FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
When bonds made the statement that " If I was in charge of this team we would win it all "
Stems from the fact that he would try to put himself at 1b 2b 3b ss pitcher catcher and all the outfield postitions at once like bugs bunny used to do ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it stems from is answer to a question regarding the possibility of his buying into an MLB organization as an owner or in some other management role in helping run a team.

Anyone involved in baseball will attest that Barry knows the game, and he knows more about hitting than most people could even begin to dream about. He's helped out countless guys in improving their swings, and he feels he can recognize who can rake and who can't.

Granted, he is confident that were he a decision maker in a front office, that he could bring home a title.

I don't quite understand why you have a problem with that answer, though, then again, you are kinda reaching at straws based on your other posts.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for Redbean to provide some quotes from teammates who think Barry's getting an undeserved rep. I mean really, if he's an ok guy, wouldn't hit teammates back him up? Where are all of the post-season quotes from teammates talking about how great it was to play with him? How much he helped them with their swings and how the reporters are just sticking it to him? Oh, that's right, they made those quotes, but the reporters refused to write them down or get them published....

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth be told, it's not to often that a sportswriter takes the bold stance of trying to write an article discussing the positive things surrounding Bonds away from the game.

And when they do on the rare occasion, they usually have to preface it with an apology for doing so....

Take Greg Doyel's piece for CBS back in July as an example. They guy has generally been negative in other pieces about Bonds, and out of the blue he committed himself to a rare moment of objectivity and vowed to write a positive article....albeit he has to preface it as such, almost apologizing for doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is a positive article a "moment of objectivity" but a negative article is a smear campaign, an agenda, a writer out to get him, and the media telling us to hate him? Aren't they both interpretation of actions?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Great, thanks to you not naming names in your little stories I had a dream and the person was big papi. I was so beside myself I had to come in here and let you know.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When bonds made the statement that " If I was in charge of this team we would win it all "
Stems from the fact that he would try to put himself at 1b 2b 3b ss pitcher catcher and all the outfield postitions at once like bugs bunny used to do ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Average age of the Tea Totalers is approximately equal to the average age of the Giants...it's all starting to make sense now.

(Rich Aurilia, pictured at left)
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Average age of the Tea Totalers is approximately equal to the average age of the Giants...it's all starting to make sense now.

(Rich Aurilia, pictured at left)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nominee for post of the year !!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it stems from is answer to a question regarding the possibility of his buying into an MLB organization as an owner or in some other management role in helping run a team.

Anyone involved in baseball will attest that Barry knows the game, and he knows more about hitting than most people could even begin to dream about. He's helped out countless guys in improving their swings, and he feels he can recognize who can rake and who can't.

Granted, he is confident that were he a decision maker in a front office, that he could bring home a title.

I don't quite understand why you have a problem with that answer, though, then again, you are kinda reaching at straws based on your other posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes his statements are based on experience and not over crying and whining about losing his job ????

" Well jee i got fired now i need a managers job so i'll cry to the media that I would be a better coach than anyone in baseball history " That should get me hired

It's like varsity blues and the program all mixed toghetoer Barry having his players play hurt and all shot up with roids.

What if the shortstop dives for a ball but lands on the hypodermic needle full of "juice" sticking out of his arm

Will barry spike the gatorade cooler full of growth hormone

Barry will be great for the game.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is a positive article a "moment of objectivity" but a negative article is a smear campaign, an agenda, a writer out to get him, and the media telling us to hate him?

[/ QUOTE ]

When they run about 5000-to-1.....and the author apologizes for the 1 positive piece. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I mean, seriously guy, you're not really thinking the media coverage of Bonds is anything remotely close to objective...right?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great, thanks to you not naming names in your little stories I had a dream and the person was big papi. I was so beside myself I had to come in here and let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It wasn't Big Papi.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes his statements are based on experience and not over crying and whining about losing his job ????

" Well jee i got fired now i need a managers job so i'll cry to the media that I would be a better coach than anyone in baseball history "

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...except that wasn't his statement, that's one you just made up.

Don't let that get in the way though, bro....let that anger out, keeping it all pent up just isn't good for the soul.

Go on, have at him.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[As for having not met the man, it doesn't matter. You can judge someone by their actions from a distance. You don't have to speak to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many things wrong with this that multiple books could be wrote about it. Society is truly [censored].