Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: All 3 Boston teams winning the championship??

Read your posts much?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how much flack I got for saying the real odds on the Boston Championship teams when they look to be spot on or even *shock* too high??

Looks like yoall you haters were WRONG. Now will you have the balls to admit it? Doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how this gets proven one way or the other...and yes, your odds were/are horrible.

105,799 and counting
Old 10-29-2007, 02:59 PM

2 out of 3 posters I have on ignore are Boston fans...and I thought NY fans were supposed to be the annoying ones
Old 10-29-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read your posts much?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more a reaction to your post. You claimed they had "0 chemistry" LOL watch a Celtics game in the preseason and you would have seen they looked like they had been together for 3+ years. The chemistry is there.

Then you claimed they had no chance to even compete out west LOL wtf??? Sorry they are better than any other team aside from the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs (I actually think they are tied with the Mavs and might actually be better than the Mavs, it's real close).
Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Red Sox and Pats were/are solid bets.

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ 12:1 not being a neutral EV bet. You do realize the Celtics are probably the best team in the east (assuming Doc doesn't screw it up too badly with his coaching) and are not that much worse than the Spurs or Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've told you this before...maybe even in this thread...

You are such a better poster when you're not talking about Boston sports. Seriously. I don't mean this to be offensive, but you're just horrible when you talk about any Boston team.

I have no clue why some intelligent people can be so illogical when discussing their home teams.

105,798 and counting
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ 12:1 not being a neutral EV bet. You do realize the Celtics are probably the best team in the east (assuming Doc doesn't screw it up too badly with his coaching) and are not that much worse than the Spurs or Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've told you this before...maybe even in this thread...

You are such a better poster when you're not talking about Boston sports. Seriously. I don't mean this to be offensive, but you're just horrible when you talk about any Boston team.

I have no clue why some intelligent people can be so illogical when discussing their home teams.

105,798 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from the person who claimed the Pats were only 8:1 to win the superbowl LOL enough said.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read your posts much?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more a reaction to your post. You claimed they had "0 chemistry" LOL watch a Celtics game in the preseason and you would have seen they looked like they had been together for 3+ years. The chemistry is there.

Then you claimed they had no chance to even compete out west LOL wtf??? Sorry they are better than any other team aside from the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs (I actually think they are tied with the Mavs and might actually be better than the Mavs, it's real close).

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause pre-season in any league is an indication of anything that will happen in the regular season or playoffs when teams buckle down. Injuries happen and the new team is will be for the most part reliant on the big 3 with a decent but hardly noteworthy bench. I wouldn't even be that confident that they come out of the East. The playoffs are another oyster to themselves in which the best team on paper doesn't always make it (see the Mavs last year). On paper, the Celts have the talent to win the East, but that's only on paper.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just not buying into the team quite yet. You think they're already better than Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland? I'm not saying they can't be, but I don't think they will be from the very start of the season.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read your posts much?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause pre-season in any league is an indication of anything that will happen in the regular season or playoffs when teams buckle down. Injuries happen and the new team is will be for the most part reliant on the big 3 with a decent but hardly noteworthy bench. I wouldn't even be that confident that they come out of the East. The playoffs are another oyster to themselves in which the best team on paper doesn't always make it (see the Mavs last year). On paper, the Celts have the talent to win the East, but that's only on paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was a way to bet on chemistry, but if there was I would give you 5:1 on it. It's clear they will have chemistry, all of them are so unselfish and want to win more than personal stats etc.

Of course they aren't guarenteed to make it out of the East, I never said they were. I just said they were the best team in the east and the favorites to make it out of the east.

Injuries can happen to any team. What if Duncan, Nash, or Amare goes down?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just not buying into the team quite yet. You think they're already better than Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland? I'm not saying they can't be, but I don't think they will be from the very start of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly. The only team that scares me is Chicago and that's cause Deng matches up real well with Pierce, Hinrich matches up pretty well with Ray Allen, and KG could be somwwhat neutralized with Wallace/Noah/Ty Thomas etc. (although I think KG can still go to work on those 3).

However I still think we are the favorites to beat all of those teams.