Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

i got this offer:

delhomme, p burress and chester taylor for my

cadillac, c palmer and d bennett.

good deal for me right?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

Take it.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 PM

I'm fine with the LT trade. I got the #4 RB and the #5 WR (at that time) for the #1 RB. Plus I still have LJ for next year. Nothing wrong with that trade.

Gonzalez is a mid-level #2 WR/TE. Isn't this a fair trade for a mediocre RB who won't come off my bench the rest of the year?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fine with the LT trade. I got the #4 RB and the #5 WR (at that time) for the #1 RB. Plus I still have LJ for next year. Nothing wrong with that trade.

Gonzalez is a mid-level #2 WR/TE. Isn't this a fair trade for a mediocre RB who won't come off my bench the rest of the year?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of Gonzalez's points come from last week's performance.

It's certainly a fair trade, but I still think you can do better.

-McGee
Old 11-10-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible trade for you.

The kicker considerations are minor. Even if Wilkins stays the top-rated kicker for years to come (no sure thing), it won't be by enough to justify giving up a young running back (always the most valuable position in fantasy) for a WR who is probably the fifth-best on your roster.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your input, and while you may very well be right, let me rebut.

These axioms (RB's are king, Kickers are interchangeable) are certainly FF dogma, but I don't have as much of a hardon for RB's as most owners, dynasty in particular.

RB's of Leon Washington's caliber largely come and go in dynasty. WR's are much more static in terms of value, IMO. Mark Clayton's upside might be Lavernaues Coles or pre-this-year Derrick Mason, but his floor is a lot higher than Washington's as well.

Footballguys has Leon Washington as the #40 dynasty RB, and Clayton as the #29 WR; even if RB's are that much more valuable than WR's, it doesn't seems that there's a big gap here. And, as I said, I needed an upgrade at K if I want to win a championship, making that part of the deal far from inconsequential. FF is, after all, about winning championships, and I feel this deal helps me do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to spend too much time on this because your mind seems made up, but regarding Washington vs. Bradley, neither player is going to have an impact on your team as of now. They are both speculative. Why not go with the guy with the higher upside, particularly when he plays a position that is scarcer?

[ QUOTE ]
I needed an upgrade at K if I want to win a championship

[/ QUOTE ]

Kickers are too unpredictable to make a statement like this. Ask Adam Vinatieri owners how he did for them last week. Ask dynasty players who owned Neil Rackers last year what he's doing for them this year.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was Mark Bradley , I'd be disgusted too. It's Mark Clayton, whom I like a lot going forward.

I was a Neil Rackers owner last year; he dragged my Deuce-less Kellen-less Javon-less sack of torn ACL's to a third-place finish. Kickers don't have any value in drafts because, as you mention, no one knows what will happen before the season starts. With the season half over, I'm convinced that this trade was the best way I could improve my starting roster at this point, and give myself a better chance at winning a Championship.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Did I screw myself?

So orignally I was trying to shop Brees around and somehow I ended up agreeing to this trade

I give up D. McNabb/A.Bryant and

I get M.Harrison/TJ.Houshmandzadeh

My Team

QB: Brees/McNabb
RB: S. Jackson, BWest, KJones, Deuce, Wali Lundy, R. Droughns
WR: T. Holt, D. Driver, A. bryant, G Fergusen, L Fitzgerald

His Team
QB: Palmer/Plummer
RB: Tiki/J Addai/M Bell/R Johnson
WR: M.Harrison/TJ.Houshmandzadeh/J. Walker/J. Jurevisious/A Boldin/ R. Smith

We Start
1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 WR/TE/1 RB/WR

Me, him, and another guy are in a three way tie for the last play-off spot.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 AM

Fair enough. Gonzo has scored 20, 20 and 23 points in our system the last 3 weeks. That's pretty consistent now that Huard has a handle on the offense. I'll see if they guy who needs a RB can do any better.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:13 AM

I'm done with this one, but just for clarification's sake...

[ QUOTE ]
If it was Mark Bradley , I'd be disgusted too. It's Mark Clayton, whom I like a lot going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it was Clayton. I wrote Bradley but my analysis still applies to Clayton.

-McGee
Old 11-10-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a trade offer from a couple of weeks ago still on the table, where I was shopping Travis Henry after his two strong weeks in a row. I was offered Corey Dillon for Travis Henry straight up, but I didn't accept at the time, and the owner never withdrew the offer.

Should I accept this trade now? Standard scoring, 1 pt 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts TD, -2 FL.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I accepted the trade last night, and it already has three objections (four and it goes to the CBS Sportline Commissioner for review).

Also, the owner who originally offered the trade posted a message on the league's message board, stating:

[ QUOTE ]
guys vote this trade down. i offered it 4 weeks ago and forgot to take it down. now this guy accepts it. it is one sided and should be diapproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

The fact that this owner was stupid enough not to withdraw the trade has nothing to do with it being unfair. Not that it matters, in my league, if you are lucky enough to actually get a quasi-fair offer, the odds of it not getting voted down are slim to none. I would respond to the owner who is telling everyone to vote the trade down, but I don't want to draw any more attention to the deal than there already is (if I can avoid one more veto by midnight, it'll go through). The only trade that went through this year was Cadillac Williams for Chris Chambers straight up, which was around Week 5 IIRC. That one got voted down too, but somehow the CBS Commissioner thought it was a fair deal and let it go through anyway.

Maybe I just picked a bad league this year, or maybe I should just stay away from these CBS Sportsline leagues. I've had great success in these leagues in the past, but this year has been an absolutely awful experience in all regards.

Also, if you guys recall, I posted about a team that added and dropped every available kicker so none of them would clear waivers, preventing another owner and myself from having an option at kicker for the week. I contacted Sportsline about the issue, and all they said was that they would look into it, but nothing was ever done.

Can anyone recommend a good FF service where you can play for money? CBS' leagues aren't that great of a deal anyway, considering how much they rake, but I've enjoyed the site in the past, but this year has just been terrible.

And to cap off my rant, I'm 4-5 this year, yet 2nd in points scored, 3rd in power rankings, with (of course) the hardest schedule strength by far, along with most points scored against. I'm two games out of the division lead (there is a three-way tie) as well as two out of the extremely deep wildcard race. The combination of dealing with the crap this league puts me through along with the bad luck I've had have made this FF season the least enjoyable one for me ever (this is my 5th or 6th year playing).

EDIT: In the time it took to write this post, the fourth objection to my trade went through. alskjdflkasdjflkasjaoweij
Old 11-10-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Start 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE's. Dynasty league with 2 keepers, max of 1 per position.

I trade Jamal Lewis who is rotting on my bench behind Tiki and LJ for Tony Gonzalez.

My WR's suck being they are Coles (Got him and Tiki for LT a few weeks ago), Furrey, Galloway, Edwards and Reggie Williams.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] trading away LT was retarded. LT+LJ=ez wins like every week.