Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 AM

Default Re: PARTY POKER : VIPs Acceler-8 your bonuses

[ QUOTE ]
Silly question: where does it say you can only earn up to 200% per week? On my account page it says "UMLIMITED WEEKLY EARNINGS" and mentions no 200% per week cap. It implies that I can earn 10x my weekly PP goal for 10x the money.

WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be correct. It provides examples going up to 400% and doesn't mention any cap.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:18 AM

Mine said:

"Your regular points target for each week is 1365 and your weekly bonus is $80"

So how much much will this earn me if I hit my goal every week? I cannot figure it out!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:32 AM

Your regular points target for each week is 4640 and your weekly bonus is $125.

2.69c/hnd. Too many points and hardly any dollars.

Actually, Party may have done me a favor. While so many of you will be battling for bonus dollars, I will be at other sites with the fishes left behind.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:55 AM

Well I guess this will mean I have to play at Party for the next 8 weeks.

I got an offer, 1075 points for $65. 1/2 Fixed Limit Full Ring, the only significant play I gave them over the last 3 weeks was the 20TO100VIP reload.

This actually works out pretty well for me. I can concentrate on playing at one site now. All the bonus hopping was pissing me off really, even if it is profitable I'd rather just have something decent at one site and move to hit the awesome bonuses at soft sites. I've been playing a lot at Absolute lately, and while it's nice to get paid to play at their tables, fighting over the one semi-loose player at the table gets real boring real fast. I can play break even over there and collect a nice pittance from Rakeback and bonus, but this Party deal is much better for me and especially more enjoyable...Playing poker sure beats the first couple of part time jobs I had to get me through school...

Personally I need about $1,000 to get through the monthly bills and living expenses. And I can reach that goal through this promotion winning only 1BB/100. I already have a few months worth saved up so I can certainly reach the end of this promotion and survive if I lose money. But if I maintain my 2BB/100 win rate over the course of the hands I should be able to move up to 2/4 at the end of the promotion. And I will have earned 20,000+ party points (counting raked days and deposit bonus points) to move my butt into the silver category and hopefully buy some piece of crap from the party store that I might be able to sell on eBay for a couple extra bucks...I already own all the hats and shirt my heart desires...

Hopefully Party has turned the corner here, but the way they treat MicroBob at this point is comical. Can they seriously project how much you play week to week based on one ludicrous promotion you managed to complete? I just can't understand their reasoning for basically rejecting a player that plays a ton of poker and Wants to play at their site.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:01 AM

I got 640 points for $115.

Thats at a ratio of 5.6 points/$. Thats about the best I have read so far. I'm only on blue, so the gold equivalent would be 11.2 points/$. Did anyone do any better then that?

According to my data, that gives me an equivalent rake discount of 23.9% at $5/$10 6max. This is the big trap people fall into I think: Its not a bonus, its a discount on the rake; and only a relatively small discount, even with my generous offer.

The other incentive of the number of weeks you reach your bonus, will provide me with an extra $460 if I do 8 out of 8. This works out to be 11.9% rake discount up to 1400 hands per week.

Overall it’s a pretty sweat deal, that’s if the fish don’t get eaten alive. But why has some got a different ratio then everyone else. The blue/silver/gold status would change the ratio, but even considering this there is still a large discrepancy. I think I know why.

Will there be enough fish during this crazy 8 weeks to justify all this extra playing?

Trent.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:07 AM

Mines on 18c/point, or 9c/point for the gold equivalent
Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 AM

Default Re: My Idea, Cross posted in the Mid Stakes Limit Forum.

[ QUOTE ]
my account + 20% Rakeback : 4340 regular party points / 210 USD

dads account - no rakeback : 2040 regular party points. / 145 USD

Which account should I use?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rakeback account, definetly.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your regular points target for each week is 4640 and your weekly bonus is $125.

2.69c/hnd. Too many points and hardly any dollars.

Actually, Party may have done me a favor. While so many of you will be battling for bonus dollars, I will be at other sites with the fishes left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how much of a favor, everyone getting the good bonuses pretty much played on Party already so that isn't gonna change. Those that didn't might not have gotten something worthwhile enough to drive them back to Party, so for the most part this should stay the same.

I know for me at 1/2 right now, I don't know if I'll be running into a bunch of VIPs, I'm still not sure why they even include me in these promotions, I don't think I've ever played enough at Party in any one month to earn VIP status. I e-mailed them that I was interested in the program when it first started and ever since I've gotten all the VIP stuff. And when they offered me the January VIP bonus I didn't even play there to clear it. I did clear the reload bonus last week, oh well works for me, and now I guess it will work for them as they have me hook, line, and sinker...

But yeah, I wouldn't expect your games at other sites to change significantly, as many in this thread are upset with their bonus and still won't be playing at Party. And enough of the ones who are happy already played there so weren't in your games to begin with...
Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how much of a favor, everyone getting the good bonuses pretty much played on Party already so that isn't gonna change. Those that didn't might not have gotten something worthwhile enough to drive them back to Party, so for the most part this should stay the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. The players going after this bonus will increase their play--that is the point of the promotion. This should result in increased ratio of good players to fish per table.

I participated in last year's "Party til you Cruise" promotion (or whatever it was called.) I kept running into the same players and the level of play was clearly tougher than normal circumstances. I lost $3,000 during that week. Fortunately, I more than made up for it with the cruise and in the tournament.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Default Re: My Idea, Cross posted in the Mid Stakes Limit Forum.

Those who busted their asses in January are now being punished.

There is no way I can reach my target while those who play a lot less get a bonus. Just doesn't seem very fair.

More flexibility please, Party.