Often 1 3.03%
Always 0 0%
Just show me the results 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Amazing Pole Vaulter

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are millions of fat, lonely teenage girls from poor, broken homes who would trade places with this spoiled little princess in an eyeblink.

If they didn't want anymore publicity WTF are they doing giving interviews to the Washington Post.

+/- until she's in SI's swimsuit issue: 2.5 years.

If she makes the Oly team she'll be everywhere, with the big Nike contract, prolly still moaning about her privacy being invaded.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:24 PM

There are millions of fat, lonely teenage girls from poor, broken homes who would trade places with this spoiled little princess in an eyeblink.

Uh, I don't think she's upset about being hot and well off. I think she's upset that she's now getting tons of scary attention she doesn't want and didn't ask for.

Somehow, her being stalked and harassed becomes a grand opportunity for idiots like you to attack her for wanting her privacy. Whatever she does, she loses. What a spoiled princess.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:36 PM

have there been any reports of her being stalked/harassed? if so, then she has a legit reason to be upset. but if she's just upset that her pictures are all over the internet and that she is getting an inordinate amount of attention purely because of her looks, then i don't really know what to say to her. sorry stokke, i wanna bang you, get the [censored] over it
Old 06-10-2007, 05:40 PM

My goodness why will this thread not die.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Because she's hot?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uh, I don't think she's upset about being hot and well off. I think she's upset that she's now getting tons of scary attention she doesn't want and didn't ask for.

Somehow, her being stalked and harassed becomes a grand opportunity for idiots like you to attack her for wanting her privacy. Whatever she does, she loses. What a spoiled princess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard that?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM

For all the people getting defensive and saying she's overreacting, a simple test: if you had a sister, and she became an internet phenomenon like this, would you be happy about it? Would you give her [censored] if she got upset about it?

Regardless of anybody's intent, this has gotta be pretty [censored] awkward for her.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Yeah it's awkward, but like others have said I don't think she's actually been stalked/harassed, her and her family are just worried about it happening at some point.

Basically, she's become an overnight internet celebrity and has the opportunity to turn this into more fame and money if she so chooses, and if not she can ignore the situation and things will be awkward until she's forgotten in 6 months. Doesn't sound like the worst thing that could happen to somebody
Old 06-10-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing perverted about it; that girl's just hot, no two ways around it...

[/ QUOTE ]

still, seriously sucks to be her. would you want your parents reading the kind of stuff that people have been posting about her?

It's not like she's a celebrity that had to expect that kind of unwelcome admiration; she's a moderately-talented high-school athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

If any parent doesn't think it's standard that boys will want to get in their daughter's pants, they're lunatics and probably dangerous.

That's just part of being a girl, and part of being a parent. You might as well go yell at the sunrise.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The wave of attention has steamrolled Stokke and her family in Newport Beach, Calif. She is recognized -- and stared at -- in coffee shops. She locks her doors and tries not to leave the house alone

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, most attractive female celebrities are stalked (whether the stalker would call it that or not), but they're rich enough and well-known enough that they don't have to worry about their safety.