Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

On Sunday, I shot 97. A few pars and a birdie on a par 3. My personal best is 94. I could've easily beated my personal record had it not been for a few triple bogeys on a few easy holes (e.g. bunker shot into the water). My goal for the summer is to not only beat 94, but to crack 90.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 PM

Playing today with a guy who is a good friend, but a terrible golfer. I usually give him 5 a side and if he wants out after nine we play for "fun" on the back.

Shoot a 42 on the front, he shoots a 56 and begs out for the back. I shoot a 48 on the back. No reason, it was the first golf shots I had hit all year with no money on the line and I couldn't hit anything right. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Shot 38 on this par 31 I play every couple of mornings before work. 3 pars, 5 bogeys, 1 double bogey. Never broken 40 there before and I usually shoot 45-50. Was on the money with almost everything today... could have easily done better because I blew a few easy putts and left a few chips too far from the hole for me to 1 putt.

Hopefully this is the first of many sub-40 rounds.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:09 AM

I'm not a fan of executive 9-holes. Too many par 3's, too little opportunities to drive the ball.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:37 AM

There are three par 4 holes where I can hit a wood (don't have a driver). Use my 3 on the longest one and my 5 on the other two. If I had a driver I could probably drive the green on the 1st one.

It's the only thing I can play in the mornings before work. Tee off at 7:30, done by 8:45 and plenty of time to go home and shower before work at 10:30.

Another upside is I get tons of short game practice because I usually end up in the rough around the greens. Nothing beats a nice 18, though.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:55 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

I am new to the game (started playing about 10 months ago) but today I shot my best round to date. 107 at my home course English Turn, Louisiana. 54 on the front, 53 on the back. Only mulligan was on the first tee box. Highlights include making par on three of the four par 3's. I love this freakin' sport!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 PM

My club has a yearly singles matchplay tournament (low 64 net scores qualify over several weeks then get setup in brackets) - I'd never made it past the first round in four years of playing this thing, finally won my first match this weekend! I'm a 9.2 index, gave 4 strokes to my opponent, and played absolutely lights out; shot 5 over with 2 3-putts, a nice ass-whooping. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Did shoot an 84 the next day, guess that's my game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Played a course I've never played. Forgot to grab a scorecard - big mistake. Lots of blind shots. Classic case of building houses/course where there's not enough room. Used my driver 5 times (BOO). Teed off with 7 iron on a few par 4s. Retarded.

Sank a 10 footer for my 2nd birdie of the day to get to 13 over through 13 (This is good for me). This is where the wheels fell off. It was 90 and humid. I had run out of water. The water station at 14 tee was bone dry. Over the next 5 holes, I:

- started getting cramps in my calves and fingers, presumably from dehydration
- my heels started bleeding from blisters - 1st time I've worn the uber-short socks
- multiple bees were landing on my head/face during one shot attempt
- I must have been near a bird nest because a bird kept swooping at my head on one fairway
- lost 5 balls
- finished triple-triple-par-quad-triple for a 97
- nearly passed out in my car on the way home

Ship the trophy for most number of excuses in one round.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 PM

85 yesterday. Drove the ball like [censored], just had no idea where it was going. Good thing my putting was better or I would've shot 105.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM

golf is so rigged, I quit until tomorrow.
I shot a 105 today with 11 of 14 Fairways hit. I only had 1 3 putt, and my short game was solid. How is this possible?
I think I chunked or found water from the fairway on each hole I could. Unbelievable. I don't know what's wrong, I can't hit out of the fairway all of a sudden, thin or fat every time.