Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 4/2

Gabe was exactly correct, he wanted to show that hand down without putting in anymore money, he knew there was three or four likely hands that D'Agistino could have had, and Patrick could have called a less to pot sized to sized bet on the river but thats it.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Default What Brad said about the hand...

-- He wanted to make a statement, showing the world he could play with the best of the best.

-- He and Phil had never played a single hand together. He thought that Phil thought of him as a businessman.

-- He deliberately paused for a while before calling pre-flop to plant in Phil head that he may have a huge hand himself. (AA)

-- Was trying to represent either AA or flopped set

-- Knew that Phil couldn't afford to make a bad call on TV since he's known the 'best player in the world'. (eg. shoving for your whole stack > calling off your whole stack if you're beat)

-- When David Benyamine leaned back so Phil could see him, his heart was POUNDING and he said he gave off several tells. (played with his goatee, chips, etc.)

-- Was praying that Phil didn't put him (the donkey businessman) on QQ and call

-- After the hand they broke for lunch and Phil asked him what he said. He claimed 42s and Phil told him that he was sick.

-- Emphasized that claiming 42s is different than showing 42s. (for obv reasons)

-- Said that when Phil called Barry, Barry interrupted Phil three quarters of the way into his story and told him to insta-call.

-- Was very glad Phil layed the hand down, even though he "knew the five was coming"
Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a well-known fact that Ivey is a big lifetime loser in the cash games. The only reason he's still in them is because the NAACP stakes him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! I found this really funny!

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM

barry,
Would you ever sit in that game?
If you did, i imagine you'd buy in for the minimum?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kidded him that someone posted that he is the most overrated player and the worst online player because I knew it would get him worked up. (We were golfing at the time.) He said, "Who said that. Tell me when he is playing online."

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee thanks, Barry. Now I've got a big fat target on my back...