Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]

You just dont understand but it is funny listening to you trying to pretend you know what you are talking about!

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a convincing argument.

can you point out where i'm wrong? if you can i'll point you to the spot in the wikipedia article or elsewhere that proves i'm not.

you'd be better off admitting now that you're not a golf pro and saving yourself the embarrassment.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You just dont understand but it is funny listening to you trying to pretend you know what you are talking about!

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a convincing argument.

can you point out where i'm wrong? if you can i'll point you to the spot in the wikipedia article or elsewhere that proves i'm not.

you'd be better off admitting now that you're not a golf pro and saving yourself the embarrassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK you got me I'm not a golf pro but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Just read your little link you posted and then cry for forgiveness when you realize you were wrong!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OK you got me I'm not a golf pro but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Just read your little link you posted and then cry for forgiveness when you realize you were wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, obviously trying to explain course rating/slope to you is pointless, so consider this: you actually thought a course under 5400 yards long is harder than the average USGA rated course.

it's pretty clear that you're the one that is clueless here.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, obviously trying to explain course rating/slope to you is pointless, so consider this: you actually thought a course under 5400 yards long is harder than the average USGA rated course.

it's pretty clear that you're the one that is clueless here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you not being a golfer hinders your ability to understand. Length isn't everything. How long the course is isn't the only factor into its rating.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Once again, you not being a golfer hinders your ability to understand. Length isn't everything. How long the course is isn't the only factor into its rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

find me a 5400 yard course with a 72 or greater rating and i'll eat my words.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thebrassie.com/content.ph...=scorecard.php
Here you go...... Green tees 5493yds. 72 rating Notice the White tees are 6123yds with a rating of 70.1 Yardage isn't everything!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here you go...... Green tees 5493yds. 72 rating Notice the White tees are 6123yds with a rating of 70.1 Yardage isn't everything!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a women's rating. women's ratings don't count. and it's not 5400 yards or under. and your link doesn't go to the scorecard. you're not doing too well.

also, do you really think that it's possible for the shorter of two sets of tees on the same course, by 600 yards, to play more difficult than the longer tees? i guess you're just trolling now, so unless you say something that's not completely retarded i'm not gonna bother replying.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.westlakecountryclub.com/f...lf_News-5.html
Here's another. So its about time for you to just STFU! And admit you know nothing about what you are talking about!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a women's rating. women's ratings don't count. and it's not 5400 yards or under. and your link doesn't go to the scorecard. you're not doing too well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what the bet started as. Ivey was playing from the womens tees. Thats how all this started
Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what the bet started as. Ivey was playing from the womens tees. Thats how all this started

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

the course rating and slope will be different for men or women from the same set of tees. using the womens numbers for man doesn't work.

your searches are coming up with womens ratings. you need to find the mens rating for that same set of tees. it will not be 72 or over, ever.

normally, tees that short are not rated for men, because they're too easy and using a round played on them for handicap purposes screws with the system.