Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: I Just Sent this to CEO Poker Tour

We should also consider the possiblility that they are a paid fundraiser for this charity, thus making more money off of this.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM

One thing is for sure. There won't be a Pro that won't know by the end of the month. CEO tour bites the dust.

You think when they found they only had 38 entries, they decided, well, this isn't gonna take off, let's make sumpin for a charity and let it die.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Board edit

Dear Jeff Gordon,

I'm thinking about robbing a bank tomorrow and donating 9% of the proceeds to your charity. If I get caught, will you be a character witness for me at my trial? Will you tell the press what a good partner I have been?

Your willingness to do business with an apparent criminal enterprise will and should have a negative impact on your ability to raise funds for your charity. Therefore, you should resign immediately in an attempt to rectify your charity's good name.

By the way, what is your salary as head of that charity?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they do not come forward to make this right with players I will contact the Attorney General for Nevada, as this is a clear case of deceptive advertising practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

The few times I've had trouble with regulated businesses, I've written a letter to the Governor's office. The shjt rolls downhill fast...

For added measure you could try a buckshot approach: a letter to the NV Governor, NV Atty Gen, the NV Gaming Commission and Mr. Sheldon G. Adelson. List all four on each letter as a CC so they all know that you are serious.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing is for sure. There won't be a Pro that won't know by the end of the month. CEO tour bites the dust.

You think when they found they only had 38 entries, they decided, well, this isn't gonna take off, let's make sumpin for a charity and let it die.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO
Old 07-14-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I received another PM, (her second), in response to my second PM to her. It really doesn't add anything, although she continues to say that she is posting on these issues...?

PokerReader:

As I stated in the forum just a few minutes ago, and will continue to state,

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want to introduce her to "see all posts from this user"?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Guess this was too subtle in my last screenshot:

** 5% of the main to the Hollaballa Playboy Suite Foundation
Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What this is a cover up of is that one could not find out about the charity aspect of the event on the website as was claimed. Also, the vig was not fully disclosed on the website, and only partially described on the structure sheets at the tournament. The fact that there was partial disclosure of the outrageous vig charges does not in any way mitigate that the problem was that when players signed up the sign stated that this was a 2500+100 event...Otherwise, action will have to be taken that can only be detrimental to their ongoing business concerns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you should be consulting an attorney instead of posting accusations that if turn out not to be true could be considered libel or tortious interference with prospective business relations. I'm not in anyway involved in this dispute, just an interested observer.

I'd always see what the NGC says before posting here.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Best post ever Stephen. In more ways than one.

NH,

-Tex
Old 07-14-2007, 02:50 AM

I am an attorney, and I would expect that most people would believe that filing complaints with the AG, Gaming Commission, and BBB, would have negative impact on their future business. She is more than welcome to file suit, although internet communications are a more protected class, and without wanting to get in a full discussion of this subject - really all she could do is ask 2+2 to remove the information. Then if they do not, she/the business, would have some addition rights. Suing an individual for what they post on an internet group is extremely challenging. In this case, it is not close to be actionable if it were not on the internet. The facts are not under dispute for anyone at the event, in fact we have learned they were even worst and more misleading. We are perfectly entitled to file complaints, to start a boycott and discuss these matters fully with the poker community. The fact that this will have a negative effect on their business, I think is self-evident, and self-inflicted.
Closed Thread