Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
soul what makes you think US players are only doing it. As I recall a lot of teams were setup in europe where a great player would take over when the mules went deep etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think US players are doing it exclusively, but I do think it's more wide-spread there. It's quite possible I'm wrong.

Edit: that, and the competition is also way weaker on the Euro sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong imo, one of the original multi accounters was Noah Boeken (spelling?), he's from Holland I beleive. Additionally, I have heard of waaaaaaaaaay more stories of collusion in cash games on prima and ladbrokes than I have about stars or ftp.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong imo, one of the original multi accounters was Noah Boeken (spelling?), he's from Holland I beleive. Additionally, I have heard of waaaaaaaaaay more stories of collusion in cash games on prima and ladbrokes than I have about stars or ftp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Boeken is from Holland. He started out playing Magic, and surprisingly was caught cheating there as well.

I have no connections to speak of in Europe among the top players, so my impression is from reading 2+2 only. I very much doubt Euro players are more ethical than US players (if anything, I'd say less).
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 AM

"Yeah Boeken is from Holland. He started out playing Magic, and surprisingly was caught cheating there as well"

Funny, on David Williams wiki page it says he got caught cheating at Magic too...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:37 AM

Uggh, I hate thread like these. I play all the high buy in tourneys on all the major US sites, but I am reasonably unknown so I am way behind on gossip, and am virtually clueless when it comes to who is multiaccounting, what accounts are shared, etc etc. It's sick for me to read threads like this and realize how much my ev is affected, and I am completely in the dark about who's doing what.

I don't think I understand why people in this thread who seem to know (or at least suspect) who is cheating don't step and do something about it. Say "I don't want to rat the person out" or "Well, I have no proof, so what can I do?" but you know that both of those statements are cop outs. Anybody who cheats us in tourney is not somebody who should be protected. Also, what is the harm in firing off emails to security/support of the poker sites with your accusations? What's the worst that could happen? Them tell you that they don't have enough evidence to do anything. However, the more and more people that send emails accusing certain people or accounts, the closer the poker sites will look into suspicious activity between accounts. Maybe the whole thing is out of control, and there is nothing we can do about cheating/multiaccounting, but it definitely doesn't hurt to try.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
will someone out somebody already?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I understand why people in this thread who seem to know (or at least suspect) who is cheating don't step and do something about it. Say "I don't want to rat the person out" or "Well, I have no proof, so what can I do?" but you know that both of those statements are cop outs. Anybody who cheats us in tourney is not somebody who should be protected. Also, what is the harm in firing off emails to security/support of the poker sites with your accusations? What's the worst that could happen? Them tell you that they don't have enough evidence to do anything. However, the more and more people that send emails accusing certain people or accounts, the closer the poker sites will look into suspicious activity between accounts. Maybe the whole thing is out of control, and there is nothing we can do about cheating/multiaccounting, but it definitely doesn't hurt to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 AM

what about peopel with knowledge in hacking
they could hack the programm and know holecards or comming flop turn usw. maybe for only 1table i think thats possibil

greetz
Old 07-27-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah Boeken is from Holland. He started out playing Magic, and surprisingly was caught cheating there as well"

Funny, on David Williams wiki page it says he got caught cheating at Magic too...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's right. I played MTG at the time, Williams' case was a lot more debatable than Boeken's.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 AM

Off the shores of Manhattan is a symbol--a symbol of all that is right with the country--a symbol of liberty, of freedom, of hope. She boldly proclaims to all those entering this country, "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses."

She does not, however, invite the presence of cheats, of multiaccounters, of scoundrels. No where on that Statue does it read, "Give me your scam-artists, your con men, your men of disrepute." I would ask that you, Zee; and you, JJ; and the rest of you disrespecting that beautiful woman in the New York Harbor; I would ask that all of you think twice before you cheat this country, this game, this ideal. We are a nation of civilized men, and we expect you to act accordingly. Acting otherwise is not only a disgrace to you and your peers--it is a disgrace to Lady Liberty herself.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the shores of Manhattan is a symbol--a symbol of all that is right with the country--a symbol of liberty, of freedom, of hope. She boldly proclaims to all those entering this country, "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses."

She does not, however, invite the presence of cheats, of multiaccounters, of scoundrels. No where on that Statue does it read, "Give me your scam-artists, your con men, your men of disrepute." I would ask that you, Zee; and you, JJ; and the rest of you disrespecting that beautiful woman in the New York Harbor; I would ask that all of you think twice before you cheat this country, this game, this ideal. We are a nation of civilized men, and we expect you to act accordingly. Acting otherwise is not only a disgrace to you and your peers--it is a disgrace to Lady Liberty herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhetorical excess much?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but for almost everyone posting in this thread, you really know nothing. You don't know anything about me or the cheating situation in online poker.

It really is funny to read the rumors about me having two accounts ranked, being deep in the Sunday Million every week, and all that. I don't even play every week anymore, let alone multi-account.

To say I am the "shadiest person in online poker" actually made me laugh. Most of you have never talked to me, and have only heard stories about me from a friends that knows a friend, etc.

To comment on the situation, multi-accounting is embedded in online poker. The sites have no modern means of stopping it, so nothing can really be done. There will always be ways around it, always. If people really want to multi-account tournaments, they will find a way to do it.

There is no need for a witch hunt. Everyone has done it before , and people are still doing it all the time. Some people that have commented in this thread against it do it/have done it. It's the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what annoys me most. It's like the teenager that gets busted by his parents for doing drugs and their excuse is "well everybody else is doing it". First of all, not everyone else is doing it, and secondly, even if they were it doesn't make it right.

I don't know much about you but you are obviously a talented poker player. Surely you must be smart enough to realize you could make a really good living playing poker when you reach legal age. You should realize however that cheating and your attitude towards it will be detrimental to your long term income.

I guess it's hard at your age to think about the long term, but your current attitude is something you will grow to regret later in life.