Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Here are some more answers:

[ QUOTE ]
Could you have an option to display $/hr when playing 4 tables of NL200 versus 8 tables of NL100, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

This can definately be done and will find its way into the "Income" tab although not before public beta.

[ QUOTE ]
Ideally I'd like to have my database reside on a server that can then be accessed by the HUD from any PC/laptop on the network.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the configuration file you setup a Connection String to the database so running multiple computers off of a single database through a LAN should not be a problem at all. Potentially you could use this same database when you are on the road but that would take some network / firewall setup.

[ QUOTE ]
a handconverter (mabye combined with the replayer) for posting in different forums

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working with a well known hand converter site to have auto posting of hands into the converter with your defaults auto selected (ie output = 2p2). The replayer and converter might not be ready for beta launch but hopefully shortly afterwards.

[ QUOTE ]
Roy, any chance you could put in a flag if a hand went all-in HU and on what street? And a flag who the caller and who the bettor was?

[/ QUOTE ]

both are in there

[ QUOTE ]
Also filtering hands for pot sizes (like > 80 BB or something like that)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - you can also filter hands by # BB's you bet, called or Total Amount Put in (Bet + Call + Post) at any street as well as total pot sizes in BBs.

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to HUD stats of 3 betting from different respective positions for raise/3bettor, and against certain player types?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Manager you can run filters based on where the original raise came from who it was and also who the 3 bettor was. I also will be letting you filter by certain players doing certain things (ie was heads up vs players xyz) or certain types of players (ie 3 bet a "TAG" who raised in early position). However, in the HUD you can;t have this much detail unless you add notes... You will probably want to analyze the regulars offline and prepare notes based on the new array of stats. In the HUD you do have reraise vs Steal and then just a regular 3 Bet or Squeeze % which basically gives you the response to a raise that is coming from early or late position. You can also see each players 3 Bet number from every position (SB/BB/Early/Middle/CO/Button) if you wanted to but normally you'd combine them into Early+Middle, Cutoff+Button, Blinds to make the data more useful.

rvg
Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 PM

*drool*
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Rvg, do you have 64-bit Vista users among the beta tester group? I'm going to be so sad if every other 2+2er is having fun with your app and I can't run it.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Hi Dazareth,

I don't think any of my alpha testers are using Vista 64 bit so make sure you download the app right on the 15th and let me know if you see any problems. I don't realy expect any since it's all .NET 2.0 and as long as you download the right version of the framework and postgresql etc then it should work good.

rvg
Old 07-05-2007, 07:02 PM

Oh, don't worry, I'll be downloading the app ASAP. If you need a Vista 64-bit tester, let me know. I'd be happy to help. I'm a CS major as well, so I think the background would help.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

running multiple computers off of a single database through a LAN should not be a problem at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I to understand by this comment that the import routine is network-safe?

That would just be lol-AMAZING [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*drool*

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 AM

If you keep half of what you promise, you will sell well to the hardcore statfreaks here. I wonder if this will be enough to topple the PT empire (don't get me wrong, I love PT and Pat).

Most of the PT users use maybe 10% of the functionality of PT ("ZOMG, I'm up 150$ over 1500 hands!").
With the things you are going to put in this rate will probably drop to 1.5% [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM

The screenshots look awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm looking forward to the public beta!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand by this comment that the import routine is network-safe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, is there a really good reason why this shouldn't work? I've only been using PostgreSQL for a few months (I'm a SQL Server guy) but it should be ok, right? I wrap everything in transactions which should help as well. Let me know if there are some "gotchas" I need to be aware of!

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the PT users use maybe 10% of the functionality of PT ("ZOMG, I'm up 150$ over 1500 hands!").
With the things you are going to put in this rate will probably drop to 1.5%

[/ QUOTE ]

I think (or at least I hope [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) that the way I've built the app especially with the extendable Report functionality and the really easy layout will allow even the "Look how much I made today" people start to go much deeper with their analysis. Of course if you just want to look at your basic stats, run an occassional report, grab a fish list for your buddy list, see a pretty graph and have a kick butt HUD then HM is for you too! But.. the richness of the data in the program is meant to allow good thinking players to dramatically step up their game. Trust me, it would have been much easier to create something that just filled a hole over what was currently out there and I actually had that about 6 months ago!

9 days to go! The private beta guys should be getting a beta release candidate in the next 3 days or so but I'm not accepting any more private beta testers at the moment.

Thanks for the support guys, I think you'll like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rvg