Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys who lean on the urinal divider while they take a piss. Just saw this one before lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old dudes do this all of the time - I assume it's a balance issue, and I can understand that. But there are a few guys in my office that do this, one of them leans forward on the wall with both arms. You walk into the bathroom and it's just a big WTF?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, we have one of those too. How bout people who take a deuce and don't wash their hands. Douchy or just plain disgusting?

[/ QUOTE ]

We just fired a guy that didn't wash his hands. It become well-known over the course of two years. Everyone always watched him in the kitchenette and steered clear of the things he used. Once I told the office manager about it, she would just go in there and throw away the stuff he used. There was much rejoicing when he was let go.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cuz it rules.

And I've never met anyone outside of a 20 minute radius from Boston say they're from Boston, never mind people from NH, VT, ME, RI, or CT. In fact, the upper NE states have a pretty strong state pride thing going, especially VT.

But he's generally right about anyone who uses nearest big city to describe where they're from. I've met more than a few people from like, Morristown, NJ who use NYC as their location.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Sudbury, and instead of explaining where Sudbury is it's a lot easier to just tell them I'm from Boston. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cuz it (Boston) rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And I've never met anyone outside of a 20 minute radius from Boston say they're from Boston

[/ QUOTE ]
This does not compute.

Your first statement is wishful thinking.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cuz it rules.

And I've never met anyone outside of a 20 minute radius from Boston say they're from Boston, never mind people from NH, VT, ME, RI, or CT. In fact, the upper NE states have a pretty strong state pride thing going, especially VT.

But he's generally right about anyone who uses nearest big city to describe where they're from. I've met more than a few people from like, Morristown, NJ who use NYC as their location.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on where I am, I'll tell people the nearest city (Toronto) instead of my little suburb town. Why? Because no one knows where the [censored] Whitby is if they don't live in the area.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM

LFS,

Yeah, I don't really see too much wrong with it. Most of the time I tell people I'm from MA, they're follow up question is "where, Boston?", or "how close to Boston?" My point was there's a certain radius that's pretty acceptable, based loosely on time and whether it's an actual suburb of Boston. I know people from Medford, Wellington, etc. and it's close enough the it makes sense to say it, especially in a situation where you're living in California and no one actually give a [censored] about your actual town.

But me, I grew up about an hour south in Swansea, and even though that's pretty close and my father worked in Boston, no one there really identifies themselves with it. We never went there or anything. We more identified with Fall River or Providence. So if I knew someone who lived in my hometown saying they were from Boston, it'd be obvious they thought that was cooler than saying Swansea or Providence, so it's sorta douchey.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

1) if you were in the military
2) if you drive hummer
3)using blue tooth earpiece outside the car
4) gold teeth, any bling-bling necklace
5)pesonalized license plates (i saw one yesterday in a lincoln towncar saying "CEO 24"

the list is endless. However none of the above are definite. its just a guideline
Old 08-24-2007, 03:35 PM

1. If you make sweeping generalizations about people who served in the military.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. If you make sweeping generalizations about people who served in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]

This one resonates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

I thot the white stickers were for street parking in those beaches. No? Way too many people have LBI/OBX stickers otherwise...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) if you were in the military

[/ QUOTE ]

OK... wait, WTF? Whatever you're politics are, I understand disliking war to one degree or another, but you actually have a beef with the soldiers themselves? Really, honestly, WTF?