Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

They look like they show less than old-style trunks, so why are they only for guys who are super fit?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 PM

let me rephrase: i think the fitness level is a better form of "regulation" than age. also, super fit is probably too strigent
Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM

For any of you aspiring to Wall Street success, I present...

THE HEDGE FUND

by Kenneth Cole
Old 06-30-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For years, I used to wear white socks with dark suits and black shoes. The Blues Brothers did it, they were cool, so I figured I was cool. My partner hates it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that would be goofy as hell. This is not cool at all Diebitter.

Speaking of socks, what kind of socks should guys wear when dressing up for the office? I'm talking about with Dockers or brown dress pants? I've noticed some of the guys in my office wear thick brown or grey socks which look super casual, and some wear thin (old man) dressy socks which look goofy. What is the appropriate style with Dockers anyway? It seems to be all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the man is wearing jeans, the socks should be the same color as the pants, but at least as dark as the pants. They should not attempt to match the shoes, or the shirt, or anything but the pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'll catch "old man" crap for this, but the socks should be over the calf, or at least high enough so that your shins don't show when you cross your legs (talking guys here). I know that over the calf socks are "old man," but when you wear a suit every day and are constantly in the company of other suits, nothing is worse than seeing someone's leg hair showing between the bottom of the pant cuff and top of the sock.

NCAces
Old 06-30-2007, 05:03 PM

I am personally obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer. It's a very distinct style but I love sundresses and think they are incredibly functional; one zip and you are dressed! No coordinating, nothing! Here are two of my dresses (with my head cropped out since I know Katy hates that) and the ties on the left and right are two ties I have bought at Lilly for David. I'm also going to add some other Lilly's that I like . I am interested in whether or not men who were not raised in the South and thus are not familiar with Lilly-lovers are intimidated/unattracted to the bright colors and busy patterns. TY for your responses in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For this one, not necessarily this pattern but I really like the style:

Same for this one:

I'm bidding on this one on eBay right now:

two more that I own:
Old 06-30-2007, 05:22 PM

I find the left and right tie garish. I like all of the dresses though.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:30 PM

A nifty pronuciation guide to designer's names
Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM

That kind of brightness plays very well in the tropics, and it's one of the things I really miss in clothing here on "the mainland." Women can be so beautiful and energetic, the brightest point in a guy's day, and seeing them in black all the time is just so dull and lifeless. I like bright colors on women. It's cheerful and up-tempo. Wish it were more popular.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:22 PM

I love your Lilly dresses. I especially like the last two that you posted. I bet you look great in all of them. (I kinda like that pink one in the middle with the ties at the shoulders [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Cute!) Sun dresses look fashionable to me, very feminine with a retro feel.

Also I'm digging those two ties on the ends. To me they are sexy and playful.

What do the rest of you think of Fluffpop's sundresses?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 PM

I agree that the pink and green ties are not my cup of tea. At the very least, I think that pairing one of those ties with a white shirt and black pants is not right. A tie like that, to me, seems like it'd call for a little more color somewhere so it's not standing out like a neon sign in a nunnery. I'd dig the look more if they were paired with shirts that coordinated a little more. The black shirt is a little better with the tie than the white one, but I'd still prefer there was more color up top if you're going for such a bright tie. I think the guy in the green shirt and the guy in the white shirt should swap ties.

Fluffpop's sun dresses look pretty sharp, though. I'd say I like the one she's bidding on the best, myself. I like the lacy look, and I like its pink highlight and shoulder straps compared to the plain white and the full shoulders of the last one she owns. I also really like the print on the second to last dress that she owns.