Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 3, Thur., July 12 **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New Chipleader Kenny TranKenny Tran = New Chipleader; Andy Philachack Eliminated
On a board of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Kenny Tran and Andy Philachack were in a raising war. When it was over, they both shoved their entire stacks all in.

Philachack: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Tran: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Philachack had a Jack-high straight. Tran had a higher straight. The river was the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Tran dragged a monster pot worth over 1 million. Tran is the first player to pass the 1 million chip mark. He is currently the chipleader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, at what point in the raising war do you realize you don't have the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently when the other guy turns over the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. he probably thought they both had a jack high straight, but he had a king so he was drawing to a higher straight. But yea still dumb to play such a huge pot like that.

[/ QUOTE ]If they don't end up getting it all in, then the player with QT has misplayed the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT always has the option of going to Valuetown.

Plus, if you have QT, you don't want to blow any 65 or 99 type hands out of the water.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah also my [censored] iPod broke at like 12:01 today and I've had to listen to this retard next to me talk about the most random pointless stuff for the last two hours. I want to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what tilts me the most in tournaments. God bless apple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post the same thing. I don't really like wearing headphones at the table, but I always bring them in case there's one of these guys (which sadly seems to be more often than not.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always wear the headphones, even if iPod isn't working.

-Z

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New Chipleader Kenny TranKenny Tran = New Chipleader; Andy Philachack Eliminated
On a board of 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Kenny Tran and Andy Philachack were in a raising war. When it was over, they both shoved their entire stacks all in.

Philachack: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Tran: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Philachack had a Jack-high straight. Tran had a higher straight. The river was the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Tran dragged a monster pot worth over 1 million. Tran is the first player to pass the 1 million chip mark. He is currently the chipleader.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. he probably thought they both had a jack high straight, but he had a king so he was drawing to a higher straight. But yea still dumb to play such a huge pot like that.

[/ QUOTE ]If they don't end up getting it all in, then the player with QT has misplayed the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The player with QT is a pro plays Commerce $100/$200NL+ regularly.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah also my [censored] iPod broke at like 12:01 today and I've had to listen to this retard next to me talk about the most random pointless stuff for the last two hours. I want to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what tilts me the most in tournaments. God bless apple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post the same thing. I don't really like wearing headphones at the table, but I always bring them in case there's one of these guys (which sadly seems to be more often than not.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's our way of finding out who the nits are.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Decision Has Been Made
The situation we mentioned a few posts ago between Raul Lopez and Christiane Klecz has been ruled upon. WSOP Commissioner Jeffrey Pollack was called to the table and both Lopez and Klecz were asked how many chips they had before the hand, as well as how many chips of each denomination they had.

The blinds and antes that were paid before the hand were separated out, and when they re-created Klecz's stack from how many of each denomination of chip she said she had it matched with the total amount she said she had before the hand. Lopez's estimated stack did not correspond with the number of chips he said he held, and it was thus determined that Klecz did indeed have Lopez covered, and he was officially eliminated. Lopez still wanted to discuss the issue with the floor (which was of course difficult because he doesn't speak much English) and he was taken aside to continue the conversation.
Caught in the middle of all this were the other players at the table, who had to sit there for 20 minutes while this was sorted out. So it has been decided that they will be able to continue playing at the current blind level during our 20-minute break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody else not like the precedent of letting a table play on when the others stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Summary what happened to create this situation?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Justin Sadauskas is a prominent 2p2er, i won't say who in case he doesn't want me to, but root for him and give updates on him nonetheless!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player with QT is a pro plays Commerce $100/$200NL+ regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't doubt it. They did get it all in, after all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Summary what happened to create this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nearly even stacks, both AI, confusion about how much had gone into the pot from each player before all the chips got mixed together.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb question I'm sure, but how exactly is Sponger posting during the tourney?

Gooooo Sponger!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb question I'm sure, but how exactly is Sponger posting during the tourney?

Gooooo Sponger!!

[/ QUOTE ]

SPONGER FOR CELLULAR INTERNET IMPLANT!