Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:11 AM

Default Re: SSNL CHEESE THREAD: OCTOBERFEST EDITION

1.1k in 227 hands. sucker.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 AM

At least someone loves me. your welcome orange [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I did work it back to down 850 for the day which i guess is somewhat manageable. Nl200/orange/crazy 55/35 laag/ = way way< me. I guess its back to Nl 100 with new goals for the month.

Don't suck/get up (that is all)
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 AM

ugh just donated 3 BI at nl200 on stars...im on [censored] life tilt
Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I've been asking everybody about this, so I might as well ask you folks.

Remember the way-too-young-for-me gal that I was asking about? Things got stranger.

Sunday I see her after church (nah, Pokey didn't find religion -- I'm just scoping the scene for chicks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I sang in the choir because I've got a *lovely* singing voice (go fig) and she sings in the choir and the guy she's sitting with is the ass. choir director (abbreviation intended). So, I wanders up and introduces meself. The three of us are chatting and he's going out of his way to act possessive of her in subtle ways (sitting close, intruding into the convo on occasion, that sort of thing). It *looks* like he's her boyfriend; at least, he sure made it seem that way. He did everything he could to show ownership except pee on her leg. She asks me what I do for a living, and when I tell her that I teach she lights up like a Christmas tree -- she's studying to teach, too, and she's clearly excited that I'm into that sort of thing.

So, we's chattin'. She says, "are you busy on Wednesday nights?"

I says, "nothing that's recurrent." I'm cool like that.

She says, "we have choir practice on Wednesdays at 7pm; you should come by!"

Toolio interrupts and says "...but not this Wednesday; we've got a meeting, so it'll be boring."

She doesn't miss a beat and says "oh, I find those meetings enjoyable; it's fun listening to people bicker."

(She invited me to something quasi-social, he tried to keep me away, she invited again. Okies....)

Then, out of nowhere, she says "here, let me give you my phone number in case you need to get in touch with me." The guy starts to sputter something like "what...what are you...?" and she just says matter-of-factly "I'm giving him my phone number." And she does. Fun, fun.

Then, it happens: Sunday school lets out and my goddaughter wanders out. Realize that she's 5 years old and just as cute as is humanly possible. OK, so five years of nuturing are about to pay off: I drop down into a crouch and point at her, thinking "girl, I've been investing in you for half a decade, and it's time for you to PAY OFF. Come on, 7-7-7!"

BOOYAH! She spots me and come trotting over, giving me a huge hug and climbing into my arms. I introduce her to them, knowing that I just scored some MAJOR points (chicks totally dig puppies and lil' kids). She's shy and coy and sweet and just does the whole chick magnet thing perfectly. All this with no training! Remind me to buy her another stuffed animal the next time I see her....

Anyways, my goddaughter and I wander off to find her grandfather, and a bit later I see Potsie and the gal sitting on another bench, and he kisses her hand -- like I said, he's doing everything but put a collar on the gal.

SO:

WTF? The girl asks my aunt who I am, she gives me her phone number without my asking for it, she seems highly attentive and whatnot, but Urkel sure seems like he's her beau. What's my next move? To put it into poker-speak,

<font color="red">Hero...?</font>

My plan is to call her on Tuesday and figure out once and for all what's going on. I'll say something debonaire like "so, you mentioned Wednesdays are choir practice, but your boyfriend said that there's a meeting this week...." just to see how she reacts. What can I say? I'm cool like that.

Life can be exciting sometimes: I know it's all going to end disasterously badly, but I'm not sure HOW. Fun, fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

does she have a myspace or mypraize page?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:35 AM

PARTY IS SOFT AS EVER, THANK YOU ALL 2P2ERS FOR LEAVING. Another 2k hands tomorrow and ill have hit the 15k points I need for redcarpet and Ill be done and can cashout.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:47 AM

holy [censored]

thats sick
Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 AM

brag: i 12 tabled this early morning for about and hour and a half and made $1k

beat: i have a 4 page paper due in 10 hours and i havent slept in 16 hours [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fumble into the endzone = touchback, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched the DVR recording I had of the game and I believe it actually should have been a TD. It's very close though. FSNMidwest had a beautiful angle looking nearly straight down the goal line. Kansas benefitted from a close call toward the end of the first half in what looked like it was a backward lateral was called incomplete. Again, that was another close play that could legitimately have gone either way.

I do think the Nebraska guy interfered on KU's last 4th down play, but there were not enough angles and replays for me to be certain.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:11 AM

Question: Who is PoBoy321 and why is he mod of SSNL if I've never seen him here?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Hero...?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like you got the nuts. Don't slowplay.

Call her and tell her you'd like to show up, but you don't know if that other guy peeing on her leg is a) her boyfriend and b) going to try and throw bibles at you if you should show up.
Closed Thread