Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people are seriously underestimating Tebow's passing skills - even though he rarely threw last year he will become a much better passer than Leak was by the time he left.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree that UF is going to finish higher than third in the SEC East (in fact, I think they will win the East), I completely disagree with this. Leak as a freshman was scary passing the ball, and had people at the time talking future Heisman.

For some reason people think of Chris Leak like he was Reggie Ball or something. That guy was good! Tebow > Leak at passing? Ever? Maybe I'm way off here, but IMO, never ever ever.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Those are good picks. I think you could shake up Arkansas/Auburn/Bama and pick them out of a hat. I think Auburn has the best team of the three but the toughest schedule. I agree with Tennessee in the East. My picks:

West
1 LSU 6-2
2 Auburn, Bama, Arky 5-3
5 Ole Miss 3-5
6 MSU 0-8

East
1 UT 6-2
2 UGA, SC 5-3
4 UF 4-4
5 KY, Vandy 2-6

SEC champ: Tennessee
Old 08-25-2007, 05:24 PM

I don't think BAMA is better than Auburn and Arkansas. The Tide's schedule just shapes up better in conference.
Like AUStiger, I think all 3 are about the same.

oh yeah, I think S Carolina was nearly equivalent to Florida, Georgia, Tenn before the suspensions and whatnot. Maybe 1-2 points worse on a nuetral field.

as to Florida
-toughest conference schedule for an SEC East team
-youth and inexperience on the defense (it was the defense that won the title last year)
-unproven QB for tough situations---Meyer babied him in easy field positions and running spots
-unproven rushing attack---it took Tebow and Harvin gimmick plays to get a rushing attack last year. I like the other teams having an off-season to prepare
Old 08-25-2007, 05:29 PM

For Michigan fans, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Oregon game? My wife and I live in Pittsburgh and are thinking of driving up to see Oregon play. It would be a great opportunity to see the big house, something I would love to do some day, and see my beloved ducks.

Do they sell out every game? What kind of markup would I be looking at from resellers?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For Michigan fans, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Oregon game? Do they sell out every game? What kind of markup would I be looking at from resellers?

[/ QUOTE ]

My estimation would be not terribly hard. I've only gone to a couple games in recent years but have found that unless it's Ohio State or Notre Dame, tickets are pretty easy to find. I've always just gone and gotten tix outside the stadium - obviously not something you're likely to do - and haven't paid much more than face.

The game will be sold out, but that doesn't mean much.

Incidentally, if you go to the official site, mgoblue.com, it shows tickets available for the Oregon game - might just be singles, but worth a look.

edited to add: yup, probably just singles.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, I think S Carolina was nearly equivalent to Florida, Georgia, Tenn before the suspensions and whatnot. Maybe 1-2 points worse on a nuetral field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emanuel Cook's suspension is the only one that will actually affect the team during conference play right? I did a quick search to see if there was anything else, but all I found was the one-gamers against Lafayette. He'll be a loss, but their secondary's deep enough that I wouldn't make any radical changes in predicting how their season would go.

As for picking the SEC East, I can't really do it at all. South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia all look like they'll finish either 6-2 or 5-3. The Vols actually look like the worst of the 4 to me with how young they are, but I could see giving them the nod just because of their schedule.

I agree that Auburn will be down though. LSU should roll in the West with Nov. 3rd at Alabama being the only game on the schedule where they wouldn't be more than a FG favorite.

Actually, looking at the schedules game-by-game, I guess I'd have to agree with LSU over Tennessee in the SEC title game. The Vols will probably lose at Florida and at Alabama, but they should beat both Georgia and S. Carolina at home, especially getting the [censored] late in the year when they'll be much improved. Put the Tennessee/S. Carolina game in Week 3 though, and I'd take SC even on the road.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:04 PM

For the record, [censored] is Gamecocks. I used the abbreviation and now it's too late to edit.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For Michigan fans, how hard would it be to get tickets to the Oregon game? My wife and I live in Pittsburgh and are thinking of driving up to see Oregon play. It would be a great opportunity to see the big house, something I would love to do some day, and see my beloved ducks.

Do they sell out every game? What kind of markup would I be looking at from resellers?

[/ QUOTE ]
They do sell out every game, but the sheer number of tickets in circulation means that someone will always be reselling them. The Oregon game won't draw a super premium price or anything.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They do sell out every game, but the sheer number of tickets in circulation means that someone will always be reselling them. The Oregon game won't draw a super premium price or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sold a set of 4 on stub hub for about $120 a piece for Oregon game...they are sideline tix, but definitely not great. $50 face value. You can get them for cheaper easily. Probably can get two tix easily for under $100 apiece
Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM

I just got tickets to Purdue @ Michigan. Any Wolverines with suggestions on where to go for tailgating before/after the game?