Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Panthers vs Seahawks
Panthers 22 64.71%
Seahawks 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'3 and 215lbs, what are my chances vs: Mayweather?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh no, it's an important point. Mike Tyson has 1-punch knockout power to someone 215lbs+, Mayweather doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such an idiot. Tyson's strongest punch paled in comparison to most of the fighters of his era. Tyson was good because he was the most agile and best defensive fighter of his time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defensive? Tyson was a brawler plain and simple. I think almost every time he fought the announcer would say something to that effect. Lennox Lewis is a good example of a defensive fighter.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 3 and 215 is fairly lanky and skinny

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 6'2" and 235. I could lose ten pounds at most without making a huge issue about it. I'm way too skinny.

Course, I have wrists and forearm bones and shins and ankles like a girl's. Kinda shameful, but oh well. A lot depends on how you're put together rather than sheer weight. I could probably get to 260, if it were an athletic build without much fat, before people started to say, hey, that guy's gettin' pretty buff.

Maybe I'm an exception, but I've known other guys like me with bird bones. We look like we weigh WAY less than we do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this varies widely, but I questioned it because I'm about 6'2.5" and about 175. While I'm definitely thin, I'm not scrawny by any means and I feel like if I got up to 215-235 range I would be absolutely ripped.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 3 and 215 is fairly lanky and skinny

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 6'2" and 235. I could lose ten pounds at most without making a huge issue about it. I'm way too skinny.

Course, I have wrists and forearm bones and shins and ankles like a girl's. Kinda shameful, but oh well. A lot depends on how you're put together rather than sheer weight. I could probably get to 260, if it were an athletic build without much fat, before people started to say, hey, that guy's gettin' pretty buff.

Maybe I'm an exception, but I've known other guys like me with bird bones. We look like we weigh WAY less than we do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this varies widely, but I questioned it because I'm about 6'2.5" and about 175. While I'm definitely thin, I'm not scrawny by any means and I feel like if I got up to 215-235 range I would be absolutely ripped.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 2.5 175, puts you at more than "definetely thin". You either arent over 6 2, or weight more than 175 to classify yourself as non-scrawny. Hell, Im 6 foot, and at 175 I look too thin.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm not saying I couldn't stand to gain some muscle, but no, I'm not scrawny. Body type/shape changes appearances enough that comparing heights/weights and guessing what we all look like is pretty useless.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I couldn't stand to gain some muscle, but no, I'm not scrawny. Body type/shape changes appearances enough that comparing heights/weights and guessing what we all look like is pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt change that much. You may not look scrawny in clothes becuase of broad sholders, or having a "wide body", but anyone who knows how to size someone up, ie a weightlifter/fighter/athlete, would be able to see right away that you arent big. I dont know if Im explaining it well or not, but for someone who hangs out in a gym etc, knows what Im saying.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM

Stephan: How much of a purse would we have to put up for you to go to a local gym and fight a trained 150 pound amateur that you would video and post? We've gotta have some 2p2s from Conn who could go along with you and carry you out afterwards.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt change that much. You may not look scrawny in clothes becuase of broad sholders, or having a "wide body", but anyone who knows how to size someone up, ie a weightlifter/fighter/athlete, would be able to see right away that you arent big. I dont know if Im explaining it well or not, but for someone who hangs out in a gym etc, knows what Im saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I agree with you there; I go to the gym regularly. I was just saying by average standards I'm not horribly thin or anything, just not big by any means.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I agree with you there; I go to the gym regularly. I was just saying by average standards I'm not horribly thin or anything, just not big by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, but we arent talkign about "average" standards here. My average standards for whether someone is hyooge or not is a lot different than your average slub off the street. hence why I called the op small.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh no, it's an important point. Mike Tyson has 1-punch knockout power to someone 215lbs+, Mayweather doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such an idiot. Tyson's strongest punch paled in comparison to most of the fighters of his era. Tyson was good because he was the most agile and best defensive fighter of his time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree strongly. After he flashed blue, he threw a punch harder than anyone I've ever seen.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM

while watching the mayweather fight i tried to test my reaction by moving my head back whenever he threw a punch. it was pretty hard!