Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

[ QUOTE ]
What's your favorite word that starts with gobbo?

[/ QUOTE ]

gobbowned is pretty great.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You think diamonds are better than hearts?
Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamonds are forever and hearts can be broken, plus blue >> red, Gobbo rides for the rolling 20s set obviously.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:39 AM

yo,

1)I am 80-90% going to PCA as of today, but need a roommate because I'm cheap. Got any leads?

2)Summarize the difference between NLMTT's and LMTT's in one paragraph. gogogogo
Old 12-20-2006, 03:43 AM

adanthar, I maybe want a bed compared to flor in augies room with gf and tongni as we may get booted from time to time out of the room.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yo,

1)I am 80-90% going to PCA as of today, but need a roommate because I'm cheap. Got any leads?

2)Summarize the difference between NLMTT's and LMTT's in one paragraph. gogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yuv is currently rooming with me, but you can crash on a cot if you want to. I'm sure I can find someone who has room too if you hate me.

2. Here's something that's a theory of mine. One part of gigabet's block theory is that chips become less valuable as you get more of them. Why is that? Partly because of the prize structure, and also because of the fact that after a certain point in an NL tournament (namely, the person 2nd in chips at your table), your chips don't do anything. If you have a million chips and 2nd on the table has 100k, effective stacks are 100k. In limit, if you want to get to showdown from the bb against a button raiser, it costs you 3.5 bb's. That's it. They can't valuebet more and they can't bluff more. If you have 6.5 bb's you have the ability to raise every street once before you get to showdown. So gobbo's LHE theory is that if you have 7 bb's, you can play as if you are the chipleader because no one can force you to play differently if you are close to being knocked out. And that allows you to play very aggressively even though you are relatively shortstacked.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:54 AM

I don't give a damn where I'm staying because my wife isn't with me on this one unfortunately, so the floor/a couch will work fine. anyway message me tomorrow, don't want to hijack this thread or anything.

This second part is v interesting, hmm.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:08 AM

If you plan on going back to school:

1) Is there a deadline you have set where after a certain age you won't consider going back. Sometimes people say they will go back but 5 years go by, then all of the sudden they are 24 and don't feel like being a frosh/soph again in college.

2) What would you major in?

Also, your prediction for the Fighting Illini Hockey Club. I usually go to most of the games so we should meet up again.

I saw a hobo trying to hitchhike at the exit off of I-74 in Mahomet to get onto IL-47; was this hobo representative of the average Mahomet resident?

I disagree with your suit rankings, although 4d3d is a pretty sexy hand.

One of these days I'll finally start playing MTT's again so I can work my way up and get physically and emotionally dominated by you at the tables.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goblet,

A la Superfluousman, what do you think of my game from my limited time at the tables with you?

Why do I still think that tournaments are a waste of time and that I should be focusing on cash games, even though approx. 2/3 of my roll is from MTTs?

[/ QUOTE ]

because its cool to hate MTTs, you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate on MTTs, please don't say that and invoke the wrath of MTTF on me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As for the AQ hand, I'm sure people will be curious: Blinds T800/1600 at the Turning Stone $500 donkament final table. Shaundeeb open-pushes T16000 from the CO. Button, an old somewhat nitty player calls fairly quickly. I tank with AQ in the SB with 42K and overpush, and button calls with AK and wins UI. I thought it was close, everyone that was sweating was like "omg insta-fold" afterwards. Dohh

One more question for the goblet: How much do you think your potential earnings have suffered due to Partypoker closing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I THINK THAT IS SUPER CLOSE...

[/ QUOTE ]

i also think it's super close. but tanking before shoving is no good.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you plan on going back to school:

1) Is there a deadline you have set where after a certain age you won't consider going back. Sometimes people say they will go back but 5 years go by, then all of the sudden they are 24 and don't feel like being a frosh/soph again in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't really thought about it. It depends on how poker is shaped as a profession in the next few years I suppose. I could always take night courses or online courses too.

[ QUOTE ]
2) What would you major in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Philosophy maybe? I'd just need a degree.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, your prediction for the Fighting Illini Hockey Club. I usually go to most of the games so we should meet up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be fun. I don't really follow it at all, just watch a game once in a while.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a hobo trying to hitchhike at the exit off of I-74 in Mahomet to get onto IL-47; was this hobo representative of the average Mahomet resident?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Unless he was a priest.

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with your suit rankings, although 4d3d is a pretty sexy hand.

One of these days I'll finally start playing MTT's again so I can work my way up and get physically and emotionally dominated by you at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a lot to learn if you don't like the diamonds. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2006, 04:13 AM

What three things would you a player who has some idea of omaha basics are the most important to keep in mind to really own at it?