Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
I am under-rolled for 5/10 (I started with 100 BB) but I am a significant winner at this level on both WPEX and Pokerstars.

I have probably played less than 50 hands of 6-Max, I'm not sure I believe your analogy that it's just full ring with 4 folders. I have both the books you mention and started reading them just this week.

My main question is whether I should drop down in levels when starting out at 6-Max, particularly considering the higher variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that you say you are under rolled for 5/10 full ring, then I'd definitely drop down when you try 6-max. Bankroll requirements are generally higher for 6-max, and you can expect your winrate to drop trying the new form, which further calls for a larger bankroll.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 PM

Oh, def. drop down. I wouldn't suggest someone new to 6max play with a roll of less than 500 BB.

You're correct that most 6max games aren't the same as ring games where there are four folds. This is because the players in 6max games are more aggressive. But my point was that many full ring players (perhaps yourself) are playing poorly in stealing/defending situations. You're able to get away with it in ring games because these situations come up rarely. 5 or 6 handed, these situations come up constantly, and if you don't play them well, you'll get crushed.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Dealt vs Contributed Rakeback

I calculated a surprisingly big adjustment in preflop strategy when the game changes from raked/dealt rakeback to 100% contributed rakeback. All the way from playing 17% of your hands to 24% of your hands.

That's a big change, bigger than I expected.

I assumed full ring 10/20, using an EV chart, playing hands with .02 BB EV and up, 3 players to the flop, rakeback split evenly among everyone seeing the flop.

Detail about my assumptions, EV chart, and rakeback calculation are in my rakeback thread in Poker Theory. I think my assumptions are reasonable and my calculations correct. I welcome reasonable debate over there.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

did WSEX switch to contributed rakeback? i have been hearing conflicting stories from different sources, i would like a definitive answer
Old 06-21-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else interested in getting some Heads up SNGs on WPX?

WSX was very responsive to the requests for HU NL cash, and it looks like the tables been pretty well-received. So if you want to request HU SNGs too, let them know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it 100% rakeback on tournaments and SNG too?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long are the checks taking? I requested one 2 weeks ago and haven't even received email confirmation that I requested the withdrawal, but the money was deducted from my account. I emailed them a couple days ago but haven't heard back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I requested a check on May 17th without choosing the $30 "overnight" option. As of June 20th, it's not here yet.

I requested another check on June 9th and did choose the $30 "overnight" option that time. It arrived today (June 20th).

I used to play on AP a lot, and checks from them would arrive in about a week and a half or so without having to use (or charge me $30 for) any special shipping options. Why are checks from WSEX taking so much longer? We all know that money transfer issues in general are a problem for everyone these days, but it's a valid concern for anyone thinking about trying the site.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else interested in getting some Heads up SNGs on WPX?

WSX was very responsive to the requests for HU NL cash, and it looks like the tables been pretty well-received. So if you want to request HU SNGs too, let them know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it 100% rakeback on tournaments and SNG too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:48 AM

WSEX GM, I wanted to transfer $$$ to my dad's new account a few weeks ago and found out Player 2 Player transfers weren't allowed. Do you have plans to change this?

Thx
Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX GM, I wanted to transfer $$$ to my dad's new account a few weeks ago and found out Player 2 Player transfers weren't allowed. Do you have plans to change this?

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

against antiguan law I believe
Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did WSEX switch to contributed rakeback? i have been hearing conflicting stories from different sources, i would like a definitive answer

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread