55/45 favorite on average.......whats the odds of losing 10 buyins in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't want to sound like a crotchety old-timer, but this is pretty much ridiculous. first of all, there was a time when I thought there was no variance in poker and that I couldn't lose -- everything feels so easy when you run good, and that can last a ridiculously long time. but it's best to be prepared for running bad -- and trust me, it's coming. second of all, if you're always a 60-40 favorite when the money goes in, you're doing something very very wrong, and will invariably lose if you ever play in a game in which your opponents have a clue.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under 1%.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM

(.45)^10=3.4x10 -4
Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't want to sound like a crotchety old-timer, but this is pretty much ridiculous. first of all, there was a time when I thought there was no variance in poker and that I couldn't lose -- everything feels so easy when you run good, and that can last a ridiculously long time. but it's best to be prepared for running bad -- and trust me, it's coming. second of all, if you're always a 60-40 favorite when the money goes in, you're doing something very very wrong, and will invariably lose if you ever play in a game in which your opponents have a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am "usually" a 60/40 favorite when i'm full stacked or deep......or unless equity dictates other wise.

this is my style for the small levels. i understand the difference in the games where people have a clue.

besides, whats wrong with getting your money in good most of the time? thats good poker.

please tell me what level people begin to have a clue.

i been a live player and pro for 4 years. i worked my way from 4/8 limit to 40/80 limit and 100/200 limit and 10/20 nlh.

not to sound like a prick but i have found the same clueless idiots at every level.

i know about running bad........believe me. i dont think about it anymore.

i'm on here to do a mini ferguson challenge. i didnt start with 0 but i bought in for 500 and i'm going to run it into 10k in my spare time.

i'll side bet anyone in here whatever amount they want......up to 5k.........no timeline.......i'll hit 10k.

lets get some action goin on in here. time to stir this omaha room up a little [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM

No timeline? LOL, I'll offer a similar bet, but I have to reach 400,000,000,000k. Much more difficult.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No timeline? LOL, I'll offer a similar bet, but I have to reach 400,000,000,000k. Much more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my bet sure is nitty........but not easy for the average person. most poker players are losing players. plenty of good players that can win in the long run but some where along the line.......they stumble, blow up, chase losses etc. etc.

i dont think my prop bet will ever take place. only a fool imo would take me up on it.......but you never know.......i could blow up too.

ive seen these prop bets here on 2+2 before. i dont know how the arrangements would be made exactly. maybe through one of the moderators? idk, but i'm willing to take any offers if i know for a fact that the arrangements are 100% guarenteed.

ahh whatever. i'm an idiot but i try my best to give informed opinions on hands in here and i dont think my opinions are far off from the correct decisions. theres more than one way to skin a cat and i been skinnin that pussy for quite a while now.

i think this is a good forum and there is some smart people in here.........yes, you too mr fabrizio.......you maniac.

rempel should write a book.

by the way, i broke the 2k mark.

see you at 10 k boys.