Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: TV Wednesday

[ QUOTE ]
katy, do you feel better about pb&j after the second episode?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Dancing with Wookie 10/8/2007

Man, I'm still bummed about Albert and Anna leaving. Edyta was looking ridiculously awesome tonight, though, so that'll cheer me up. Cheryl was looking pretty good.

They're opening up strongly tonight with Sabrina. Unfortunately, it's jive. I'll never like this dance, but we'll see how she does. She has a great connection with Mark, and it shows in how quickly she's able to spin. She can't spin that quickly and cleanly without using her partner effectively to help her. Her performance was outstanding, but I don't so much care for her feet. She needs to point her toes! That would have added quite a bit to her dancing. She also needs to collect her feet on her triple steps, too. I was also a little off-put by how much of the shtick was all him and not her. I think her 27 was a hair generous. I would go with 26.

I'd like to note now that it looks like Drew is getting the hang of hosting. He seems to be doing a better job this week and is getting more comfortable.

Cameron got tango, a dance I like much better. Edyta has choreographed some great tangos, and I think this dance could suit Cameron well. Man, what a weird song choice. That song deserves foxtrot, not a tango. His posture and his frame were much improved, although he broke it a bit when during the gauchos. I agree with Len, that he wasn't low enough to the ground and that it should have been a little slower. I think his score was fair, though. He looked pretty good, but a weird song that didn't fit tango hurt him. It's hard to feel like getting low and slow when the music is up and bouncy.

Mark is third, and I'm curious about him. He might be able to pull of the performance to do jive well. Hmmm, but having a body able to do it is an entirely different issue. Mark's getting the hang of things. He certainly wasn't as good as Sabrina, but he looked a lot better. He cleaned up his dancing a whole lot. He could again stand to point his toes and pick up his feet more, and I agree w/ Carrie Ann's criticisms. Still, I think this was his best dance yet. I was thinking 21 for him, but I can't really disagre with a 20.

Jennie gets another shot at ballroom, doing tango. Oh, this was really, really good. She was sharp and crisp in her footwork and head position. The choreography was extremely difficult and fit the music very well. She absolutely needs to stiffen up her right elbow to perfect her frame. Doing that would help her posture, too. She may end up giving Helio and Sabrina some competition. Her 26 was well-earned.

Well, Katy will be happy with Max's outfit tonight. Man, I listen to Bruno, and I have to disagree. I think she was lower in energy noticeably compared to Sabrina, and her frame was much floppier. The tempo was lower, and she didn't spin as crisply. I think her 27 was too generous. I liked both Sabrina and Jennie better. I was thinking 24-25. Oh man, I think Katy loves Drew, too, for giving Max license to strip.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM

Wayne gets tango, and for that, he should be most grateful. Jive would not be a good dance for him, but in tango, he can work his shtick better w/o having to dance well. Well, he got a great song, and this was a good dance for him. Oddly, his hunched posture is surprisingly decent for tango. Tango in the original Argentine style may be hunched, as it happens, and the man and woman may even make head contact. It's not appropriate for ballroom, though. Still, it was mostly Cheryl using Wayne as a pole to dance on, and Wayne not dancing all that much. The fan was mostly getting in the way rather than adding to the act. I guess 18 is an improvement, and it's fair, but Wayne is still not very good.

Floyd got jive. I have no idea if he'll be good at this. Well, his lead continues to be a total trainwreck, but his footwork isn't bad, even if he does need to point his toes. This dance is much more footwork than connection, so it suited him well. I think his 21 was fair, given that the dance did play to his strengths.

Dr. Quinn, Dancing Woman gets the designated sentimental moment of this season. And she had a great dance to go with it. I think she has the best ballroom posture of any woman on the show. She was very sexy out there, hooking her leg over Tony and having him kick her leg around. I think this was the best dance so far. I didn't think she quite hit the level of a 10, so her 27 was solid.

Helio is going to have to wow us if he's even going to tie for the lead now, let alone take it solely. Oh my goodness. Tonight is absolutely ridiculous. Helio's jive was great. He looked like he was having so much fun, and he has the best arms of any guy in the competition. He's got also got the best lead of any guy in the competition. I think his 24 was brutal. I think he looked better than Mel B. His energy was higher, and he looked cleaner to me. I was thinking 25-26.

Closing out the night is Jonny and Marie Osmond. I'm surprised she didn't bring as much shtick, actually. I didn't think her movement wasn't as crisp, and it wasn't as entertaining as the other women doing tango. She had a good face for this dance, yeah, but I was let down by this one. Her 26 was very generous. I was thinking 24 for her.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 AM

anyone see the boondocks? i had been highly anticipating watching it, but ended up watching mnf/yankees v indians.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

no, no, no,

No.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 AM

Wookie -

I'm curious about Floyd. Is he any good? It seems like the judges hate him. I get that his toes aren't pointed but what about his rhythm and agility, is it there? So he got what, three 7s? And Wayne Newton got three 6s? Something is weird about that.

I'm too tired to comment on all the dancers. I thought Helio was robbed. He was not worse than Marie. I thought Marie was just alright dawg.

Dr. Quinn was surprisingly good. Loved her dancing and dug the hair and costume tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Jenni Garth was also surprisingly good.

Who would you give the "most improved" award? Jenni maybe?

And I will close on a note about Max. Holy moly, the man is a god. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i will think about him tonight.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 AM

Floyd is not good. He might be saved by fans past his time, but he's been lucky that he's drawn mostly latin dances so far, and that the judges have been kind. He's easily the most overrated dancer on the show. Put him in a waltz, and we'll see a disaster.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

no, no, no,

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, just a little better, then?

also, you never answered me about ur avatar. what's up with that? i miss the old katy . . . y'know, back when you were female.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:05 AM

I got around to seeing the Pilot of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Very, very good, will keep watching for sure.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got around to seeing the Pilot of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Very, very good, will keep watching for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

What channel and when is this on?