Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

lol. Care to point out why you say it's wrong or do you just want to say something is wrong and not explain yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on Tdarko, you expect Assani to make an argument that makes sense.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss playing like this is >>>>>>>>>>> Marvin, Reggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne(for 2007, obviously he was better in the past).

Strikingly similar to how Billicheck went from sub .500 coach with one winning season in 5 to "genius" as soon as he got Brady.

Or how the Pats defense suddenly becamse great.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. So your argument is Jeff George is the greatest QB of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp and the answer is yes

p.s. let's get some side bets going on how long it takes in the next assani fisher argument thread before assani links some retards from foootballguys as if this is relevant
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

lol. Care to point out why you say it's wrong or do you just want to say something is wrong and not explain yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Common perception is that vince young's mechanics are great. Assani doesn't have to explain further.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Assani, he does make things interesting around here
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THE COMMON PERCEPTION was that Moss was no longer the WR he used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
many people actually considered them to be a bottom 3 team in the NFL last year before VY took over

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you place a such an importance on popular perceptions and offseason chatter in your evaluation of players?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't simply "popular opinion"...EVERYONE thought those things. NFL GMs didn't think Moss was worth much anymore, as evidenced by his low trade value. Now if you think you know more than NFL GMs, then you definitely know more than me and I'll just shut up and listen to what you have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss is good on a good team that's winning.

As proven on mediocre or bad teams, he's nothing really to write home about. He certainly doesn't inspire a a bad team. He certainly isn't one to help a rebuilding process. If he was on a terrible team and really making a difference, it might be noteworthy.

So, in a way, the GMs of lesser teams probably had it right. He's a tempermental headcase that they'd rather not deal with so not worth the trade as they wouldn't get the same value out of him.

b
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 AM

Every GM in the league would have given a 4th for Moss, but they couldn't. The Raiders hands were tied because of Moss' contract situation. This has seriously been beat to death over on the Jags website. Moss had them handcuffed and they did the only thing they could to unload him and his contract.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM

69 rec 1313 yards 17 TD
80 rec 1413 yards 11 TD
77 rec 1437 yards 15 TD
82 rec 1233 yards 10 TD
106 rec 1347 yards 7 TD
111 rec 1632 yards 17 TD
101 rec 1680 yards 23 TD
Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a post expressing an opinion and you gave no reasoning or facts to back it up. Therefore, I didn't find it necessary or worthwhile to post any reasoning of my own. If you want to bring an opinion with some solid analysis, then post it and I'll respond in kind.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moss playing like this is >>>>>>>>>>> Marvin, Reggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Before Moss started playing with Brady, nobody would've thought that he was as good as even just Wayne(for 2007, obviously he was better in the past).

Strikingly similar to how Billicheck went from sub .500 coach with one winning season in 5 to "genius" as soon as he got Brady.

Or how the Pats defense suddenly becamse great.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. So your argument is Jeff George is the greatest QB of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp and the answer is yes

p.s. let's get some side bets going on how long it takes in the next assani fisher argument thread before assani links some retards from foootballguys as if this is relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

When talking about the perception of the "common fan" its not reasonable to link to a thread on the biggest FF message board? Great logic you're using there.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Here is basically how the argument has gone

You guys: The Pats suck. Bellichick has one winning season in 5. They'll be one of the worst teams in the league.

Me: I agree.

You guys: Pats got so lucky. They're not really that good.
Me: Ummmmm....ok

You guys: Brady has sick talent around him. Manning doesn't. Manning is better.
Me: Wasn't this the same team that everyone thought sucked before Brady came along?

You guys: Just look at all the advanced statistical numbers. Manning is way better than Brady. Brady clearly just has a better team around him.
Me: I disagree. If Brady had Harrison/Wayne he'd put up stats too.

Me: Look at those stats Brady is putting up! Super bowls and stats now.
You guys: Hes only doing that because he has Moss.

Honestly, what else does Brady have to do? Hes won super bowls, hes "managed the game", hes led late game comebacks, and now hes going to set all sorts of records.

I love Manning...out of the QBs I've seen play, hes my #3 behind only Montana and Brady. So this isn't a slight on him. I just think that Brady is teh best player I've ever seen play, and while I can understand disagreeing with it, I don't understand the outrage and "OMG you're an idiot" type responses.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Assani,

How is that an opinion? The QB position requires a greater skill set to play than any other position on the field--are you arguing that VY isn't a crazy athletic guy? It doesn't take a whole lot to realize that if he had the skill set he would be a better QB--but you have argued over and over about how good he is despite being benched and despite countless arguments against him.

For instance if VY had never picked up a baseball bat in his life and you put him in a batters box he would have 0 chance to hit the ball--now that is fact (he wouldn't have the learned skills to hit a baseball no matter how through the roof athletic he is--he would break the kinetic chain almost immediately). Athleticism can only get you so far until the proper skill set needed to perform the given task has to take the person the rest of the way. There are some that are all raw athleticism and never become great b/c they don't master the skills to levels that the others around them do, then there are those that have less athletic ability but possess the skill sets but athletic ability is a big part of athletics so they too are held back to a degree--those that can combine both are obv the Brady's and Manning's of the NFL.

This is motor behavior 101. I don't need to pull up some article written by some yay-hoo to try and prove something I already know.