Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pro Bowl WEST - buy league Edge?
Yes, buy it for the whole league for $99 4 50.00%
No, don't buy it 2 25.00%
I'm not in this league / just show me the results 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, June, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know anything about transmissions? Around Kansas City my car started violenting upshifting and would shake a lot more than usual once I got to the final gear(I could still go 75+ though). I'm in Colorado Springs right now, approximately 800 miles away from Vegas. What are my odds of making it to Vegas without having to call for a tow?

I'm staying here until Monday so I might get it checked out. However, my car is a POS and I'm not investing more than $200 in it. I had planned on hitting up Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, etc. but not anymore. I better run better once I get to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kinda car? sounds like you won't make it and it will be a lot more than $200 to fix. i'm not a trans. expert just general auto repair, so i could be wrong, but i'd look for the nearest greyhound and save yourself a lot of hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 98 Mazda 626. They're notorious for transmission problems and I'm about 500 miles short of 100k miles.

I took it by Autozone today to see what the engine check light was for and it came back something for the transmission. Tomorrow I'm going to the Mazda dealership here and seeing what they say. I'm sure they'll say I need to get it rebuilt in which case I'll say f that, what are my chances of making it to Vegas. If they saying anything above 30% I'm going for it.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Indy,
I'm not sure if you are being a nit, but I think Slim was being facetious.
Brag: Used facetious correctly.

After being really angry because of Party going busto. I didn't play poker today after the warmup.
I watched the Jays pwn the White Sox.
Played Soccer/Football for 3 hours with REAL PEOPLE.
Ate a good dinner.
Watched Entourage which was meh.
Watched the Sopranos which was awesome.
Overall a very good day, maybe I'm onto something by not playing MTTs.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 AM

Technically you did say worst, and being able to drop the same amount of money in 1/4 of the games is much worse. Agreed on the other guy being the dumbest tho. I wonder at what point he'll realize he just might not be good.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
indi,

lol, you ahve people you are staking and you wouldn't move up a level on your own money? you are a weird man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cit,

Indy makes more sense when you assume every number he states is exaggerated by a factor of ten.

Slim

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, like my house in the bay area is only 140K, not 1.4 million, cause that's what houses cost over here in san mateo. good logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm the [censored] down. I'm one of the few people who might actually be on your side. I'm calling you an "exaggerator" rather than a "liar," which is better than what most people do. I live in a comparable area (856k vs. 812k according to the 2006 numbers for average single family home purchase price) so I might not be crazy. I'm suggesting the 10x multiplier as a starting point, as that may actually imply a small amount of "modesty" in your posts.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know anything about transmissions? Around Kansas City my car started violenting upshifting and would shake a lot more than usual once I got to the final gear(I could still go 75+ though). I'm in Colorado Springs right now, approximately 800 miles away from Vegas. What are my odds of making it to Vegas without having to call for a tow?

I'm staying here until Monday so I might get it checked out. However, my car is a POS and I'm not investing more than $200 in it. I had planned on hitting up Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, etc. but not anymore. I better run better once I get to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kinda car? sounds like you won't make it and it will be a lot more than $200 to fix. i'm not a trans. expert just general auto repair, so i could be wrong, but i'd look for the nearest greyhound and save yourself a lot of hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 98 Mazda 626. They're notorious for transmission problems and I'm about 500 miles short of 100k miles.

I took it by Autozone today to see what the engine check light was for and it came back something for the transmission. Tomorrow I'm going to the Mazda dealership here and seeing what they say. I'm sure they'll say I need to get it rebuilt in which case I'll say f that, what are my chances of making it to Vegas. If they saying anything above 30% I'm going for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a flier here and guess final drive. If that's the case, a Japaneese take-out is probably your best option. I'd guess it'll be around 1.8k for the whole mess. I'd say [censored] it and go to Vegas. Mormons are going to be very helpful if you break down. Just humor them until they get your car mobile again and then get out of there. Go for the real repair once you get to the Promised Land (aka Vegas for us heathens).
Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 AM

gg DF_Newb ... sucks you lost to 66 donk and also that you missed all teh outs you picked up on the turn
Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also [censored] the sunday million
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t7200)
BB (t13900)
UTG (t20375)
UTG+1 (t9075)
MP1 (t11350)
MP2 (t7775)
MP3 (t18400)
CO (t14400)
Hero (t7400)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t300, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t300, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1500</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t3000</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t1500.

Flop: (t6750) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4400 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t4400.

Turn: (t15550) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t15550) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t15550

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ad Ks (two pair, aces and sixes).
Hero has 4h 4d (two pair, sixes and fours).
Outcome: BB wins t15550. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a freeze-out donkament (with 25 BB effective stacks), not a 4th-level 100 BB deep cash game bro. Yuck. Turn does suck though. A lot of cash game players who dont' play many tournaments seem to get themselves in these spots too often.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 AM

slim u should be calling me teh pwn, because that's all that i is.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's a freeze-out donkament (with 30 BB effective stacks), not a 4th-level 100 BB deep cash game bro. Yuck. Turn does suck though. A lot of cash game players who dont' play many tournaments seem to get themselves in these spots too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant to type out something very similar to this, but yea.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slim u should be calling me teh pwn, because that's all that i is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... no one is not calling you teh pwn. In all seriousness, I'm trying to defend you. You actually need to hook up with my crazy Asian nuclear engineer gamblor friends who have a very nice home game in San Mateo. I'm stuck about $400 in a $0.5/1 game there...
Closed Thread