Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

[ QUOTE ]
I just ate nutty buddies outside of the cafeteria, so I don't know all the concotions. I remember being amazed at how ingenius the inmates were given all day to solve issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you told us what it meant if you found a "honey bun" on your pillow, I don't think I would want to walk in and see a "nutty buddy" [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2006, 05:37 PM

There are plenty of worse injustices than that concerning ex-cons man.

Anyway, anyone who wants to check out the last drug/prison story can see here. More about addiction than jail, though, but very informative also.

SSNL lo-ballaholla
--GA
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of worse injustices than that concerning ex-cons man.

Anyway, anyone who wants to check out the last drug/prison story can see here. More about addiction than jail, though, but very informative also.

SSNL lo-ballaholla

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you completely incapable of making a post anymore without some sort of BBV-ism in it? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, Chump Change's thread here about questionable detainment and otherwise getting screwed over by The Man and spending time in jail is also an excellent (if infuriating) read. Someone else can link Karpinksi's, who even knows if it's true.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 PM

I know three guys who went to prison, they are all fairly normal guys who just had a bit of larceny in them. They all did time in minimum security facilities, and I have to say that each one, at the end of his stretch, just looked great. It's actually hard to believe but all three claimed, and I tend to agree, that they were never healthier in their lives prior to prison. They got regular food, regular exercise, and regular sleep. They also lived a life that was almost stress-free, without worries about things like jobs, businesses, rent, car payments, and so forth.

I'm sure it's different for guys in the max security prisons, but each one of them were quite confident that the time they spent in did nothing but good things for them health wise. OP, what do you think about that?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:48 PM

Great TR, I've really enjoyed reading it. I went through something similar when I was in College. Screwed up kid in over his head with drugs. Thankfully I didn't have anyone try to use my case to advance their career, and I recieved a conditional discharge (less than probabtion, a literal slap on the wrist) since it was a first offence and not violent at all. They did make me plea to a felony level possession though. Its been over 10 years and I haven't been in any trouble since, and I just got a job at a large (listed in the S&P 500) Company. Don't think that the felony makes that impossible.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:50 PM

It sucks terrifically hugely, but I can see organizations doing this, kind of a "professional standards" thingy. While it doesn't do anything to really guarantee honesty, at least it covers up the org/license from being questioned and keeps it more, er, unassailable as a high standard. Unfortunately, it automatically means no one can ever be assumed to have reformed.

However, how would we feel if doctors could get reinstated for major blunders?

I'm not 100% comfortable with either letting people regain or letting them lose their certification/potential licensing.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:51 PM

You said in a previous thread that you would flee rather then do more then 1 year of jail time. So given that how much time knowing what you know would you be willing to do rather then flee;

In a max security prison?

In a min security prison?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, do you know California's name so we can do an inmate search?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and no. I know it. He's still in there. I find it best to withold that piece of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and in doing so, avoiding what would have most definitely become the worst trainwreck in the history of 2+2.

Great TR.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know three guys who went to prison, they are all fairly normal guys who just had a bit of larceny in them. They all did time in minimum security facilities, and I have to say that each one, at the end of his stretch, just looked great. It's actually hard to believe but all three claimed, and I tend to agree, that they were never healthier in their lives prior to prison. They got regular food, regular exercise, and regular sleep. They also lived a life that was almost stress-free, without worries about things like jobs, businesses, rent, car payments, and so forth.

I'm sure it's different for guys in the max security prisons, but each one of them were quite confident that the time they spent in did nothing but good things for them health wise. OP, what do you think about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting question. Sounds like the OP's time in a max security prison led to so much tension over potential violence that it would probably age almost anyone, especially someone a little older or not in great health coming in. I could see getting gray hairs and your body clock somehow accelerating from the massive stress and the resulting strain on your whole body as well as mind. I wonder how many prisoners feel like they have lost a ton of physical health/well-being in prison.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, how would we feel if doctors could get reinstated for major blunders?

I'm not 100% comfortable with either letting people regain or letting them lose their certification/potential licensing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if he would have swindled peopel out of their money or violated some SEC provisions on selling stock or insider trading then sure either revoke his license or make him ineligible.

That would be the equivalent to your doctor example.

A drug offense is hardly the same type of infraction and an employer could easily require random drug testing.

/thread hijack