Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching tonight?

I've been rewatching Arrested Development Season 2 the past few days. Simply put this is one of the best written comedy shows in history, and I believe Season 2 to be the pinnacle of their all too short 3 year run (probably more like 2.5 year run). This season has Buster joining the army and losing his hand. Tobias is a stand by for the blue man group and buys "The Queen Mary". George Micheal dates Ann (her?), loses her in Mexico, and finally kisses Maebe. We get to "Meat the Veals" (Ann's parents). Maebe becomes a studio executive. George Sr dies, then lives in the attic wearing old maternity clothes and having tea parties with old dolls. GOB tries to get into the new Poof, then becomes president and wears his sixty three hundred dollar suit to the office. C'mon!

Alright, I'll quit now because I could do this all day. If you haven't seen this show, rent it, watch it, buy it, worship it, then cry a little because it's gone.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 2/23

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that I haven't even had time to keep up with ModWars the last few days, so it is now my weekend project... this is compounded by the fact that I am the one under seige...

[/ QUOTE ]

Under seige? Jesus, sounds pretty serious. Have you an army? Want me to yell at someone for you? I'm pretty good at a dressing down [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read all the comments (hence weekend project), but for starters, my efforts to defend a quality poster who has also done some bad things, has incurred the wrath of several other mods, on the other side of the 2+2 world.

Sometimes trying to stay focused on the good things people do around here, doesn't work. Apparently, I was "too good" in my defense of this poster.

Feel free to PM Mat with your thoughts.

Sorry for the hijack... back to TV...
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 2/23

katy, yes that is a much better system: people still get to vote, but it leaves a check in place just in case something goes awry.

btw, is that grease show any good?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 3/3

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Saturday March 3

I went out to dinner tonight, nothing exciting on TV, just a bunch of repeats. Maybe the new series Robin Hood on BBC America, but even SNL is a repeat.

I'll probably end up watching the Poker After Dark weekly recap on NBC @ 2am.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even SNL is a repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard
Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 AM

Two boxing fights -- first one good, second one boring and disappointing. Now I'm going to try to sit through Poseidon on HBO. So far, the character introductions are quite dull. But there's a very pretty girl. Ho-hum. Heard this flick was a real stinker, but hopefully the special effects are okay. Way way too much coverage of Fergilicious in the beginning. I hope she goes away.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm going to try to sit through Poseidon on HBO. So far, the character introductions are quite dull. But there's a very pretty girl. Ho-hum. Heard this flick was a real stinker,

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha you and I were on the same wavelength!

I was flipping through the channels last night and landed on this movie towards the end. Watched for all of about 5 minutes. It was in Spanish! How is it that my version was in Spanish? was yours? Did you end up enjoying it?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:50 PM

No, mine wasn't in Spanish. But I gave up probably before 15 minutes had passed. I was just staring blankly at the screen; they made no effort to make interesting characters at all.

If you saw the original, you can see where they were trying to reprise some of the characters, but Richard Dreyfuss was drab and dimensionless as the Red Buttons character. He really brought nothing to the role.

When I realized I couldn't give a tenth of a damn about any of the characters, I gave up reluctantly. Usually I can sit through a bad movie just for the special effects. But this one was just too flat emotionally and the special effects were too predictable to jar me out of my urge to change the channel. It was a paint by numbers business, and I wasn't willing to stomach an hour or two of a movie that nobody who made it seemed to care about.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 3/5

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Monday March 5

8pm FOX - Prison Break:
President Reynolds makes her long awaited return, but it may be short lived with Michael out to expose her crimes and Kellerman fixing to add an assassination to his ever growing list of misdeeds. Meanwhile, an unlikely alliance forms over T-Bags lost luggage.

9pm FOX - 24: 5pm-6pm
An attempted coup d'etat rattles the Palmer administration, and Jack accepts an offer of help from former President Logan.

10pm NBC - Black Donnellys:
A drama that follows four Irish brothers involved in Organized Crime in New York City

Worth noting...

9pm NBC - Heroes:
Hiro goes for the sword again, with dire consequences; Suresh makes a breakthrough on "the list"
Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 3/5

Supernanny [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and a little later, Get Carter